Chapter 5 - Racing Hearts

All Wrapped Up - A Girls Generation Christmas Collection

Racing Hearts

By daydreams1111

 

Yuri stirred from sleep and cracked open her eyes slowly, trying to adjust to the darkness. Her eyes went to the windows and from the slit in between the curtains, she saw that it was still dark outside.

 

Feeling the warmth emitted from the person cuddling up to her, she groaned silently; memories from the previous night coming back to her. At the very least, she seemed to be sober now and she thanked God for not waking up with a hangover.

 

Very carefully, she extracted herself from the girl sleeping next to her – Amy? Or was it Andie? She couldn’t remember. She picked up her clothes scattered around the room and tried her best to get dressed in the dark. Making sure that she didn’t leave anything behind, she crept to the door and opened it as quietly as she could.

 

She blinked and tried to adjust her eyes to the brightly lit hotel hallway. Recalling her room number, she turned around to head in the other direction.

 

Oomph.

 

She hit something – or someone – and fell to the floor first.

 

In the collision, she hit her head on the floor with a resounding crack, despite it being a carpeted floor. So much for being thankful that she didn’t have a hangover.

 

She opened her eyes despite the pain at the back of her skull when she realized that she wasn’t alone and said person had fallen on top of her.

 

“I’m sor-“

 

“Omg are you okay?” They said simultaneously.

 

Yuri laughed.

 

“Tiffany right?”

 

“Yes, I’m Tiffany the bridesmaid and you are…” she asked.

 

“Well, Tiffany the bridesmaid, I am Yuri.”

 

“Ohhh… You are that Yuri,” Tiffany said with wide eyes.

 

Yuri chuckled, hoping that the bittersweet reaction wasn’t detected.

 

“Yes, I am THAT Yuri. And you know what? I think I could introduce myself better and less awkwardly if we weren’t in this position.”

 

“Omg… I’m so sorry!” Tiffany said as she tried to stand up, only to trip and fall onto Yuri again.

 

She blushed profusely when she finally got up on her two feet.

 

Yuri stood up and grinned at her.

 

Tiffany blushed more when she realized that Yuri was semi-clothed. She didn’t manage to close most of the buttons on her shirt in her haste to get away and her black bra was visible.

 

Yuri noticed her gaze, but she was unfazed. She was more amused by this person standing in front of her.

 

“So, it’s 4am in the morning. What’s the bridesmaid doing sneaking around?”

 

“I’m not sneaking around!”

 

Yuri looked around and made the shush gesture.

 

“Are you sneaking out of someone’s room?” Yuri asked mischievously.

 

“No! I’m helping the bride get ready.”

 

Yuri smiled.

 

“I should leave you to it then. See you again, Tiffany.”

 

Yuri walked away with a wave; Tiffany watched the retreating figure curiously.

 

**

 

It was to be a garden wedding in the early evening, followed by a dinner by the beach.

 

It was what they had always envisioned for their future wedding to be in the five years they were together. The wedding would finally take place today, but unfortunately, Yuri was only there as a guest. It was like watching your dream come true except that it was happening for someone else.

 

Yuri took a sip of her whiskey; it was a little too early in the day for drinks, but she figured that out of all the people who were there, she deserved one.

 

She was sitting in the hotel bar, looking out of the glass wall that faced the sea. It was oddly calming to see waves upon waves crashing onto the beach.

 

Was that what dreams were meant to be like? Crashing and disappearing all the time.

 

She downed the rest of her drink and was about to head back to the bar for more when she spotted someone.

 

Yuri grinned to herself and walked towards Tiffany.

 

“Hello, Tiffany the bridesmaid.”

 

Tiffany spun around in surprise.

 

“Hello, Yuri the…” She stopped herself and repeated. “Hello, Yuri.”

 

“What were you going to say? Yuri the…”

 

“Umm…”

 

“Yuri the ex?”

 

Tiffany nodded sheepishly.

 

“I’m sorry.”
 

“Don’t be. I’m fine. I’ve moved on.” For the most part anyway, Yuri thought.

 

“If you don’t mind me asking though, why would you come to her wedding?”

 

“Hmm… we might actually need to sit down and grab a drink for me to tell the story,” Yuri smiled.

 

“Much as I would like to do that, I’m kind of running around to get things for the bride.”

 

“Ah.. so you would actually want to hang out and drink with me?”

 

“Uhh…”

 

Yuri laughed. “So, what does the bride need you to get from the bar?”

 

Before Tiffany could answer, Yuri interrupted, “Let me guess, she needs you to get her whiskey to calm her nerves?”

 

Yuri’s question was answered not a moment later when the bartender handed Tiffany a bottle of whiskey and two glasses.

 

“A whole bottle?” Yuri asked in surprise.

 

“This is actually the second time she’s sent me down to get her a glass of whiskey, so I figured that it’s probably easier to get the entire bottle than to run here repeatedly.”

 

“Haha… you might want to make sure that she doesn’t drink too much. The wedding’s in 3 hours after all.”

 

Tiffany nodded.

 

“I should get going then,” she said.

 

“See you around. Oh, and the bride gets tipsy after two glasses of whiskey and a touchy-drunk after four.”

 

“Noted. And see you,” Tiffany added shyly.

 

**

 

After her encounter with Tiffany, Yuri drew herself a bubble bath and she allowed her mind and body to relax. She stopped her mind from thinking about her ex-girlfriend and why she would need to drink so much right before her wedding.

 

She took her time getting dressed and ready for the wedding. She wasn’t too excited about it, why should she be? She opted for a y, form-fitting black pantsuit with no shirt underneath and a pair of black and red killer heels to match.

 

She was dressed to kill and she knew it. Instead of moping around about the ex, she should go out and have some fun tonight, at the newlyweds’ expenses (just telling the truth).

 

It wasn’t easy sitting through the ‘I Do’s’, but she survived and now she was just mingling with the crowd at the cocktail party before dinner started.

 

The sun had already set and the surroundings were getting dimmer, lit only by the garden lights, lanterns and some fairy lights.

 

Yuri had a hard time keeping her eyes off of Tiffany as she rushed around completing her duties as a bridesmaid. She had transitioned from a light mint-colored long dress during the wedding ceremony which showed off her fair and smooth skin, to a short, red halter-neck dress which showed off a modest, but still distracting amount of cleavage and later that evening for the dinner.

 

Their eyes met several times during the day, but they didn't talk. During those times, she held Yuri's gaze and the corners of curved slightly upwards in shy smiles.

 

Dinner went smoothly and uneventfully. Yuri sat with a few old friends from university, made small talk and left the table as soon as it was appropriate, which was perhaps an hour or two later.

 

She moved towards the bar situated at the one end of the wedding dinner space on the beach. She sipped at her drink and watched people dance along to the sappy, romantic songs chosen specifically for the wedding.

 

For the duration of that one drink, she was thankfully alone at the bar with the quiet presence of the bartender. However, just as she asked for another drink, someone sat on the stool next to her.

 

Preparing to either make small talk or brush off the advances of drunk men, she was pleasantly surprised to see that it was Tiffany.

 

Tiffany ordered her cocktail and they waited for the drinks in silence, waiting for either one to break the ice.

 

"Done with your duties, Tiffany the bridesmaid?"

 

Tiffany laughed. "Just Tiffany will do. And yes, I'm finally free!"

 

Her laughter tickled something inside Yuri and it was starting to become her favorite sound in the world.

 

"Congratulations. Cheers," Yuri said as she held out her glass.

 

They clinked glasses, eyes not leaving each other as they drank.

 

They sat at the bar and talked even when they had finished their drinks. The party was still going strong on the beach near them, but they seemed to in a world of their own.

 

"Care for a dance?" Yuri asked softly.

 

Tiffany looked at her face and for the first time since they'd met, she saw something akin to uncertainty and nervousness in Yuri’s eyes, which was quickly covered up by her usual bravado.

 

"Sure."

 

Tiffany took her hand in a surge of courage brought on by the drinks she had. Yuri didn't let go, so she took that as a good sign.

 

Instead of heading towards the makeshift dance floor where everyone was dancing, they walked to a quieter corner where they could still hear the music, but without the crowd.

 

They started off shyly; holding each other gently, but with time, they leaned into each other, dancing with the gentle sea breeze in their hair and sand between their toes.

 

They felt as if they were in a magical bubble, which would last only for the night and go back to the crowd and people they knew would burst the moment.

 

So they didn't.

 

They walked a little further up on the beach until they could only hear whispers from the party and its music. They sat on the beach and chatted.

 

Tiffany found out that Yuri was a professional racer and a very good one at that (and that Yuri was definitely not modest, but in a good way). Yuri broke up with the bride a year ago and it kind of broke her, but she claimed to be better now (or so she said).

 

Meanwhile, Yuri found out that Tiffany was a wedding planner and she singlehandedly planned this wedding according to what the bride wanted (which turned out to be even more stressful because the bride was a friend).

 

"Being a wedding planner means that you've seen plenty of weddings. What kind of wedding would you want for yourself though?" Yuri asked, curious.

 

"I want a simple wedding with lesser people. Just close friends and family. There's way too many guests tonight! And I might want something similar to this. A beach wedding or dinner. Maybe in some exotic location, saying ‘I do's’ while the sun sets around us."

 

Tiffany's eyes sparkled as she spoke of her dream wedding and Yuri was entranced.

 

So, she did what her heart told her to; she leaned in and kissed her.

 

Tiffany was stunned at first, but she kissed her back.

 

Tiffany's lips tasted like the sweet strawberry cocktail she had earlier. It was intoxicating and it was a taste Yuri could get used to.

 

Yuri's heartbeat was racing and so was Tiffany's, as Yuri's fingers lingered gently on Tiffany's pulse point on her neck.

 

Tiffany felt Yuri smiling through the kiss and she broke apart to look at her. Yuri's smile grew bigger.

 

"Hi," she said, their foreheads still connected.

 

Tiffany smiled and tucked Yuri's hair behind her ear.

 

"Hi," she replied softly.

 

They exchanged several other shy kisses and sat holding hands, looking at the stars and sea until their eyes started to get heavy.

 

"We should go back," Tiffany said with a sigh.

 

Yuri agreed and they made their way back to the hotel slowly and holding hands. It was nice and comfortable.

 

Yuri walked Tiffany to her room and they stood outside just looking at each other for a moment, not wanting to say goodbye yet.

 

"Well, this is me," Tiffany said.

 

"Good night."

 

"Good night," Tiffany said, but their hands were still linked.

 

"Will I see you again tomorrow?" Yuri asked.

 

"Yes, I'm still here tomorrow."

 

"Good." Yuri grinned.

 

"See you then."

 

Tiffany let go of Yuri's hand reluctantly and took out her keycard to open her door as Yuri took slow steps away.

 

"Yuri wait!"

 

She walked towards Yuri and pulled her closer for a kiss. A passionate and aggressive one.

 

They broke apart when they ran out of air; their faces were flushed and their hair were disheveled.

 

"Okay, good night!" Tiffany walked quickly into her room to hide her shyness.

 

**

 

Yuri woke up with a smile to the sunlight in her face. It has been a while since she’d woken up to something she looked forward to. She has always lived her life a day at a time because she felt like she had no purpose. Professional racing as a career injected some excitement in her life, but on other days, she was usually bored with everything.

 

Her smile widened when she recalled everything from the night before. She got up from bed and went to wash up before deciding to go for a run on the beach.

 

After an hour of running the length of the beach, she returned to the hotel. Just as she turned around the corner to get to the wing where her room was, she bumped into someone again.

 

"We have got to stop meeting like this," she said in amusement as she offered her hand to Tiffany, who had fallen onto the floor.

 

Tiffany took her hand and looked away sheepishly.

 

"Did you hurt yourself?" Yuri asked in concern.

 

"Just my pride, maybe."

 

They looked at each other and took in the sights; Yuri's hair was tied into a neat ponytail and she was covered in a sheen of perspiration and she was wearing a white tank top and long running tights. Meanwhile, Tiffany looked like she had just finished a swim in her two-piece navy bikini and had a towel wrapped loosely around her.

 

Yuri tried her hardest to not stare, but it was difficult. She forced her eyes to look at Tiffany's face and grinned when she saw that Tiffany was staring too.

 

She cleared and Tiffany looked away hastily.

 

"So, are you free for lunch?" Yuri asked.

 

"Yes, I am."

 

"I'll see you in the lobby at 12?"

 

Tiffany nodded.

 

**

 

After a nice, cooling shower, Yuri got dressed casually for lunch. She went down to the hotel lobby a little earlier than their agreed time to meet.

 

She talked to the concierge and they handed her some keys and a map. She thanked them and went to take a seat at one of the sofas to wait for Tiffany.

 

She didn't have to wait long before Tiffany appeared though. A shy smile graced Tiffany's face when she saw Yuri waiting for her.

 

Her beautiful long hair was styled in a side braid and she was wearing a loose white button-down shirt and denim shorts.

 

"Ready for lunch?"

 

"Yup, definitely. I'm starving."

 

Yuri smiled and led her to the parking lot, where a red jeep was waiting with its top down.

 

Tiffany raised her eyebrows, but she didn't question it. They got in the car and drove away with Tiffany wondering about their destination.

 

 They made comfortable small talk during the 20-minute drive and the awkwardness between them dissipated.

 

They only came across few vehicles on the road during their drive. Tiffany took in the peaceful surroundings and breeze in her face, thankful that she had decided to tie her hair today.

 

Yuri turned the car into a small road and maneuvered it into the empty parking area surrounded by what seemed like a forest.

 

She parked the car and turned to Tiffany with a smile, "We're here."

 

"We're having lunch here?"

 

"You'll see."

 

Yuri got out of the vehicle and retrieved a basket from the backseat. She walked over to Tiffany's side and offered her hand.

 

"Let's go."

 

Tiffany took her hand, liking how their hands felt together despite the warm weather.

 

They walked for about ten minutes and found themselves in front of a beautiful waterfall and stream. Yuri led them to a big, flat piece of rock at the side of the stream and put down the basket.

 

She pulled out a picnic cloth and laid it across the rock before inviting Tiffany to sit with her.

 

Tiffany looked on in amusement as Yuri pulled out more stuff from the basket - sandwiches, fruits, a couple of bottles of juices and cupcakes.

 

"When you said lunch, I imagined a restaurant somewhere by the beach."

 

Yuri smiled, "What's the fun in that? Isn't it much better here and we don't have to squeeze in with the beach crowd?"

 

Even though she didn't say it, Tiffany did actually like going out into nature. She didn't have many chances to do it due to the nature of her work and how it kept her busy most of the time.

 

"This is nice. Thank you, Yuri," Tiffany said when they were lying on the picnic cloth on the rock after their satisfying meal.

 

"You're welcome."

 

“We should do something to work off the hearty meal we’ve just eaten,” Tiffany suggested.

 

Yuri looked at her with raised eyebrows.

 

Tiffany stood up, pulled off her shirt and jumped into the water while Yuri watched in surprise.

 

Tiffany reappeared as she broke through the surface of the water. She shook the water out of her face and hair before turning around to face Yuri with a grin.

 

“What are you waiting for?” she teased.

 

Damn.

 

Yuri’s breath hitched at the sight of Tiffany wearing nothing but a black bra and shorts in the water.

 

She grinned in return and stood up to strip off her shirt to head into the water too.

 

She swam towards Tiffany and they gravitated towards each other. Their hands pulled them closer until they were inches apart with Yuri’s hands on Tiffany’s bare waist and Tiffany’s around her neck.

 

“You’re full of surprises.”

 

“Am I?” Tiffany teased.

 

Yuri leaned in to capture her lips and Tiffany reciprocated with a smile, which Yuri felt rather than saw.

 

Tiffany’s hands moved upwards, disappearing into Yuri’s hair and pressed her lips harder against Yuri. She had to stifle a little gasp when she felt Yuri’s warm and soft tongue glide across her bottom lip.

 

Yuri’s hands went to Tiffany’s cheeks and gently changed the angle of their kiss. The intensity was growing with every moment and a moan escaped Tiffany’s mouth, which in turn caused Yuri to shiver.

 

They exchanged more passionate kisses in the water and the cold didn’t bother them until they broke apart. Thankfully, there were no signs of other visitors during that time or they would have gotten a free show.

 

Tiffany smiled into their kiss and gently pushed Yuri apart when she felt her roaming hands heading towards dangerous areas.

 

“Not here, not now.”

 

She grinned teasingly and walked back to land, leaving Yuri to watch her retreating figure.

 

They shivered as they packed up their belongings and headed back to the car.

 

“Sorry, I didn’t think that we would be heading for a swim, so it didn’t cross my mind to bring towels,” Yuri said apologetically, shooting Tiffany a glance as she drove back to the hotel.

 

“Well, to be fair, I didn’t think I was going to swim either.”

 

They sat in comfortable silence during the ride.

 

After returning the keys and picnic basket to the hotel staff, Yuri walked Tiffany back to her room.

 

“I should probably shower and change before I catch a cold or something,” Tiffany said, as she ran her hand through her hair.

 

“Together?” Yuri added mischievously.

 

Tiffany laughed. “You wish.”

 

“What about dinner?” Yuri asked hopefully.

 

Tiffany looked into her eyes and saw the sincerity there.

 

“Sure.”

 

**

 

Tiffany looked at the clothes she laid out on the bed. She had agreed to go to dinner, but she didn’t know if they were heading to somewhere fancy or casual and it wouldn’t do to be overdressed or underdressed. She didn’t have Yuri’s phone number or room number, so she couldn’t ask even if she had wanted to.

 

Eventually, she settled with a simple, black spaghetti strap dress, which hugged her waist and hips and ended above her knee. She picked a silver clutch and mid-heel sandals with silver accents to complete her outfit.

 

She headed down to the hotel lobby a few minutes before seven. She liked to be early and she didn’t want to keep people waiting, be it for such social meetings or with clients at work.

 

It wasn’t long before she spotted Yuri walking towards the lobby from the elevators.

 

Yuri wore a royal blue, halter neck dress with gold heels and Tiffany couldn’t tear her eyes away from her. Yuri walked as if she was modelling on a runway; her hips swaying slightly from side to side and the heels only served to accentuate her form and curves.

 

Tiffany studied her from the beautiful long legs upwards to the flat abdomen (secretly wondering if she has abs) and the hints of muscles on her slender arms. When her gaze flicked upwards to Yuri’s face, she saw that she was caught staring and Yuri smirked at her as she walked confidently towards Tiffany.

 

“Been waiting long?” Yuri asked.

 

“Not at all. Just several minutes.”

 

“You look nice,” Yuri said kindly.

 

“You do too. I didn’t know the dress code for tonight, so I just picked something out of what I brought.”

 

“You’ll do fine. In fact, you’re better than fine.”

 

Tiffany blushed a little.

 

An expensive-looking black sedan pulled up just as they reached the main entrance of the hotel lobby. The chauffeur came down quickly and held open the doors for them.

 

“No jeep tonight?”

 

“Nope. Who drives a jeep to a dinner date?” Yuri winked.

 

“Oh, so this is a date?” Tiffany asked teasingly.

 

“I would certainly think so. Don’t you?”

 

Tiffany hummed in response.

 

**

 

They had dinner at a beautiful Italian restaurant situated on a cliff, facing the sea. They enjoyed the good food, the wonderful company and they talked about their lives and everything else. They finished a bottle of wine and were both feeling a little buzzed, but definitely not drunk.

 

They couldn’t recall the exact moment it happened, but sometime during dinner, their hands reached across the table and held on. It felt natural and they liked how their hands felt against each other.

 

They held hands when they walked away from the restaurant; they held hands in the car while they looked out of the windows and watched the beautiful bay at night; they held hands when they reached the hotel.

 

They craved for more, but they were still cautious, testing the waters.

 

“Well, thank you for the wonderful dinner,” Tiffany said as she turned around to face Yuri.

 

“Well, thank you for being a wonderful dinner companion,” Yuri said, reaching out to hold her other hand.

 

“Just a companion?”

 

“A date? My date,” Yuri said with a smile.

 

“Yes, a date which you insisted on paying for.”

 

“Well, I asked you out on a date, so it’s only right that I pay for it.”

 

Tiffany frowned, but did not wish to linger further on the issue.

 

Her frown turned into a smile when an idea appeared in her mind.

 

“How about I pay you back with drinks?”

 

Yuri raised her eyebrows, “Sure.”

 

“I still have that bottle of whiskey in my room if you’re interested.”

 

“Of course.”

 

**

 

The rest of the night passed by in a blur, especially with the increasing amount of whiskey in their system. Amazingly, they managed to stay relatively sober; maybe just slightly on the tipsy side, but no one went wobbling or tripping on the floor.

 

Heated kisses were exchanged and the temperature in the room increased despite the shedding of the layers of clothes.

 

Unwavering eye contact affirmed their desires for each other and no other words were needed.

 

Many hours later, they collapsed against each other in the comforts of the bed and sleep took over them.

 

**

 

Three months later

 

Yuri’s eyes were trained on the race start indicator. Her hands gripped the steering wheel tightly and her feet were twitching, eager to get the race started.

 

The red lights flickered on, one by one, until all five lights were lit and they turned green.

 

Yuri stepped on the accelerator immediately and shot ahead onto the tarmac of the 5.3km race track. Her team gave instructions to her over the earpiece she wore.

 

Overall, it was expected to be an easy win here as Yuri had been in top form since the racing season started a month ago. She went on to win all four races so far and she hoped she would win the fifth today so that she would be well on her way to winning the championship once again.

 

She drove smoothly and overtook her opponents easily, one at a time. She wasn’t in a rush; she knew that she could win the 20-lap race, but she had to stay focused at all times.

 

She learned that lesson in her previous race when she got momentarily distracted by thoughts of a certain bridesmaid she met several months ago and she almost oversteered into a concrete wall.

 

Life resumed after her little getaway at the island. She travelled to five cities in three months to race and she tried to forget her encounter with Tiffany, but it was proving to be quite difficult.

 

After all, it wasn’t every day that you found someone who felt so right and spent the most wonderful weekend with only to wake up with her gone without a word the following day.

 

It should have been like the rest of her one night stands, but somehow, it wasn’t.

 

She went out to meet new people in every city, but none of them were appealing to her.

 

Because they weren’t her. They weren’t Tiffany.

 

Yuri sighed.

 

Five laps to go.

 

“You are already lapping your competitors, so take it easy and drive smoothly for the rest of the laps and we should be going back with another 25 points today,” the voice of her technical instructor came in from the earpiece.

 

“Understood,” Yuri responded.

 

The rest of the laps went without a hitch and Yuri found herself smiling at the sight of the chequered flag, signaling the end of the race and yet another win for her.

 

She drove slowly and waved to the cheering audience in the stands before cruising to the winner’s parking bay. She parked her car next to the second and third place winners.

 

Yuri got out of the car and was greeted by the thunderous cheers of her supporters as well as her team, who were standing outside of the barricades with huge bottles of champagnes waiting to celebrate.

 

She took off her helmet and shook her hair loose before waving to everyone. She walked over to her team to shake their hands and thanked them for doing a good job with the car yet again. She was pulled into hugs and she laughed happily.

 

Before she could turn around to head to the podiums, she saw a familiar sight.

 

Tiffany.

 

She stopped mid-laugh and she couldn’t believe her eyes. Were her eyes playing tricks on her?

 

Yuri walked towards Tiffany as the latter smiled at her.

 

“Hi,” Yuri said.

 

“Hi,” Tiffany smiled.

 

“What are you doing here?” Yuri asked, still not quite believing the sight in front of her.

 

“I heard that they have a wicked Christmas village here in Bruges and I was wondering if you’ll go with me,” Tiffany asked shyly.

 

“I.. uh…”

 

“YURI, GET ON THE PODIUM!” someone shouted at her.

 

“I-I need to go…”

 

“Go, I’ll be right here,” Tiffany assured.

 

Yuri turned to leave, but stopped and turned back before pulling Tiffany in for a kiss.

 

Yuri grinned and walked towards the podium to collect her trophy amidst the never-ending cheers from the supporters.

 

Then her jubilant team gave her the victory toss and covered everyone in champagne after popping open the bottles.

 

Tiffany watched the celebrations with a proud smile on her face. Yuri wasn’t kidding when she said she was good at racing.

 

And there was something really hot about female racers. Or maybe it was just Yuri. And that moment when she removed her helmet and her hair fell free felt more like a shampoo advertisement than real life.

 

Tiffany had a difficult time in the past months too. She forced herself to concentrate on her work, but her mind was constantly on the beautiful and charming racer she met at her friend’s wedding.

 

It sounded insane, but she fell hard for Yuri in that short period of time and it scared her a lot. She didn’t know if Yuri treated everyone she met in the same manner or if it was just her and she was afraid that she would get hurt if it was the former.

 

So she decided to leave. Maybe they could forget each other and move on as everyone did with one night stands.

 

She thought she could forget Yuri and move on with life.

 

She thought wrong.

 

After she had accepted the fact that Yuri wasn’t going to leave her mind any time soon, she decided to do something about it.

 

Tiffany checked out Yuri’s racing schedule online; it wasn’t that difficult when she was a well-known racer, so Tiffany decided to head to Bruges to meet Yuri after getting some time off from work.

 

**

 

Even throughout the celebrations, Tiffany was constantly on Yuri’s mind and she made her way towards her when she was finally released by her team.

 

“Congratulations!” Tiffany said with a hug.

 

Yuri beamed at her.

 

“Thanks! I heard that the New Year celebrations in Berlin are spectacular. Would you care to go with me?” Yuri asked with a twinkle in her eyes.

 

“Why, Ms. Kwon, are you asking me to go on a date with you from Christmas till New Year?”

 

“Yes, Ms. Hwang, I am. So, what do you say?”

 

“Yes, definitely yes,” Tiffany replied without a doubt.

 

 

End