Muse

Sick (Sequel to Windows)

I grumbled as I made my way to the front door. I opened the door to see a wide smiling  “What?” I asked making his smile drop.

 

“You weren’t answering your phone so I decided to come here...with food.” He said holding a large paper bag. I grabbed his arm, pulling him inside. “So why are you here?”

 

He jumped onto the couch seated in front of me What, can I not visit you anymore?”

 

I shrugged grabbing my sketchbook. “Well considering you’ve been dodging me for the past week, no.”

 

His frown became the bright smile from before. “It was only because I’ve been planning something.”

 

I stared at him skeptically. “Planning what?” I asked flipping past another page.

 

“It’s a surprise and-what are you doing?” He said now kneeling in front of me. I sighed as I looked up at him. “Trying to sketch a portrait for my art class, keyword is trying.”

 

He raised a brow as he glanced at my book. “I didn’t know you were into art.”

 

I shook my head dismissively. “I’m more into photographical arts but I like the idea of not failing my ideal major.”

 

“So what’s the problem?” He asked with a chuckle.

 

I huffed feeling my shoulders slump. “I can’t do it.” I looked up at him as he gripped my shoulders, giving me a light smile.”You’re Hyungwon, you can do anything all you have to do is focus.” I smiled feeling myself become motivated again. He dropped into the couch seat silently. The room stayed silent as I began to draw again. Minutes had passed only making me grow even more frustrated than before. I looked over to see a sleeping Wonho. I stood grabbing a blanket to cover him with. I draped the light blanket over his bulked figure. I stared at him a little longer starting to analyze his features. I noticed the way his cheekbones rose every time a breath came through his nose. I also noticed his nose scrunched with each breath. Or the way his eyes gazed into mine-Oh. I jumped away from him, startled.

 

He sat upright with a light smirk. “If you wanted to use me as a muse you could’ve just asked.”

 

I frowned feeling my cheeks turn a shade of pink. “I do not want you as a…” I trailed with a snap of my fingers. He looked at me slightly confused.  “Stay right there.” I said excitedly as I grabbed my sketchbook. His eyes followed me while the rest of his body complied. I began sketching feeling his gaze still burning into me.

 

“What’re you doing?” I smiled widely looking up at him. “I’m going to draw you.”

 

“So you do want me as a muse.” I contemplated throwing my book at him but decided against it.     We sat in silence as I sketched until Wonho decided to break it.

 

“Um so you know how I said I didn’t know you were into art?” He asked meekly

 

“Mmhm.” I could hear him shuffling around but I ignored it. “Well that wasn’t true.”

 

“Okay, so.” I said beginning to lose focus.

 

So that’s the surprise.” I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. “Your surprise was that you knew I liked art?”

 

He chuckled loudly. “No the surprise was that I have two tickets to Seoul Art Museum and I wanted to know if you would to go with me.” I flipped the book page silently.  “As a date.” He said his voice quieter than before. I stayed silent as I fixed my gaze onto the book. “Hyungwon I’m asking you on-” I leaned over to him, placing a kiss lightly onto his lips.

 

“You know muses are usually quiet.” I said smiling.

 

“So is that a yes?” He asked, excitement filling his voice.

 

I shrugged as I looked up at him. “I’ll tell you when I finish.” I said making him groan as he slumped into his set.