Honey Love; Yoonmin

As Time Goes By [oneshot collection]
 

 

 

The mighty sea of fire ascended into darker twilight, as tendrils of recrudescent flames leaped from its confinement, flickering through the vibrant air. The burning wood crackled and groaned, as it gave life to the raging bonfire, the surface of the tarring firewood lush with ruby ashes that fluttered into the open sky like fireflies. It was an electric night, the packs of wolves surrounding the blazing sea were in celebration; the harsh winter and barren forest that crippled the packs had resigned, giving leeway to the rebirth of spring. Wolves howled in glee, tonight as the warm arms of spring embraced them, the pups were preparing to mature into adults.

There was no other pup more feverish for his becomingness than the prepubescent Park Jimin, who'd been incredibly riled up since four springs ago when he laid eyes upon a black-haired pup alone near the common waterhole. The mellifluous humming of the boy lured him in like a bee to a blooming flower, the words flowing from his lips migrated animatedly through the palpitating air until the world appeared to still, such affluent melodies could no longer be contained. Jimin's eyelids fluttered against the velvet caress of harmonies skimming over his florid skin, engraving themselves in his skin through spirals of ink around his wrist circumference like shackles. Rooting Jimin to the forest ground, in a state of immobility at the fringe of the trees edge, he could not resist allowing his eyes to inspect the lone wolf. The liner was not in his animal form, but rather comfortably lounging in his human state. He couldn't have been a day over fourteen springs old, lean and pale as he was, cheeks fluffy from the pockets of baby fat and a button nose slightly too wide for his face; honey half-mooned eyes framed by thickest lashes. It was later that Jimin uncovered the name of the beauty, his name was Min Yoongi of the neighboring Iberis pack.

Jimin had not been, but fifteen springs old with trifling muscles, a pudgy belly from spring feasts, and chunky squirrel cheeks that absorbed his other facial features. However, that day with the moon goddess as a witness, Jimin laid an unofficial claim on Yoongi. From thenceforth Jimin trained with the matured wolves, enhancing combat skills and tracking techniques until he resembled a fine specimen; medium high stature with solid muscles and attentive eyes, the baby fat in his cheeks receded to reveal a circular face. As the springs progressed, young Yoongi went through a complete transformation, no longer was he the lanky child which Jimin spotted loitering at the waterhole. Younger grew into the fairest of them all. The slenderness of his body evolved into fine elegance, with a hint of bubbling muscles in his arms and legs that flexed with each subtle movement. The younger must've been the son of winter; snowfall accumulated from delicate snowflakes to have made up his pallid skin.

Inspirited by the benignity blanketing the spring festival, Jimin trotted along the outskirts, searching for the one that entrapped his heart. Instinct directed his bare feet to the woodlands before the common waterhole. There, his eyes connected with the sight of a medium-sized wolf, whose luxuriant gray fur glimmered in the moon's reflection. The yellow eyes of the wolf resembled melted gold that had been meticulously crafted into stunning eyes. Just as Jimin dared to exhale in a long, stuttering huff, a smooth voice echoed inside his head.

"It is quite unnerving being observed in such a secretive manner " The voice of Yoongi was deeper and rougher than Jimin had expected, yet undoubtedly soothing to his contracting chest.

"Ah," Jimin began before pausing in contemplation, "My name is Park Jimin and I'm from the Ecru pack."

The head of the wolf nodded in understanding. The frame of Yoongi's wolf trembled and shook, as wolfish attributes evolved into softer human features. Younger stood up, stretching the tense muscles in his back before closing the distance between them.

"I'm certain that you know my name since you've been not so subtlety noting my every movement," He hummed in amusement, head tilting and lips turning into a sly grin.

The infatuated wolf felt a tinge of fire play upon his cheeks and length of his neck, at Yoongi's words. " I—," the flustered boy stuttered, swallowing down the urge to deny Yoongi's statement.

A telling laugh escaped from Yoongi's quirked lips, "Shall we?" The humored wolf asked fingers pointed towards the spring festival.

"After you," Jimin replied, finally gathering his bearings.

Yoongi's thin palm ventured out to encompass Jimin's hand. The swarming butterflies in the mated pair's heart fluttered.

 

 

______________________

This is also published on a yoonmin rec on tumblr

Under the username secondthoughts... that's my ao3 account