Final

Truth & Reality

"Bye."

Baekhyun slammed the door behind him as the car drove off. He slowly went into the school with his usual heavy bag filled with uncountable number of books slung behind him. He groaned with disappointment as he stretched his hand into his side pocket to get his phone. He switched on his phone before connecting to the internet, still walking towards the quadrangle. As soon as he reached his designated area, he slowly placed his bag onto the cold hard ground before dropping his entire body down to the ground. He brushed the bangs that fell slightly at his eyes as he scrolled through Instagram, laughing occasionally at the ridiculous posts that appeared in his feed. Realising a living soul was behind, Jun Myeon turned around before uttering a delightful "yo". Baekhyun grinned before waving and replying back. Almost immediately, words flowed out from Jun Myeon's mouth fluently about the current matters that were happening.

"Have you watched the new episode of the drama?"

"Of course! There's my bae, what are you talking about?"

Words got exchanged between each other within seconds and there was barely breaks in between their chats, as if topics would never run out between them. Sometimes they talked about current affairs, like the world, sometimes they talked about the most random thing one could think of like ants on the ground or how it would be if there was a full class of a certain annoying or weird person, allowing them to burst into laughter at the thought of it. They could talk so much between them that even during classes, Jun Myeon would just turn around to talk with Baekhyun, sometimes alittle too much until they get scolded and maybe even punished.

Soon it was lunch time and both of them were already strolling down the stairs, giggling here and there with arms on the waist and shoulders. They slowly walked to the stores they wanted to get their food from.

"Hey what are you getting?"

"Oh I'm not eating."

"Baekhyun, eat... Stop dieting. You need food."

"No I will not. You can't force me."

Jun Myeon sent a death glare to Baekhyun before rolling his eyes and turning back to the front with arms crossed across his chest and a pout with a frown on his face too. Baekhyun silently laughed to himself, feeling a sense of triumph. He just stood there beside Jun Myeon and despite the slight fringe that was falling over his eyes, he could see the chocolate milk eyes that were filled with sadness. He felt alittle bad but he still was not going to do anything about it. He silently grinned to himself. Soon, Jun Myeon bought some egg sushi before returning to the seats that they had found beforehand. Jun Myeon sat down and silently nibbled onto the fresh crabmeat that was wrapped with rice and seaweed.

"Jun Myeon, are you just going to eat this?"

"Yes of course."

"But it's so little! You need more! Go get a drink or something..."

Jun Myeon stared at Baekhyun with one of his eyebrows lifted. He stared for like afew seconds before returning his gaze onto his food.

"Why don't you eat?"

"I'm fat. I need to diet."

Once again, Jun Myeon rolled his eyes before shaking his head and still proceeding to finish up his sushi. This situation had happened frequently and weeks had passed, making it almost a month. Sometimes, he thought that perhaps food was really better and he should just give into the temptation and just get some food to feed his poor stomach that would always growl at the sight of whatever Jun Myeon was having for break or lunch especially chicken. Baekhyun sighed as he stared at Jun Myeon have the food.

Just like before, Jun Myeon finished his food and began the usual talk session with Baekhyun.

"Did you see the art I've done today? It was so bad I swear to god I'm going to fail."

"Well I mean just like you. Ugly."

Jun Myeon's eyes widened and he was utterly shocked and taken aback. He then took afew seconds before returning to his senses, immediately raising his hand and hitting Baekhyun playfully, causing Baekhyun to laugh and whince slightly in pain.

"You mean ."

This was their relationship. They insulted each other especially Baekhyun. Perhaps Jun Myeon was just too nice to burn Baekhyun with hurtful words.

Then, especially Fridays and Saturdays, or even any day right after school when they had time, they would ask each other out to go to cafes, trying out all different types of coffee and food.

"Baekhyun! Starbucks has released a new drink! Have you try it?"

"Nope! Have you?"

"Nope, hey you want to go together later to get it instead?"

"Omg yes! Let's go! I'll meet you later at 3pm?"

"Can! Goodbye Baekhyun!"

Parted ways, both of them turned to face their respective ways to get back home as fast as possible so that they could prepare for later and reach the mall on time.

Sometimes perhaps their planning for a day's meetup may not have done properly, but impromptu meetings are fun.

"Baekhyun, let's go the dog cafe!"

"Examinations coming though."

Jun Myeon gave a oh not so impressed look.

"Okay fine, examinations shall wait. Let's go!"

They just went with a heart full of excitement and anticipation, mind thinking about how cute the dogs would be as they run around in the pen, looking for potential humans that would be kind and feed them, sometimes even a comfortable place to just lie on the laps of people. Baekhyun smiled to himself at the thought of it.

"Hi sorry currently we are full. If you wish, we will put you on the waiting list and the waiting time is about 30 to 45 minutes, it can be more or less."

"Oh yup sure!"

"Please leave down your number and we'll call you later! Thank you!"

After leaving the number down, they left with a slightly disappointment in their hearts.

"Jun Myeon, what do we do now?"

Before he knew it, Jun Myeon dropped to the ground and quickly take out his phone to play some games. After a moment later, seeing that Baekhyun had not sit down, Jun Myeon stretched his hand and pulled Baekhyun down, causing him to stumble and fall onto the ground with his bottom hitting the ground hard. Baekhyun groaned in pain before positioning himself to watch Jun Myeon play his rhythm game, fingers moving back and forth, right to left in a speed of light, hitting on all the notes that came in the way. Lastly the song ended and Jun Myeon exclaimed excitedly to himself for getting a perfect score. Baekhyun laughed, but alittle too loud and Jun Myeon looked up and pouted as he asked what. Baekhyun just shaked his head with a teasing grin. Jun Myeon pouted but continued to select another song and played.

"You got me gone crazy."

The line caught the attention of Baekhyun as he fixated his eyes on the screen of Jun Myeon's phone. He could see a screen full of notes flying across the screens and disappearing once they came in contact with Jun Myeon's fingers. In the background was his favourite band dancing and his favourite song playing.

"What are you playing?"

Jun Myeon glanced up with sparks glittering in his eyes and a grin that was plastered on his face as he said the name of the game. Thrilled, he began to explain the game in much details. Baekhyun laughed at the sight of an overly excited boy. After a long explanation, Jun Myeon just went back to playing his game.

Not long after, a call came to let them know that there was vacancy in the dog cafe and right after that call, they went into the dog cafe and after some introduction from the staffs, they were now allowed to feed and pet the dogs. Seeing the dogs running everywhere, panting and wagging their tails behind them, Baekhyun grinned.

Baekhyun loved dogs. He never had a dog due to his family objections and He has always been wishing one day he could get one or even just to pet a little dog. He envied Jun Myeon. Jun Myeon had a golden retriever once and had posted millions of pictures on Instagram about his dog. However, dogs do not live long and soon the dog had passed away, leaving Jun Myeon in agony for a period of time. Today was finally the day Baekhyun could pet a dog.

"Waffles!"

The corgi that was newly added, 8 months old, came rushing towards Baekhyun at the sight of treats in Baekhyun's hands. Baekhyun smiled at the sight of how deliciously the puppy took in the food, and opening and closing his mouth afterwards. When Baekhyun turned his vision to Jun Myeon, Jun Myeon already had a dog, named Slinky, on his lap. He was now cooing at the cute sight of Slinky and happiness was all written on his face. Seeing a pair of eyes staring at him, he looked over to Baekhyun's direction with a smile before turning back to admire Slinky.

After some time, when treats were all gobbled down hungrily by the puppies and dogs running around as if they had not been eating for days, Jun Myeon and Baekhyun decided to get a cup of hot chocolate and coffee as they sat by the side. Baekhyun, being the awkward one who was always unable to start a conversation, just sat there as he looked out from the window beside him with bright beautiful sunlight streaming through the window. He sighed as he admired the little fluffy white clouds dotting the sky and occasional black little objects flying across the sky.

"Hey, thinking about Taeyeon?"

Breaking his train of thoughts, Baekhyun whirled his head towards Jun Myeon, only to find a cheeky smile on Jun Myeon's face. Baekhyun stared at Jun Myeon with a look of disbelief and immediately denied. However, after afew questions about Taeyeon, Baekhyun's attention had already been caught and here he was blurting out all his feelings about Taeyeon.

"Do you know how hot she is? Like legit. The chestnut brown hair that flowed down on her beautiful back makes me so mad."

Squeals could soon be heard coming from Jun Myeon as he giggled. Baekhyun could not help but to try cover his blushing red face with his bangs. Fanboying with Jun Myeon was a definite and as much as how Baekhyun screamed about the beauty of Taeyeon to Jun Myeon, there was no judgments made and in fact Jun Myeon joined in with the craze as he fanboyed with him too, commenting how cute Baekhyun and Taeyeon would be together, imagining perfect dates with a little spice of cuteness and hotness, leaving Baekhyun's mind in a mess.

After the time was out, Jun Myeon and Baekhyun took their leave and ventured out into the mall, walking rounds and rounds, not knowing what to do. Time passed in a blink of an eye and soon it was night time. The sun had already went down, leaving the sky in a plain piece of black sheet with only little blinking dots to add some element of light and beauty to the lonely dull black sky. Crickets clicking and birds chirping here and there, adding life to the silent night.

"Hey, shall we go to see the sea? The scenery is really nice there."

Being someone who rarely ventured to places and basically clueless about his very own country despite living for 18 years, Baekhyun just agreed as he followed Jun Myeon to take a train down to that location. When he first reached the place, he was met by a plain vast of still water with lit up buildings across the water illuminating the sky, a clear indication of people still working their guts off despite late through the night.

There's nothing exciting...

Baekhyun pouted as he stared across the sea, hugging his legs close to his body. Just then, he heard music blasting behind. He whirled around only to find an embarrassed Jun Myeon smiling sheepishly and was now fiddling with his phone, trying to reduce the volume of the music. Seeing Jun Myeon's silly sight, Baekhyun had to suppress his laughter but Jun Myeon caught it on quickly and immediately uttered a "what", staring at Baekhyun with droopy eyes. Baekhyun felt slightly bad but ignoring that fact, hearing his favourite song playing got Baekhyun to close his eyes as he hummed softly and danced in his seat. After that, Baekhyun opened his eyes momentarily, only to find Jun Myeon smiling cheekily, eyes barely seen due to the bright grin he had on his face.

"Why don't you just get up and dance? You are already dancing with your arms."

"What? No! I don't want to embarrass myself!"

Jun Myeon said nothing afterwards, before switching to another calmer song. As much as Baekhyun wanted to get up to actually dance, he was afraid the judging looks from the rest of people that was in that area too and he certainly did not want Jun Myeon to be giggling and rolling on the ground due to his inaccurate dance moves that would make him a fool. Baekhyun was now facing the sea as many different things came to his mind, only a blank look displayed on his face.

"Hey thinking about Taeyeon?"

Baekhyun turned his head around, only to spot Jun Myeon grinning cheekily. He got to admit, he was thinking about Taeyeon. Being a bad liar, Baekhyun spoke no word and just blushed but it was hidden due to the darkness.

"When do you like her though?"

Baekhyun began thinking deeply about the reasons why he loved her so much, almost crazy over her.

"I don't actually remember..."

All I remember was that I fell in love with her...

"Wait what so you just fell in love with her suddenly?"

"Well, I mean I remember why I loved her..."

"Why?"

When I first saw her, she was with this really beautiful smile and like I was mesmerised by it almost immediately. She had those really smooth hair that flowed down to her back and I really felt the urge to brush my hand across those hair. Her voice was so sweet and it felt like music to my ears. I totally fell in love with her at this point.

However, for some reason, Baekhyun spoke no word about it and Jun Myeon began to press his questions further.

"Do you like her smile or something? Her voice?"

"Yeah, I do. She looks really pretty when she smiles. Her voice too. Most importantly her hair too."

Embarrassed, Baekhyun looked away from Jun Myeon and stared far into the distant sky.

"Hey! Why don't you confess then? It's been so many months..."

Those word struck him. It was true, why did he not confess to her. He was man, he could and should have confessed to her. However, thinking about it, something was stopping him from doing so but he was not sure what it was.

"I dont know... It isn't the same anymore... The feeling's fading. We don't talk anymore and I don't feel that she likes me..."

Unknowingly, he uttered those words and after knowing what he had just spoken, he was slightly taken aback. Perhaps that was what his heart always felt.

"How does your feeling even fade? Teach me how..."

Baekhyun gave a puzzling look to Jun Myeon and soon Jun Myeon began blurting out that he had a crush too. Baekhyun was curious and somehow he was excited to know but Jun Myeon was not going to tell him straight in his face about it.

"Well, why don't you guess? You can ask three yes-no questions!"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes at Jun Myeon.

Really... Jun Myeon...

"Is the person in clubs & society?"

Bullseye.

Jun Myeon seemed to have been caught off guard. His eyes darted everywhere just not Baekhyun. Fingers fondling and a faint smile could be seen on his face. If his eyes were not playing tricks on him, Baekhyun could almost a shade of red creeping up to Jun Myeon's cheeks.

"Is it Yoona?"

Bullseye again.

The smile on Jun Myeon's face got brighter every second and the shade of red got darker and obvious too. Baekhyun's insides felt alittle different, the feeling of his heart falling hard on the ground. Without his knowledge, his shoulders dropped and the edge of his lips curved down too. Ignoring that feeling, hearing that finally his best friend had a crush, he squealed and giggled excitedly. Jun Myeon did not make any comments but instead, he just leaned onto the nearest metal rails as he stared into the distance.

"Well I wouldn't say I love her... If she asks me out on a date, I wouldn't mind."

Baekhyun felt his heart descend slightly. Yoona was Jun Myeon's deskmate and they talked alot together during lessons, laughing about jokes that no one except them who knew. Baekhyun and Chanyeol, his deskmate, who happened to sit behind both of them always shipped them two together. Hearing that ship came true did not make him any happy, in fact he felt alittle disappointed. Not knowing why so, he still exclaimed with thrill, being happy for his best friend. The talk went late through the night, with music of all genres and chats of all types of things, ranging from the randomest things like "Why does Chanyeol say he's ugly when he's the one attracts all the girls?" or to things that they usually chat about like "Why is life so boring?" Honestly, Baekhyun enjoyed it more than he thought he would at first other than that part where he felt slightly weird and thoughts and feelings that he should not have were filling his mind. Now shortly after a train ride, they had parted ways and went back home.

The moment Baekhyun came back home, he threw his bag onto the ground before jumping onto his bed and stared at the ceiling while lying down. He lied there for a moment as thoughts ran through his mind. Memories and moments of Jun Myeon flashed through his mind.

"Baekhyun ah, the new song's out!"

Baekhyun widened his eyes and tilted his head in confusion. Jun Myeon immediately shifted himself right beside him before passing Baekhyun one side of the earpiece. Without knowing anything, Baekhyun placed the earpiece into his right ear as Jun Myeon clicked the "play" button on the screen of his phone. The newly released song by his favourite band was playing. Baekhyun grinned at the video.

"Nice right?"

Baekhyun whirled around to face Jun Myeon, only to freeze there at the sudden closeness he was with Jun Myeon who was smiling while still facing the screen.

Thinking about that, Baekhyun could feel his heart beating slightly faster and a smile crept to his lips.

"Baekhyun ah, you must eat!"

"But I'm dieting. I can't..."

"You should eat. You need to eat."

Jun Myeon began poking Baekhyun repeatedly, pouting slightly too.

Remembering that moment, Baekhyun smiled. He got to admit Jun Myeon was just too cute when he did that. He felt his heart jumped slightly everytime he see Jun Myeon pouting and sometimes even cute little actions that he does unknowingly when he whined. Honestly, thinking about a caring Jun Myeon made Baekhyun smiled even more. Just then, Baekhyun came back to his senses. He bit his lips, attempting to stop smiling.

Why am I feeling like this? Do I... Do I like him or something?

Thinking about that, Baekhyun could feel his cheeks getting slightly warmer and he shaked his head, trying to get the thoughts out of his head.

Nope. I don't like him. I treat him as a brother. He's just my brother.

Baekhyun nodded his head as he lifted himself off the bed and went to get change for the night before going to bed.

Soon later, Jun Myeon had asked Baekhyun if he wanted to go for a study date. As much as he knew he would not concentrate, his heart had decided to answer for him and here he was out with Jun Myeon, making their way to Starbucks. After getting a drink of their own choice and preference, they settled down on the nearest vacant seats as they slowly took out their notes and textbooks to study for the upcoming examinations. To his surprise, they did study with occasional jokes cracked in between but overall, they still managed to complete some studying notes which Baekhyun felt really proud about it. Time passed really quickly and evening came almost immediately, a sign for them to get home soon.

"I'll be walking home later but the problem is I'm not quite sure how to get back home."

Before Baekhyun knew, words were being uttered out.

"Erm I can walk back with you to school then you'll know your way back!"

Baekhyun had said it alittle too excitedly. After realising that, Baekhyun turned his head away as he bit his lips, hoping Jun Myeon would not stare at him with a weird look.

"Sure but are you serious? You're just going to walk me back and walk back again?"

Baekhyun scratched the back of his head as he sheepishly smiled and nodded his head.

"I could tell my mum that I exercised."

For some reason, that got Jun Myeon bursting into laughter and even though he knew no reason why Jun Myeon was like this, Baekhyun could not help but to smile too. The walk back was quite silent and Baekhyun did not know what to say. Topics came to his mind but worries chased them away almost immediately. Baekhyun opened his mouth, wanting to start a topic but nothing came out from his mouth so he closed it again and looked afar as he continued to walk side by side with Jun Myeon who was also walking forward with a blank look.

"You know the walk is really long right, are you sure?"

Finally Baekhyun spoke. With no words exchanged, Jun Myeon just turned to Baekhyun's direction and nodded his head before facing the front again. Baekhyun awkwardly stared at his feet as he pushed his bottom lip out. He wanted to just break the silence but he was afraid the topics were bad and boring that Jun Myeon would find it annoying. He bit his lips as he racked his brains for more ideas but not long after when they reached the junction, Jun Myeon suddenly voiced out.

"Hey I think I kind of know the way back already, if you want you can just leave me here."

Hearing that, disappointment overwhelmed Baekhyun. Not wanting to be weird or anything, Baekhyun laughed dryly as he bade farewell to Jun Myeon who crossed the road when the light flashed for pedestrians to cross. With his head hung slightly lower than usual, Baekhyun sighed as he walked back home.

Baekhyun realised something. He had fallen for Jun Myeon. Baekhyun screamed into his pillow.

I shouldn't be liking him. He's my best friend. He's my brother. Nothing more.

Baekhyun tried to convince himself but the moment he stared into space, images of Jun Myeon appeared in his mind- Jun Myeon smiling, Jun Myeon's voice, Jun Myeon's actions and many more. He was going insane. He was going mad. However, he knew it very well. He loved Jun Myeon. However, worries clouded his mind.

I'm a horrible person. I'm ugly. I'm awkward. I'm stupid. Why would he like me?

Baekhyun jumped off his bed as he paced himself back and forth in his room as he pulled his hair multiple times. Baekhyun sighed occasionally.

No I cannot be gay. I'm straight. I'm straighter than the ruler.

Thoughts of his parents and how society would judge him sent shivers down his spine.

"Baek ah, don't date now okay? You can't be dating a girl now, you need to focus on your studies."

"Baek ah, next time don't attend those gay lesbian whatever thing okay? It's disgusting."

Thinking of those, Baekhyun screamed with pain. He hated how his life was. He was frightened of the truth. Afraid of the reality. He did not want to experience the endless horrible judgments from friends and the public. He did not want to feel the disappointment from his parents. However thinking of all these was making him stress and it was almost he could hear his parents screaming in disappointment and anger at him if they knew. Hot stinging tears had unknowingly rolled down his face as Baekhyun bit his lips and stared into his space again. He was extremely troubled.

Just then, a phone call came and Baekhyun picked it up.

"Hey erm Baekhyun, can we meet at J cafe? The one near our school?"

Baekhyun had agreed to it even though Baekhyun still could not believe it. Baekhyun dashed out in a hurry, grabbing his bag before rushing to J cafe. He took a seat by the window as he waited for the person's arrival. Just then, the door swung open as a lady clad in a black tight fit clothes that showed her prominent curves and black killer shoes with a exorbitant clutch bag in her slender and delicate hands stepped into the cafe with an impactful aura.

"Taeyeon!"

The lady shifted her attention towards the sound. Seeing the person she was meeting, she smiled slightly before heading towards Baekhyun. She calmly took a seat in front of Baekhyun as she placed her clutch bag on her lap and looked up to Baekhyun. Seeing her up close now, Baekhyun felt shivers running down his back. Taeyeon's eyes were really beautiful, eyes sparkling. Her skin was smooth and there were barely any blemishes on her fair skin. Her nose was just like Baekhyun, a cute button one and her lips were now curved slightly upwards. She was beyond beautiful. She felt like a goddness, like an angel sent from heaven.

"Hi Baekhyun."

"Erm hi Taeyeon."

Silence took over for a moment with both of them avoiding gazes, looking high and low and just not at each other. Then, Baekhyun cleared his throat and he mustered his courage to look into Taeyeon's eyes before speaking up.

"So why did you ask me out here?"

If Baekhyun was not wrong, he could almost see a red tomato in front him.

"I-I..."

Taeyeon was fiddling with her fingers, head still hung low and her hair flowing slightly over her shoulders. She was biting her bottom lip as she played with the ends of her hair.

"I love you."

The three words hit Baekhyun hard. He froze in his seat with eyes widening in astonishment and his jaw dropped slightly. He could not believe his ears.

Is this a joke?

"I really love you and I heard that you have a crush on me, so..."

Baekhyun still could not comprehend the situation right in front of him. Taeyeon already had her hands covering half of her face in embarrassment, even though it still did not cover the shade of pink her entire face was in. She tried to press her fringe as flat as possible, attempting really hard to cover her embarrassed face but to no avail. Time had not froze but they stayed for quite a while, no movement in between them.

Then, Taeyeon took the first brave step. She stood up slightly as she inched forward towards Baekhyun, lips slightly parted. Her flowery perfume grew stronger every second as her face grew closer. Baekhyun could see her lips getting closer to his, her eyes lightly closed. Just before their lips touched each other, Baekhyun held onto Taeyeon shoulders, stopping her from getting any closer. Taeyeon opened her eyes in confusion.

"Erm I need to go. Sorry."

Baekhyun grabbed his bag before leaving the cafe in a flash. Taeyeon fell back into the seat, puzzled and hurt, as if her soul just left her. She sat there as she felt her tears rolled down her cheeks.

"You told me he'll accept me. You told me..."

Baekhyun quickly shut the door behind him as he hurled himself onto his bed, not caring if his shoes were still on. As usual, he stared at the ceiling above him as his mind drifted off to think about the events earlier.

Right at the moment before Taeyeon almost kissed Baekhyun, the image of Jun Myeon flashed through his mind momentarily and it was as if he would let Jun Myeon down if he had allowed Taeyeon to place her lips onto his.

"Why..."

Baekhyun should be happy. Baekhyun should be glad that finally he had the chance to get together with his crush. Baekhyun should be delighted but he wasn't. In fact, he felt nothing. It was true his heart still skipped when he saw her but kissing her felt wrong. It felt weird. It just did not feel that he should be doing this. It was as if his feelings for Taeyeon was not there anymore. Just then, a "beep" sound came from his laptop.

I must have forgotten to switch off my laptop earlier...

Baekhyun wearily dragged his feet to his laptop and it was almost immediately his face brightened up slightly. There was a message from Jun Myeon.

Bunny101: Baekhyunnnn how's your day? 🌚

Byunnmyeongie: Uh it's okay??

Bunny101: eh didn't you meet Taeyeon? Are you back home now...? 😮

Byunnmyeongie: yea...?

Bunny101: what??? 😱

Byunnmyeongie: wait a moment how did you even know... O_o

Byunnmyeongie: are you the one who did this arrangement???

There was a break before Jun Myeon began typing.

Bunny101: .....yes?

Baekhyun felt his head hit the table. He slammed his laptop down as he threw himself onto his bed and hid under the blankets available on his bed.

If there was something that he was certain, it would be that he was definitely in love with Jun Myeon. His heart raced everytime he saw Jun Myeon. Every moment now and then whenever he was not focusing particularly on anything, he would always think about Jun Myeon. Now to think of it, he always had some thoughts that was obviously something beyond friends. Sometimes he would think of pickup lines when he see Jun Myeon. Sometimes he would think of how much he wanted Jun Myeon close to him. Maybe even a back hug. Or a peck on his cheeks. When Jun Myeon was whining about the cold, Baekhyun wished so hard he could just pull Jun Myeon's hands into his. When he feels Jun Myeon's cold chilly fingers, his heart broke alittle. Sometimes seeing that Jun Myeon was skipping his meals, Baekhyun could not help but to worry about Jun Myeon.

What if he gets gastric pain? What if he faints afterwards? What if...

Every movement of Jun Myeon makes Baekhyun fall deeper in love with him. The way Jun Myeon smiles. The way Jun Myeon speaks. The way Jun Myeon walks. All of them were exploding with confidence and beauty. But for Baekhyun, he was just a little boy who was interested in randomest and weirdest things. He had no confidence in him. He had no courage in him. All he could do was to watch Jun Myeon silently by his side.

He loved Jun Myeon now. Perhaps he loved him long ago but he never realised it. His heart may have gone to Jun Myeon long time ago but he has always been going on about Taeyeon. Maybe he liked Taeyeon last time but definitely not now. Or maybe he never liked Taeyeon but instead he just loved the time he spent going crazy with Jun Myeon about Taeyeon. He hated this. He felt the urge to just tell Jun Myeon all about these but many thoughts came to his mind, making him halt in his spot.

He wouldn't love me... He's so hot. He's so handsome. Many other people who are way better than me love him. He will always choose them. Anyone else and just not me...

Baekhyun was afraid that Jun Myeon would not like him. He was more frightened that Jun Myeon would hate him or avoid him if he had told him all of these. He needed Jun Myeon. As much as he wanted to just confess all of these to Jun Myeon, he could not bear to face the consequences afterwards. If he can't be with Jun Myeon, he still wanted their friendship. At least he could still be with Jun Myeon's side. At least he could make Jun Myeon happy with his stupid jokes. Baekhyun cried as he yanked his pillows and blankets off and threw them onto the ground.

Baekhyun did not go school for the next few days. Jun Myeon was worried. He thought maybe Baekhyun was sick and did not come to school but whenever Jun Myeon sent a message to Baekhyun, it was never delivered but never there was a reply to them. Worries overwhelmed Jun Myeon greatly and he could barely concentrate for lessons, thinking about Baekhyun's well being.

After school, Jun Myeon grabbed his bag, forgetting about all his school books and things, before running towards Baekhyun's house. He rang the doorbell frantically and soon he was greeted by Baekhyun's mother.

"Oh Jun Myeon! What brings you here?"

"Is Baekhyun in?"

"He's in his room for many days... I don't think-"

"Can I please enter?"

"Uh yup sure!"

Without Baekhyun's mother grand welcome, Jun Myeon pushed the door wide open before letting himself in, rushing straight to Baekhyun's room. He knocked afew times on the door, introducing himself but there was no reply and with his great hearing skills, Jun Myeon could almost hear some cries and sniffs in the room, sending panics running down Jun Myeon's body. As if she could read his mind, Baekhyun's mother brought the key to Baekhyun's room to Jun Myeon and without a second word, Jun Myeon quickly unlocked the room.

"Baekhyun!"

Jun Myeon pounced onto Baekhyun with a tight warm embrace, arms wrapping around Baekhyun petite body. Tears of happiness and relief began streaming down Jun Myeon's face.

"I'm glad you're alright... Why did you do this..."

However, Baekhyun gave no response. He just gently broke the embrace as he pushed Jun Myeon away. Baekhyun made no eye contact with Jun Myeon as he lay his face just by the windows as he stared to admire the orange pink yellow ombre sky. He smiled at the beautiful scene right in front of his eyes as he sighed. Jun Myeon could not comprehend anything but still he followed Baekhyun and did the same too but instead of looking at the sunset, he kept his gaze locked onto Baekhyun, observing his every movement. Silence took over the chilly air with only birds chirping and crickets clicking until Baekhyun broke it.

"You know... Sometimes I hate the truth... I hate the reality... I hate them so much I'm scared of them."

Puzzled, Jun Myeon tilted his head. You could almost see question marks all over.

"What if things aren't what you thought they were? What if I have always loved someone else? What if... I have always loved you?"

By then, Baekhyun had shifted his vision to Jun Myeon with loving yet eyes filled with fear. Upon hearing that, Jun Myeon was taken aback. The words kept on repeating his mind but none was absorbed and Jun Myeon just could not understand what was displayed right in front of him. Seeing Jun Myeon's reaction, embarrassment took over Baekhyun shortly. Baekhyun bit his bottom lip as he ruffled his hair awkwardly before turning away.

"Erm I'm sorry... I'm just joking..."

Baekhyun was about to climb down from his bed before he was stopped by a grip on his wrist. Jun Myeon pulled Baekhyun back with both of his hands cupping Baekhyun's cheeks and Jun Myeon slowly placed his lips onto Baekhyun's. It was a sweet kiss that sent sparks all over Baekhyun's body. An innocent yet loving kiss that made his heart flutter and there was butterflies in his stomach. Then, they broke the kiss for each to catch their breath, Baekhyun still in a daze.

"Well then, I'll love the truth and the reality."

Author's Note:

Heyheyhey (mama) XD I'm back teehee :3 For this I really spent quite long on this fanfic HAHA like many days >.< Hopefully yall will like this tho >< This was basically written after I was hella obessed with this subaek ff :> some xmas ff that my fren intro-ed to me HAHAHA damn fluffy <3 Now I'm in love with SUBAEKKKK :D Again, such a underrated pairing honestly T_T ok bye i need to go :P It's like 10.15pm SGT oooops x.x BTW CONTINUE VOTING FOR EXO IN MAMA !!! BUY MORE CBX ALBUMS TOO // STREAM EXO CBX HEY MAMA MV // PURCHASE THEIR SONGS IN ITUNES , GENIE AND ETC. <3 EXO-Ls LET'S DO THIS YE ? ^w^ oh and yes, i may post a special chapter for this ;)

P.S. This is also available in wattpad :) hoho i reedited my author's note x3