Chapter 2

Fall, Wake Up, Fall Again

    The clock could never have moved any slower as I glanced at it for what seemed to be at least the hundredth time.

    “CHINWE. The clock nor the bell dismisses you. I do, now pay attention or there will be consequences.”, Professor Shim blared as he stared me down.

    Keeping my attitude in check and my head down (so I could roll my eyes) I nodded to let him know I heard. He turned back to the black board with a smug smile and continued to drone on about rotational kinematics and vector quantities. I really should study but Ill do that later (no I won’t).

    Something nudged my elbow and soon a note was placed on my lap.

(Bolded words are Jongin from the note. Italicized bolded are Chinwe)
    What plans do you have that you're practically jumping out of your seat?
    

    Nothing! Nowhere. I just really hate this class thats all. Plus I need some coffee if Im going to survive the rest of the day.

    Well I had mine so I'm good. I mean, thats all that matters. Me.

    I turned my head slightly to look at Jongin with an incredulous confusion and saw that he was looking straight forward at Professor Shim but I knew he was gauging my reaction from the slight smirk that graced his pink lips. I thought having a friend like me would be great, boy was I wrong. Jongin is far too much like me. He’s headstrong and stubborn as well as snarky and sarcastic. I still love him but right now… not so much.

    Finally the sound that put me out of my misery. The bell. I forced myself to stay glued to my seat as Professor Shim looked around the room slowly before finally giving us the go ahead to leave. As soon as the words left his mouth I sprinted out of the class, Jongin right behind me.

    My feet carried me towards the double doors leading to the second division of the college. I wanted to drop my stuff of in my locker before leaving. Dance was next so I needed to go back home and get my gear. Jongin and I shared only a couple classes, so he had dance later in the week. Normally my dance class was in the evening but the instructor had something to do so she asked the class if she could move the class to the afternoon and combine it with her other afternoon class. There wasn’t a problem, I mean, as long as I got to dance I was chill with anything. Hopefully the guys there will actually be cute.

    After dropping my stuff off in class I motioned to Jongin that I was leaving. He answered back with a look of confusion on his face before his boyfriend, Sehun, came from behind and back-hugged him, pushing any thoughts of me right out the window. Its nice to know that someone cares about me.

    With a slight shrug and an internal squeal because they were so cute, I made my way out the doors and into the slightly chilly autumn air. My dance class wasn’t for another two hours so I took my time to walk. I like autumn. Its my favorite season. Not to cold and not to hot. Nature’s miniature paintings wafted to the floor, littering the street in a mass array of gold, orange, and red. It was literally like a painting or a picture and I loved it. I should have grabbed a thicker jacket but I didn't have time to as I was rushing out of the apartment. It was okay though since I didn’t live that far from campus.
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

    After grabbing what I needed to and brewing a nice hot cup of cocoa ( I didn’t feel like coffee anymore) I made my way back to the university campus, with a better coat. My feet were cold though since I just decided to wear my dancing outfit and then bring some clothes to change into so I could have more time to do nothing and just laze around until class started, but I wanted to get there early and just dance.

    When I reached the dance studio I could already hear the ground shaking bass of whatever song was being played. Who would be here besides me? Class doesn't start for another 45 minutes.

    I didn't want to intrude on the person so I just look though the class window of the door to see a blonde haired boy popping and krumping to the fast paced music that blasted through the walls. He looked like he was having fun… so I opened the door and stepped in.