Chapter 1

Fall, Wake Up, Fall Again

“DAMN IT!”. I yelled as I lunged out of bed. It would be the 3rd time this week!

    My body moved on its own, as if used to this seeming routine of lateness. My teacher is going to kill me. Why cant I wake up early and refreshed like all the girls you see in the dramas?

    My body raced against time while my mind was still trying to find its way out of the murky waters of sleep and alcohol (What? Im 19. I can drink, but it doesn’t mean I can hold my liquor…).

    My room was a pigsty. Clothes flung about, some hanging casually on my fan. Shoes and bras littered the couch and accessories crowed my oak wood dresser. The only place that was free of clutter and mess was the kitchen, only because my food was there. But other than that everywhere was a giant pile of everything.

    Not having time for a shower I grabbed my to-go pack of wipes and cleaned myself up as best as I could, slathering on some Gillette Men’s Deodorant because women’s deodorant was too flowery and no one noticed so why not? A few spritz of perfume couldn't hurt either. With one foot in my pair of black leggings and the other foot trailing about pathetically, I made my way to the bathroom. Just before I brought to paste covered toothbrush to my mouth my phone rang.

If they say they don't know me then you know they lying
nae sigyen rolli man wanbyeokhan taimin–– (Put Em Up - Jay Park and Hoody)

    “Yah Chinwe where the are you? The professor will be here literally any minute and you can’t afford another detention!” A far too familiar voice screamed at me from the phone.

    Stuffing the toothbrush in my mouth and keeping it to the side I muffled out a reply.
    “Oppa you know Im rushing right now so why the would you call me?! I already know Im late and you calling isn't helping me at all!”

    “Im Chinwe you better not be talking to me with that tone of voice. Hurry your up. Ill try to distract Professor Shim but if your isn’t here in 5 minutes then you're on your own.”

    I was about to retaliate with a snarky comment but Jongin had already hung up. That son of a . With a record breaking brushing of teeth and successfully having dressed myself in black leggings, a long grey boyfriend t shirt and white jays I grabbed my keys and hauled . Of course it would have been faster with a car but, I didn't own one so my own stamina and strength would have to find someway to get me to the university campus 10 minutes away from my studio apartment in 5 minutes. 4 minutes now. Im ed.

    If they say they don't know me then you know they lying
nae sigyen rolli man wanbyeokhan taimin–– (Put Em Up - Jay Park and Hoody)
    I picked up the phone, already knowing who would be on the other end of the line, not even bothering to say hello because he was going to rant anyway.

    “ ChiChi I told you to hurry your up! You have 2 minutes to get here! I can see Prof Shim outside the building and he ain’t looking to happy right now. You know he hates you so you shoulda actually put in some effort into getting here on time instead of drinking till midnight on a ing school night. You dumb . How the hell are we friends? You know I ––“.

    I hung up. He’s gonna give me hell for that but there was no way I could talk and run at the same time. Well I could but i jut didn’t want to. Despite his ing I knew he would be racing downstairs to distract Professor Shim for me… Again.

    My heart pounded heavily against my chest and my legs burned but there was no way I could stop now with the college doors literally five feet way from me. One flight of stairs later I burst into the classroom, heads turning with amusement. This is a regular everyday occurrence, so no one was surprised. As soon as my kissed the face of the chair I heard the click of the door and then the thinning hair of Professor Shim was sighted. Jongin slipped in a few seconds later, making his way towards his seat in the back right next to mine before graciously sliding into it, unlike what I had done.

    Professor Shim looked to the back, a smirk on his face which soon disappeared as me spotted me sitting in my seat, just barely being able to control my breathing. He begrudgingly called out roll, spitting out my name with malice. I answered to the call of my name with a conceited here before flashing Prof Shim the fakest of smiles I could manage.

    This was a wonderful start to a terrible day (note the sarcasm.).