CHAPTER 03

The Last Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER THREE

Wooseok carried Jieun’s weakened body in his arms and back to Gayoon’s car that he had borrowed. It was true that he had no supreme power from his werewolf side, but the fact that he could find Jieun was a great wonder. He just had a feeling that his mother was in danger. He always had the intuition of knowing when his mother was not in a great shape, but none was as great as he had earlier.

Kris, Victoria and Han were already standing and waiting in front of the Crescent Manor as Wooseok pulled the car to a stop. The tall boy then got his mother’s body out of the SUV, purposely disregard the sight of his new family members.

“Wooseok—“ Han called his nephew’s name for the first time.

Although he didn’t turn around to look at the caller, Wooseok slowed down his pace. Right then, as if they were being expected, the house entrance was swung opened by Changgu. Most of the pack members were also seen standing along the entrance hallway. Turned out, Wooseok wasn’t the only one who had a bad feeling over Jieun’s inviolability.

Jieun Song was their priority after all.

“Let us help.” Han had said.

Wooseok turned around, looking at Han, Victoria and then Kris. “He was going to kill my mother.” His voice was deep in enraged. By he, everyone knew that he had meant Kris.

Kris was about to say something but he closed his mouth again. Wooseok was not as how he had imagined. Somehow, his seventeen year old son reminded him of him; so much that even if Jieun hadn’t said anything, he would have figured that Wooseok was a part of him.

“Then, let me help.” Victoria took her turn. “I can do magic too. And she’s dying...” She begged her nephew. It would have been obvious of how ecstatic Victoria was upon knowing that she had a nephew, if it hadn’t been overshadowed by Kris’ temper. Victoria had long given up on hoping that someday she could have a family of her own, since she couldn’t possibly procreate.

Wooseok looked at his uncle Hongseok, and gave him a subtle nod.

“You can come in.” Hongseok said to Victoria. He was the sub-owner of the manor and without Jieun or his permission, no vampires would have been allowed to enter their residence.

Hongseok then gave Kris and Han a long stare, before nodding his head to both of them, inviting them too into their house.

Wooseok carefully laid his mother onto the carpet. He had his reason as to why his mother was placed on the floor. The rest of the pack members surrounded them, couldn’t help but feeling greatly scared upon seeing their Alpha’s weakened body.

“Imo, get me some chamomile, salt and herbs, please.”

Imo was a nickname given for Gayoon by Wooseok. In Korean, it would have meant aunt from his maternal side and despite not being biological, he would forever see her as his own aunt.

“She’s trembling…” Hongseok anxiously muttered, as he held his sister’s hand. He knew that he would lose his sister to the witches someday, but he just wished he wasn’t so useless.

Gayoon went to the kitchen and fetched the ingredients as requested by Wooseok.

“Which Spells are you thinking of?” Victoria asked Wooseok.

“Revival.”

Victoria nodded her head and instantly knelt down next to her nephew. Victoria applied the poultice of chamomile on top of Jieun’s forehead, and Wooseok poured some salt around Jieun’s body. Victoria then sprinkled the crushed herbs on Jieun before they began to chant the Revival Spell.

 

♛♛♛♛♛

 

Jieun woke up, startled by the static and piercing sound that was buzzing inside her head. She looked around and realised that she was in her manor house, but there was no one around. Right there and then, the same coldness from before had once again engulfed her body.

“Wooseok?” She called her son out. “Hongseok—guys?”

But no one had answered her.

Then she remembered the vile cough that she had had earlier. Her breath hitched. Am I dead? She couldn’t help thinking.

“Gayoo—“

“They can’t hear you.” A sudden voice sounded from behind the wall. Makaila, the dark witch that had killed her almost eighteen years ago was walking through the hallway, inside her house.

“I’m in hell, aren’t I?” Jieun asked, not at all feared by Makaila’s appearance.

Makaila laughed maniacally. “Hell?” She spouted as she put on a serious face yet again. “I guess you could say that. This has been my Hell for the past seventeen years! And it’s all your fault!” Bellowed Makaila. She calmed herself down and smiled. “I knew my sister could do it. She finally managed to create a spell that could put you in here. So we can finally end your son’s life with no interference.”

Jieun shook her head. “No. You are not touching my son again!” She was appalled. “No one is touching my Wooseok.” She sternly pronounced as the colour of her eyes changed to red with a hint of golden yellow, her fangs made their way out, and she dashed towards Makaila.

 

♛♛♛♛♛

 

 “Coeur blessé, battre avec mwen…”

Victoria and Wooseok kept chanting, but no one could hear Jieun’s heartbeat ever since it had stopped beating five minutes ago.

Frustrated, Wooseok stopped chanting and made his way to the kitchen. Few seconds later, he came back with a knife in his hand. He slit his palm and drew his blood to Jieun’s lips.

Han looked away; the smell of Wooseok’s blood was so pure yet he could feel the superiority running through i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter