CHAPTER 01

The Last Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER ONE

Lake District, England.

The Crescent Moon Clan had long been settled in Lake District, England. With what had been left for Jieun Song and Hongseok Song by their late parents, they had bought a large estate in a little town called Eden Valley. The twelve members had been living in a manor house of fifteen bedrooms, nestling in the middle of farm acres. The place was simply chosen for its wide ranging landscapes and rural setting, so at full moon, they could form into their wolves and take a run between the hills or have a stroll along the river.

Despite being a woman and a single mother, Jieun was the best leader a wolf pack could have. She had been taking care of the eleven members including her seventeen year old son for the past nineteen years, since her parents were killed in a war between their clan and a group of vampires. Ever since then, all of her pack members had been shape-shifting to protect themselves—which explained why they barely looked like they had aged. Not that it would make any sense to humans, so every five years, Jieun would have to compel the whole town to make it looked like they were all newcomers yet again. Thus, the longest the residents would know them would always be five years.   

“Mum, can you make me some kimchi pancakes, please?” Wooseok Song asked his mother as soon as he saw her in the kitchen.

Jieun was making breakfast with her one and only female companion, Gayoon Heo. Most of the times, Jieun was thankful that she wasn’t the only woman in the household. Gayoon was her only best friend, whom she had known since she was two weeks old, and had been sticking up with her through her best and worst.

Jieun glanced up to her giant teenage son’s face, who was smiling at her cutely. It was funny how she was the one that had gone through all the trouble to get her son into the world, yet he looked almost nothing like her. There was not a day where she would look at her son and not think of Kris—whom also known as Kris Wu to the supernatural world—the infamous original hybrid. The moment she was told by the witches that she was pregnant, she couldn’t make herself to believe (though she was sure) that Kris was the father. The moment she was told that it was possible for Kris to procreate due to his werewolf gene, she wished she had known about it before she had jumped into the bed with the man. She was famous for her headstrong personality, but that night, she was completely possessed by him. Up to this day, she still wasn’t exactly sure how did that night happened.

Wooseok Song resembled Kris almost to the fullest of the hybrid’s appearance. The only thing that he had of Jieun was her lips, and possibly, her manners. Wooseok’s tallness was taken after his father too; Jieun could only reach up to their shoulders, even with her fancy heels.

“Get the kimchi from the fridge.” She had said, and the boy obeyed her. Despite being raised in England, Wooseok couldn’t live without kimchi. He was also an avid lover of spicy foods.

“Hmm smells so good.” Expressed Hwitaek Lee whom also known as Hui, had also entered the kitchen, followed by the rest of the boys. “What are you two amazing women cooking?”

“Guys, I know you are all very hungry but we are not done cooking yet.” Gayoon voiced out. “So, please…” She shooed them out of the kitchen.

The boys groaned as they made their way back to the living hall. It was definitely not easy to cook for ten males, who each had an appetite of a beast. Literally.

 

♛♛♛♛♛

 

London, England.

Kris Wu calmly walked through the crowd, even after he sensed that he was being followed. It was nothing new to him. He had troubles all the time. He had been living in this world for several centuries, and so he thought that his life without enemies would be boring. He lured the other person into an alleyway and in a flash, he was standing in front of his stalker.

His hand gripped around the stranger’s neck, who turned out to be a woman in her early forties. His eyebrows knitted for a second as he studied her visual.

“Have we met before?” His deep voice asked her out of a plain curiosity.

The woman nodded her head. “You bought Vervain from me few days ago.” Her voice was hoarse, as she tried to speak.

“Ah. You’re that witch.” He simply uttered. “Then may I ask, why are you following me?”

She purposely coughed and Kris finally let go of her neck and stared down at her, waiting for some answer.

“I have a very important news that you might want to hear.” She began.

“Well, I’d love to hear it now, please.” He sarcastically joked.

“Before that, I need some of your blood.” She carefully said. “My son got bitten by a werewolf. And your blood is the only thing that can cure him.”

“How exactly should I believe you that the news would be any benefits for me—if it’s great enough for me to give you my blood?”

The woman flaunted a half smile. “Would you believe me if I said I’m risking my life just to tell you the news?”

The two of them had a long stare, trying to believe and convince one another. Kris couldn’t read her mind as she had blocked it beforehand. He gave up and agreed to heal her son.

“It’d better be worth it. I don’t feel like killing anyone today.” He whispered to himself, annoyed.

 

♛♛♛♛♛

 

Jieun looked at the calendar. After all these years, it had come up to only two months until Wooseok turned eighteen. She wasn’t ready to leave him, she would never be ready, but she had made a promise with the Ascendants. Due to a desperate need of protection for her baby, Jieun had promised that she would give her life up once her son had come of age. Although the plight was made a long, long time ago, there was not a day where she didn’t shrink from the thought. To dismiss it would probably be a huge mistake and she wouldn’t risk anything. Though Wooseok didn’t grow up to be evil like the dark witches had predicted, Jieun dreaded the day he would trigger his werewolf gene, or worst, vampire gene. Up until now, the only activated gene he had within himself was from his paternal grandmother—who was a witch. While to trigger his werewolf gene would cause by him killing a human, the day he triggered his vampire gene would be the day he died. Even though her son was destined to be an immortal, Jieun had never wanted him to bequeath her agony. Or Kris’.

“Mum, why can’t I do things like you, or Samchon, or everyone else?” A seven year old Wooseok asked Jieun.

Jieun sat next to her son and smiled at him. “You can’t because you’re far more special than all of us.” Jieun replied.

“But I am still a werewolf, right?”

“Well, remember that time when I thought you were eavesdropping on my conversation with Imo, were you really eavesdropping or you couldn’t help yourself?”

Wooseok eyes instantly widened as if he was being caught all over again. “I really couldn’t stop myself from listening!”

Jieun smiled. “Then, the other day when you fight with Kino. Who’d won?”

“Me! Because Samchon said I was stronger!”

“Well then my baby, you are a werewolf, alright.” Jieun kissed her little one’s forehead. “But don’t tell anyone. No one wants to be friend with people who boast about themselves.”

“I won’t.” Wooseok shook his head innocently.

As time passed and when the time was right, Jieun eventually had to tell her son about his identity, and the things that he could be able to do. Though she hadn’t explained everything, Wooseok was already content as he was. As much as he too didn’t want to be left out and enjoyed the pack in his werewolf form, he didn’t want to kill anyone.

The Ascendants did say that they would spare him if he didn’t turn out to be evil. Jieun just needed to be sure that he had himself grounded to goodness. Then she would finally be able to leave him to his father. Even though Kris would probably be the last person she would trust for Wooseok to be forever grounded to goodness, she had no choice. At least he would keep their son safe, or so Jieun could hope. And besides, she did owe him eighteen years.

“Hey, mum…”

Wooseok’s voice had automatically pulled Jieun out of her thoughts.

“Yes?” She put the calendar back onto the desk and sat on her bed. “What’s up, baby?” She asked her son as she watched him sat next to her. He had grown so tall and big that sometimes, Jieun couldn’t believe that he was the same baby that she was carrying in her belly once upon a time ago.

Wooseok took a deep breath and released it slowly. “So, there’s this girl…”

“Yes?” Jieun raised her eyebrows.

“I think she likes me.”

“Ok.”

Wooseok looked at his mother. “And I—like her too.”

Jieun shook her head at once. “No, you’re not allowed to date until you’re eighteen remember?”

“But I’m going to be eighteen soon though.”

“Well until then, you’re mine only.”

Wooseok was going to say something and he kept his mouth shut again. He wou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter