CHAPTER 02

The Last Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWO

Kensington, London.

“Victoria!” Kris howled as soon as he entered their house. For the past six centuries, The Wu siblings had moved from place to place and finally, six months ago, they have decided to move back to their hometown—Kensington, London. Although their house had long been knocked down, the place held their imagination of home vividly in their minds. The street where they used to live was now a Millionaire’s Row, a private road running parallel to Kensington Palace. Though they could get away with anything that they wanted, they were determined to play fair and formally purchased a modern looking mansion with their unlimited wealth.

In a flash, Kris’ older sister had appeared in front of him looking slightly alarmed. She never liked it when Kris shouted her name.

“Tell me that you have kept no secret from me.” Kris spoke sternly.

Taken aback by his brother’s accusation, Victoria shook her head. “You do know I hate secrets between us?”

Unlike her brothers, Victoria Wu had always loved witchcraft and she practiced hard on casting every spells there were. She was forced to be turned into a vampire, not knowing that by turning into what her mother had wanted her to be would ceased her ambition of being a witch. Yet, given the fact that she became a vampire through magic, she figured that she could still be able to retract the leftover magic that she had within herself from the past. It wasn’t that long ago until she finally succeeded. Though she had to work in an absolute low profile, she was finally content with her achievement. 

Han Wu, Kris’ older brother made an appearance after he had unintentionally eavesdropped into their conversation from upstairs. “What’s going on?” He calmly asked his siblings. If anything, Han was a total opposite to Kris. He was much more composed, responsible and forgiving.

Kris’ eyes looked at them intensely. “Apparently, you two have a nephew.”

“What?” Both Victoria and Han had exclaimed in unison.

“How is that possible?” Victoria asked and paused herself as she figured things out in her head.

“No time for questions. I need your help.” Kris simply uttered. “I need you to locate a woman. A werewolf, to be exact.”

Victoria led both of her brothers into her work room. She then took out a scroll from the cupboard and laid it out onto the desk.

“How did we not know that you have a werewolf girlfriend?” Han joked as he tried to lighten up the atmosphere. He was actually not surprised but rather delighted to hear such news. He was sure their sister was too, despite Kris’ attitude that only emphasized his annoyance.

“Because she’s not—she wasn’t. It was a one night stand.” Kris replied his brother. “And it happened eighteen years ago.”

Like they were on cue, both Victoria and Han looked at Kris in utter shocked.

“So—“ Han began again but was quickly cut off by his sister.

“—are you saying that our nephew is not a baby like I am now imagining—but a teenage boy?” Victoria asked Kris, absolutely fazed by everything that had come out of her youngest brother’s mouth.

Kris sighed. He was about to get irritated by all of the questions. “Yes. From what I was told, he will be turning eighteen soon.” He said. “Now, please. No more questions. Would you help me locate the mother or not?” Kris looked at Victoria.

“Yes. Of course.” Victoria nodded her head before she realised something, she turned to look at Kris. “But. I can’t do without anything of her belonging.”

“Hold on.” Kris had said and fled to his bedroom. Few seconds later, he was back in Victoria’s work lair.

Victoria took the necklace that was dangling from Kris’ hand and she studied the crescent pendant. “Cute.” She expressed. “She’s from the Crescent Moon Clan, I assume?”

Kris didn’t say anything but he had nodded his head. For a brief moment, Kris was spaced out as his mind suddenly thought of the night he and Jieun had their moments together. It was back in New Orleans. He could still remember her face and her delicate touches, despite being a beast. She had come to New Orleans to find a woman called Nana—whom later he found out, was dead. Kris and Jieun didn’t exactly have a pleasant first meeting with one another. In fact, she hated him. Fair to say, she wasn’t exactly his type either. Yet, they were so drawn to each other that night—which had led them onto an unplanned night together.

“Found her.” Victoria’s voice pulled Kris out of his reverie.

 

♛♛♛♛♛

 

Eden Valley, Lake District, England.

Jieun was nursing a familiar woman who had gotten her arm burned while cooking, when she felt a sudden shiver going through her body. She clenched her fist for a second and shook the feeling off.

“There you go, Mrs Law. Please be extra careful from now on.” Jieun told her patient, whom she had known since the woman was still in her twenties. Jieun would probably be around Mrs Law age, if she hadn’t stop aging. Mrs Law thanked her earnestly and went to sit across Doctor Max’s desk.

Jieun too was almost qualified to be a doctor, before she got herself pregnant and turned immortal. Although with Wooseok as the outcome, she couldn’t complain. Now, she was just fine as being a nurse assistant to Doctor Max, whom she had also known since he was in his early teen. She had practically watched him grow.

Jieun and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter