Chapter 4

Easy steps to move on

"Happy birthday !"

 

          I burst into laughter at the sight of my dear friends. They had come to my place to celebrate my birthday. I had not even been able to get dressed. In fact, they had woken me up with a phone call and several knocks on the door. Dong Woo was holding the cake while Sung Yeol had taken a photograph of my morning look. I let them in and we went to the kitchen together. 

 

"Make a wish." Hoya whispered.

"I don't even know how to do it."

"What is it that you want the most ?" Sung Jong asked.

"She doesn't need anything when she has such a lovely friend." Dong Woo stated.

"Don't you want to meet your destined one ?" Woo Hyun wondered, "that's a wish".

"Ah.. I don't know. I think it's too soon to start a new relationship."

"It's been a year !" Dong Woo replied.

"Exactly !"

"If you don't have a wish, then I have one." Hoya said.

"I have one too !" Sung Gyu added.

"Guys, is it my birthday or-"

 

          Hoya leaned down to the candle and closed his eyes.

 

"Dear birthday fairies, Dong Woo often talks about Sun Hee. He keeps saying that he loves her smile, her laughter, her eyes, her looks, her personality, her-"

"Get to the point." Sung Gyu scolded.

"To make a long story short, Dong Woo is-"

"Yah ! This is not funny !' Dong Woo frowned, "Sun Hee, this isn't what you think. The guys are-"

"Jang Dong Woo, be quiet." Sung Gyu said.

"Sun Hee, I-"

"Please Oppa, let me listen to this."

 

          Since Hoya had started talking, I had not been able to look away from him. I wanted to know what he had to say. My brain was only concentrated on Hoya's words while my heart was beating fast. I had to listen to his wish. I had to hear the truth about Dong Woo.

 

"As I said, Dong Woo loves everything about Sun Hee. He's crazy in love with her. That's why I want him to confess."

 

          I glanced at Dong Woo whose gaze was fixed to the ground.

 

"Now, it's my turn." Sung Gyu smiled, "I've seen the relationship between Dong Woo and Sun Hee change when they weren't even aware of what was happening. They got a lot closer since Sun Hee has been single.", he stared at me while speaking, "it's time for them to realize their true feelings. So, basically, this is my wish. Let them realize that they have fallen in love."

"Dong Woo Oppa ! We'll have to grant their wishes."

 

          He turned his face to me upon hearing my comment. I liked his look of disbelief. Our friends let out a cheer when I grabbed his hand. I always had fun teasing Dong Woo.

 

"So, do you want to be mine ?" I winked.

"Are you joking ?"

"The guys want us to be together."

"What do you want ?"

 

          I was taken aback by his question. Originally, I had wanted to make fun of him because of what our friends had said. I hadn't expected him to be so serious. It only occurred to me that I liked the idea of Dong Woo being in love with me. Although I didn't know if I loved him back, we had an amazing relationship.

          Woo Hyun pushed me to Dong Woo and I met his tender gaze.

 

"My wish.. my birthday wish is.. to go on.. a date with you."

"Are you asking me out ?"

"No, this is only a wish."

"I.. could make it happen. But, there is one condition."

"What is it ?"

"I want to know about your feelings for me." he whispered.

"You haven't even confessed yet !"

 

          Dong Woo rested his forehead against mine while encircling my waist.

 

"I'm in love with you, Sun Hee."

"I.. think I love you too."

 

          I lifted my head up to give him a kiss but an hand appeared between our mouths.

 

"You'll do that later." Myung Soo said, "we want the cake".

"That's right. Let's eat and we'll congratulate the couple later." Woo Hyun agreed.

 

          I watched my friends helping themselves as I leaned my head against Dong Woo's chest. It felt good to be in his strong embrace. He had always been by my side. Yet, we had taken such a long time to realize that we had to be together. None of us knew how long our relationship would last, but we would live it to the fullest. We would spent each day in Love.