Because of Bread

Part-Time Superhero

It was a dark and stormy night.

Just kidding.

It was a bright and beautiful day.

But it might as well be a dark and stormy night for Tzuyu. She was having a pretty awful day. Chaeyoung accidentally dropped her lunch on Tzuyu’s textbooks, she’s pretty sure she failed that world history quiz, and she burnt her toast and ruined the toaster this morning.

I shouldn’t have left the bread in the toaster that long. My mom had to come running in the house with her water pail that she was using for her garden and sprinkle the toaster until it stopped smoking.

Tzuyu was currently walking home from school. All she wanted was to take a very long nap. When she walked into the front door of her house she immediately felt an odd feeling below her. She looked down and saw her dog biting at her shoelaces.

“I don’t have time for this today Chewbacca!” Tzuyu nudged the dog away from her roughly with her foot. The dog whimpered as it ran into its little dog house that was in the shape of the Death Star.

“I’ll walk you later, okay?” Tzuyu patted her dog’s head and it attempted to bite her shoelaces again.

“Tsk!” She nudged her dog away again and headed to her room. She immediately hopped into her bed face down and stuffed her face into her pillow.

Peace and quiet~

Her phone suddenly rang loudly. Tzuyu groaned as she grabbed her phone aggressively.

“Hello?!”

“Geez, aren’t you just the happiest person on earth today?” The person on the other line teased.

“What do you want Dahyun?” Tzuyu sighed.

“I was wondering if you wanted to go to the ice cream shop with Chaeyoung and I. We’re going right now!”

Tzuyu thought about it.

It’s been a pretty stressful day… Ice cream might make me feel better. Also, it’s been about a week since-

She felt it.

I spoke too soon.

Tzuyu sat up and pulled down her shirt’s collar a little bit. She looked down at her necklace that was glowing and vibrating.

Just when I thought things were becoming peaceful… it hasn’t done anything in like a week!

“I’m afraid I’ll going to have to take a rain check on that, Dahyun.”

“What? What other plans do you-”

Tzuyu hung up on her.

Tzuyu sighed and sat up. She grasped her necklace tightly and closed her eyes. Like magic, her clothes started changing and her costume was conjured onto her body. She opened the window in her room and climbed to the top of her house. She started roof hopping to the destination that her necklace spiritually guided her to.

I wonder what’s going on…

______________________________________________________________________

 

Nanananananana~

Sana hummed to herself as she skipped to the mall. She was very excited; she had seen a poster earlier about a 50% off sale at her favorite store.

I’m going to buy all the perfume and body mists~

Nothing was going to ruin her day. She had finally made friends after moving into this new city. She received a good score on her world history quiz, she heard that her father got promoted at work, and her mother told her that she would bake some brownies today. She was quite happy today, although she did wish her friends came with her.

Stupid Mina and Momo… not wanting to go with me to the mall because of other more important plans. How is a ballet tournament and a jokbal eating contest more important than a sale?!

Oh well, absolutely nothing was going to ruin her day. Except maybe-

“Don’t come any closer!” Shouted a large man as he grabbed Sana and brought a knife to her neck, “I’ll slit this girl’s throat if you come any closer!”

Sana was in shock. She hadn’t seen the man or the many police officers running towards her.

How did I miss that?

“Calm down sir! No one needs to get hurt!” One of the policemen shouted.

“Then let me get away with all this bread!” The criminal shouted aggressively, clutching his large stolen bag of bread like his life depended on it (it kind of did), spitting on Sana’s cheek in the process.

Gross! TT

“I’m afraid we can’t do that,” another policeman responded, determined to retrieve the bread back.

Great, they are going to let me die because of bread. Mom, I’m sorry for going against your rule when I dyed my hair blonde a year ago. Mina, I was the one that released that chicken in your room, not Momo. Momo, I’m sorry Mina shredded your all-you-can-eat-jokbal coupon.

“If you don’t let me go with this bread, I’ll hurt this girl!” The man started shaking in anger.

Sana closed her eyes. She just hoped that her deceased body looked nice on camera when she makes the news.

“You are going to give back the bread and let that pretty girl go,” Said a womanly voice.

Pretty? Oh you are too kind~

Sana opened her eyes and searched for the voice that said her well deserved praise. There was no woman anywhere near her. The criminal and policemen all looked around in confusion.

“Um, up here.”

Everyone looked up and saw a figure on the street lamp above them.

“Who are you?” A policeman asked. They all had a hard time seeing since she was positioned right in front of the sun. All they saw was a dark silhouette. Everyone was blinking profusely as they were being blinded by the sun.  

“Tsk…” The figure said as she moved herself a little bit so that she was in the shade.

Sana saw what she thought was the most beautiful person she had ever seen. The woman was fit, tall, had long, glorious hair, a full-body spandex suit, a fabulous cape that was long enough to flow nicely in the wind, but also short enough that she wouldn’t trip all over it, and a mask that revealed only her eyes and ears.

Why do those ears remind me of Yoda?

-Cough-

Tzuyu felt awkward with the long stares everyone was giving her.

“The Force! I knew you would come!” A policeman cheered.

“Yeah you thief! You’re definitely going to get it now! The Force is going to destroy you!” Another policeman shouted, pointed a horribly manicured finger at the thief.

The Force? Who is that? I need to learn more about the people in this city. I’ll start with this beautiful beast-

“Don’t come any closer!” The criminal brought the knife closer to Sana’s neck as he stared at the superhero above him.

“Sir, put the knife down and let the girl go,” Tzuyu said seriously as she glared at the man. Not that anyone could see it through; they were all still squinting trying to look at Tzuyu - she was just too high up.

“I-I’m not scared of you!” The criminal shouted as he shook a little bit.

“You should be.”

It all happened so fast. Quick like lightning, Tzuyu had jumped down on the man, causing him to drop his knife. She elbowed him hard in the gut and he dropped down to his knees immediately, clutching his stomach and letting Sana go. Tzuyu gave the criminal one last hard kick to his jewels (for good measure).

Wow…

“H-How did you do all that?! I just blinked and I’m already on the floor!” The criminal wept in pain.

“Isn’t it obvious? I used The Force,” Tzuyu held her palm out menacingly.

The man went into a fetal position and sobbed.

“Okay! Just leave me alone!” Snot was coming out of his nose now.

Sana stared at the criminal, then at Tzuyu, then back at the criminal, then back at Tzuyu. Tzuyu held her hand out for Sana to take. Sana wasted no time in taking her hand and rushing to her side. Sana wrapped her arms around the tall woman and rested her head on her chest.

Tzuyu raised her eyebrow at the action.

“Uh, you guys can take him now…” Tzuyu gestured at the fallen man to the policemen.

“Oh! Of course!” The policeman quickly grabbed the man and the bag of bread. They dragged him away to the police station that was across the street.

She feels very nice. Are those abs I’m feeling? Oh, the muscles~

Sana was rubbing Tzuyu’s stomach in a clockwise motion and clutched at her arm.

“You can let go now.”

“O-Oh! Right…” Sana released her slowly, not wishing to be away from her savior, “thank you so much! I don’t know what would’ve happened to me if you hadn’t shown up!”

“You probably wouldn’t have been hurt that much… he held the knife the wrong way, the blade side of the knife wasn’t against your neck. He wouldn’t have even been able to slice strawberries correctly.”

Sana giggled at her joke.

“I’m Minatozaki Sana!”

“Nice to meet you Sana,” Tzuyu gave her a smile. Sana couldn’t see the smile because of her mask, but she can tell she smiled.

Oh gosh, the sound of my name coming from …

Sana took out her phone.

“C-Can you say that again?”

“What?”

“My name! I want to record you saying it and set it as the sound for my morning alarm, ringtone, doorbell, microwave-”

“Uh, maybe another time.” Tzuyu was thoroughly weirded out.

“Aw, okay…” Sana pouted. as she put her phone away.

“Yeah…” Tzuyu just stared at Sana awkwardly.

“So, who are you?” Sana batted her eyelashes.

“You must be new here,” Tzuyu chucked,” everyone here just knows me as The Force.”

“The Force? Why do they call you that?”

“I don’t know, the first person I’ve ever saved was a little girl. She took one look at me and said that I remind her of someone from Star Wars. Because of that people started referring to me as The Force. I have no idea why she thinks I resemble a character from Star Wars…”

Maybe it’s your cute ears~

Sana gushed to herself as she stared at her savior’s ears.

-Cough-

Sana was brought back to reality.

“Well, who are you really?” Sana asked her.

“That’s for me to know and for you to never find out... maybe.”

“Maybe?” Sana was confused.

“Yeah, I mean, I don’t control how life is going to go. There’s a chance that you’ll somehow figure out who I am.”

“Like fate?” Sana batted her eyelashes once more.

“Um, yeah…” Tzuyu backed away a little.

“Well, I really appreciate you helping me out back there!”

“Don’t worry about it; you’re very safe in this city. The police might not be very competent, but I am.”

“I can see that,” Sana grazed her finger on Tzuyu’s arms.

“I-I should go,” Tzuyu said shyly as she started grabbing for something on her belt.

Sana pouted.

“Aw… well I hope I see you again soon!” Sana gave a blinding smile.

“I hope not, the only reason you’ll ever see me is if you’re in trouble again.”

“I wouldn’t mind getting mugged if it means you’ll come save me~” Sana nudged at Tzuyu’s shoulder with her own.

“Please don’t purposely get yourself into dangerous situations. You shouldn’t let your pretty face get hurt,” Tzuyu said nonchalantly.

Sana blushed bright red.

What a charmer~

“I don’t want you to leave!” Sana whined.

Not when you’ve buttered me up like this!

“I really want to get to know you! The real you!” Sana shook Tzuyu’s arms cutely.

“Tell you what, if you somehow figure out who I really am, and say “May The Force be with you” to me, we can get super close with each other.”

“Really?!”

“Yup.”

“I’ll definitely find out who you really are!” Sana was more determined than Momo trying to eat all the jokbal at a buffet… and that’s saying a lot.

“Alright… I’ll see you when I see you,” Tzuyu nodded at Sana before using her grappling hook on the roof of a building and disappeared.

“Oh… my… GOD!” Sana squealed and hugged herself.

She’s so beautiful! Such a gentlewoman too! I just want to bite her cute Yoda ears~

When she moved in a week ago she had thought the city was relatively boring. Now her life got a whole lot more exciting.

The Force… I hope we meet again~

Sana arrived at the mall and happily skipped to her favorite store. She suddenly stopped and looked at her watch.

“Aw! The sale is over!”

Sana almost cried that day.