Chapter 1

Redamancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In a matter of an hour or so, the rain was gone. The leaves were leisurely sprinkling the tiny water droplets, the birds were chirping all over again, and the sound of cars driving by the puddles could be heard quite clearly. Jungkook had made his way through the hallway, greeting his parents a good evening, skipping the rest of his way to enter a room that was dimly lit, with pictures of his hyungs captured in polaroids. Jungkook took off his coat, placing it on the nearby table before settling his bottom on the bed that dipped down from the weight of the boy. He pushed his head back, hitting the rear of his head on the soft pillows that were shaded in colors of blue.

The sheets shifted and mingled into a white mess as the boy covered him underneath them, still unable to get Taehyung off his mind.  Jungkook wasn’t the type to easily fall in love with people. He could still remember what had happened just two years ago. When his classmate Somi had graciously asked him out and Jungkook had brushed her off by asking her to wait until the end of the high school year. And there she was. Somi was standing in her graduation attire, asking him out again and Jungkook had rejected her again. He knew that was sort of a move, and was grateful to his parents for moving cities once the school year came to an end because he did not wanted to face Somi and her wrath of rejection. As stupid did it sound, he was slightly scared of her now. But he knew she would’ve found someone better by now, and Jungkook thought he might have done the same too.

As soon as he had laid his eyes upon the boy, he could feel his stomach twitch. God damn butterflies.  Earlier, when he had asked the boy to have a cup of coffee with him, he clearly could feel how creeped out Taehyung would be but then again he felt at ease when Taehyung’s awkwardness lifted in a few minutes. Taehyung had explained Jungkook how he was working as a part time employee here so he could buy his mom her favorite birthday present; a coupon for spa. And Jungkook was very much delighted to hear how caring the latter was. He even had offered to help him out if he could and Taehyung had laughed it off, saying that all he could do is giving him his number. Thus, they shared their numbers which resulted in Jungkook getting the text of the brunette boy asking him if they could meet tomorrow. Jungkook obviously said yes. How could he not accept his invitation? It would be a lie to say that Jungkook wasn’t freaking out at the same time. His mind was boggling with questions such as to decide what to wear? What to bring for Taehyung? How to initiate the conversation? Did he like the color black or white? But soon his mind was exhausted as he found himself hop abroad the sleep expressway and his slumber took over.


Ting

The sound of sheets ruffling again could be heard as one hand made his way out of the white cloth, finding its direction to the phone that was currently buzzing nonstop. The hand finally found the inanimate object, grasping it lightly before dragging it towards his owner’s face. Jungkook was greeted with a bright blue screen which made him squint his eyes a bit, before focusing on the numbers written on the device. 11.30 am.

A loud squeak was heard as Jungkook got up from the bed, holding onto the phone that displayed 20 missed calls from Taehyung, and 7 messages. He knew he had ed up. Jungkook was supposed to meet Taehyung at 10.00 am sharp at their café and was already late for their first ever date. Jungkook paused in between his thoughts for a second. Was this their first date? The boy was very much lost in his deliberations again which were only crashed when he received another text from Taehyung. “Where are you?”
Jungkook knew this was no time to decide what ever this meeting was, and jumped out of his bed, grabbing the best possible clothes he could find in his closet before running over to take a shower.

In some 20 minutes; (which felt like eternity) he found himself entering the café he had visited a day before. Jungkook desperately searched for what was supposed to be oxygen but could only inhale the aroma of coffee beans. He looked around to find the brunette server but he was nowhere near his sight. Jungkook seated himself on the same table he had placed his on yesterday, tapping his fingers onto the table waiting for Taehyung to arrive any moment. Instead, he was welcomed by a young female server who introduced herself as Seulgi.  Jungkook smiled a bit at his server and asked her if he could instead be served by Kim Taehyung. Giving him a look of confusion, Seulgi responded to the latter’s requests by telling him that the server was busy and was not available. Jungkook mouth turned into an ‘o’ and he began to drift into his thoughts yet again. Did Taehyung leave out of anger? God no.

Brushing aside his views, he kindly asked Seulgi if she could convey his message to his gorgeous server that Jungkook came by, which resulted in the female gasping a bit too loud.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter