Cerulean Eyes (Jikook)

Forelsket: Tiny Shards of Love

“Mommy, why don’t I have eyes like yours?”

Her eyes were brilliant cerulean, as clear as the sea during a beautiful summer’s day. Cerulean eyes meant that she wasn’t born from land. His mother lived in the ocean where the fishes swam and breathing underwater was not a problem. Her skin sparkled because beautiful clear scales covered her body like gems glistening from straight to curve. To Jungkook, his mother was the most beautiful creature he’d ever seen in his life. She was the kindest and warmest. 

But unfortunately, she was also fragile and at the age of ten, she passed away.

Jungkook thought he would never meet anyone as beautiful again.

Or so he thought.

One afternoon, when school ended early, he decided to stop by the harbor to meet his father. His father’s boat was no where to be seen so he sat down at the edge of the harbor and swung his legs as he waited. The sun was still bright up in the sky and the sea was really clear. At a distance, he could see the village his mother grew up in. Buildings of stone and fishes (or maybe those were sea people) were visible even from where he was sitting.

It was beautiful. He wondered why his mother would ever think of leaving that place. 

And a thought came to him, he had to find out.

He dropped his bag on the floor and removed his shoes and socks. If his mother could breathe underwater, so could he right? After counting to three, he jumped off the harbor and flailed his arms. Once he was down on the water, he tried to breathe. 

He couldn’t. 

He flailed his arms and legs even more, trying to swim himself above the water. He was failing, he was growing tired.

Was the sea going to take him away?

Suddenly, he felt someone grab him by the waist and the next thing he knew he could breathe. Jungkook opened his eyes and saw a young man, holding onto him tight. His eyes were like his mother’s but his hair was bright orange. “Are you okay, kid?” He asked. 

“Yeah” he answered.

“Why the heck did you jump off when you don’t even know how to swim?” The stranger asked.

“I wanted to see my mom” he said, teary-eyed.

“You’re mom’s in the village?” 

“No, she’s in heaven” This time, Jungkook was sobbing.

“What?” The stranger sounded puzzled. “First things first though, I should get you back to the harbor. Your dad must be looking for you.”

Once they were back at the harbor, there were still no boats around which meant Jungkook’s dad hasn’t gone back yet.

“What’s your name?” The stranger asked.

“Jungkook” he answered. “Jeon Jungkook”

“My name is Jimin” the stranger smiled. “Park Jimin”

“Your eyes..” Jungkook said all of a sudden. “They’re just like my mother’s..”

“Oh? Your mother must have been from my village then” Jimin said a-matter-of-factly.

“Beautiful..” The child said in wonder. “They’re beautiful..”

The stranger blushed but in response, he simply ruffled the child’s hair and laughed. “Do you have some kind of Oedipus Complex, kid?”

 

 

 

 

-----

I'm really into the Nagi no Asukara au. I might make a series or like a longer one shot out of this but please don't expect much from me. I'm lazy af- And slowly losing my writing muse ;;