Lightly (YoonMin)

Forelsket: Tiny Shards of Love

Butterflies have a lifespan of twelve months. Once they burst out of their chryssalis, their timer starts and a day is removed from their remaining days here on earth. They say that beauty fades and their glamour is not as seasoned as wine. After the effects wear off, they fade into oblivion. Their memories become more like dreams.

These are the thoughts that fill Min Yoongi’s head. He’d reach over his side to lock his arms around a familiar body beside him.

He was still there.

This wasn’t a dream.

Yet.

To him, Jimin was a star. Stars have a tendency to be replaced once they have lost their shine. But no, Jimin fell towards Min Yoongi with a huge impact that resulted to huge craters due to the strong force of Yoongi’s gravity. Yes, Jimin fell first. And he left a mark on Yoongi.

A mark that no rock or soil could ever fill again.

They promised each other lifetimes. In different reincarnations, no matter what life cycle they were destined to fall upon. They believed that there was always a way back to each other. Their thread was tangled so tight that they thought that their bond would never loosen. 


But there was nothing permanent in this world.

Someone was bound to untangle strings and sometimes, they tear it apart.


Yoongi used to mark his territory on Jimin’s skin, painting pink roses on areas only Yoongi was allowed to see. Jimin was given permission to do the same. But instead of printing his name on Yoongi’s porcelain canvas, he decided to say his name like quiet little prayers. And Yoongi swore that he’d give everything to hear it again.


Park Jimin was the epitome of summertime madness while Min Yoongi resembled wintertime frostbite.


They’d hold on to each other, testing who would melt first. Naturally, it would have been Yoongi but Jimin was too soft to give in. He’d drown in Yoongi’s waters first and dive ten-foot deep down his whirlpool. Yoongi would entrap him. He was not a siren of any sort but his waters were too beautiful not to set sail in. 

As a result, Jimin was never to be seen again.

But like every other story, everything comes to an end. Whether it be sad or happy, the conclusion is just another mark of a new beginning. Better or scarred, the world lives on. Just the way it’s supposed to be.

When Yoongi speaks his name, they taste like smoke he chokes when breathing his cigarette. The syllables and sounds come out but they sound like dripping coins on wishing wells.

You wished they’d come true but they never will. 

He wished Jimin could sail in his waters forever. He wished that the love they supposedly had was something meant to be carved in trees and never cut away.

But seasons change.

And like leaves, people wither.

It was a pity that Jimin had to wither early in the spring.

Butterflies have a lifespan of one year.

It took one year for Min Yoongi to love Park Jimin.