CANT LIVE WITHOUT YOU

CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU

It has been two weeks since that dreadful night. The night he ended everything and she left her pride and begged him to stay, but he just walked away, like she meant nothing to him at all.

 

“what is wrong with you ? we were just talking ?” he said in a frustrated tone.

She scoffed “I saw you joonmyun, I saw the way you were grinding against little miss perfect, don’t you dare lie to me”

“I am not lying, you are just being unreasonable, we got a little carried away that’s all nothing happened”

“Unbelievable, carried away ??!! you jerk, I cannot believe this”

“This is stupid, we shouldn’t be arguing about this”

“You are right we shouldn’t , I mean why would we ? you’ve done absolutely nothing wrong …oh wait you did , you dragged with you to the stupid club and started grinding on that model whom you knew had a thing for you, why would that be wrong?”

“You know what I’m tired of this , I’m tired of you, I am done”

“What do you mean done?”

“Let’s break up”

Silence engulfed the room, heavy silence, she couldn’t believe what he said.

“What do you mean break up ? You’re breaking up with me”

“Are you stupid? that’s what I said we are over”

“B-b-but you can’t do that …I love you”

“I don’t , goodbye __-ah”

With that he left, left her to her despair, she cried and cried endless tears, unable to comprehend what just happened . He left heart heavy and footsteps even heavier, he didn’t want this to happen but maybe it was for the best.

 

She hasn’t seen him in two weeks, she was still sad about how things ended, you’d think after two years you know someone apparently not, she wanted to forget him so badly but she couldn’t , she cried herself to sleep many nights wishing he was there to embrace her and mummer sweet nothings in her ears but he wasn’t there anymore, and she needed to move on .

He hasn’t seen her in two weeks and it was ripping his heart, he missed her, he missed everything about her, he was miserable without her, he cried and he raged, he yelled and he broke things, all trying to console himself of letting her go, he hated himself and the world for all of this, worst of all he knew it was all his fault, he was the one who took her for granted and he was stupid for that. He couldn’t live without her, it’s impossible , he felt like a fish out of water, he belonged with her and he needed her to know that .

She was at her workplace, working at her desk suddenly there was a knock on the door “Come in” 

The door opened and it revealed a tired sleep-deprived joonmyun, 

“Oh joonmyun ..” she was shocked to see him, and she realized how much she missed him 

“I was going to bring flowers but you’re allergic so …” he trailed off, he wasn’t prepared he didn’t know what to say 

“Joonmyun ..why are you here ?”

“I miss you”

“You said you didn’t love me, you can’t miss someone you don’t love”

“I was stupid, I didn’t mean it I swear I love you so so much and these past weeks have been hell, I am so sorry please take me back!” His eyes were getting watery .

“I am sorry joonmyun… I don’t think I can, you hurt me”

“Please give me a chance and I will prove to you I love you, please let us start over”

“Joonmyun I’m sorry, maybe we aren’t meant to be” She walked away not looking back, she was too hurt by his careless actions.

One month later:

It was a beautiful Sunday, she was sitting at the very back deep inside the little bookstore reading a book, she was sitting on the floor her back against the book-shelf, she was surrounded by books and that made her happy.

Suddenly a shadow entered her line of vision, she looked up to see a familiar figure but he was looking for something in the shelves, 

“Where is it?” He muttered to himself,

Her heart skipped a beat at the familiar voice, he was looking where she took her book so she gathered her courage and spoke up 

“Excuse me …are you looking for this book?” 

His heart went wild and it felt like it was going to jump from his ribcage at the sweet familiar voice, he turned to see her and he felt butterflies in his stomach, she was pointing at the book waiting for his answer 

“Ah ..yes actually, but it seems you got to it first”

“I have a few pages left, I can give it to you when I’m done”

“That’ll be great, thank you”

She got up and stood in front of him 

“I’m ___” She said putting her hand out for him to shake,

He looked at her strangely, did she not recognize him?

But the smile on her face …he shook her hand “I’m joonmyun!”

“Nice to meet you, joonmyun”

“Likewise” 

“Here is my number, call me when you want the book!” She said handing him a paper slip and she winked at him and left.

He stood there dumbfounded but with a huge a grin at his face, this meant a new start and he was going to do it right this time.