Scary Night

Wontaek Playground Short Stories

FINALLY MANAGED TO FINISH ANOTHER ONE, IM TAKING FINALS AND EVERYTHING IS SO HECTIC

----------------------------------------------------------

They spent all day playing games and watching movies as they ran around the apartment, but as always night time came.
Ravi had to lend Leo some pajamas since he hadn’t brought any, with how unexpected the sleepover was.
Ravi’s mom had helped him put them on, as he walked out of the room wearing a long-sleeve Star Wars shirt and some pants with a ‘Millennium Falcon” pattern over them.
They spent some time playing before Ravi’s mom told them it was time to go to sleep, so they quickly packed away their toys in their appropriate toy box.
“Oh look the cowboy goes here” Ravi said placing him at the very top of the toy box, next to the astronaut as he closed it.
“Guys go brush your teeth!” said Ravi’s mom as she was opening a new toothbrush for Leo to use.
“Here you go Leo, you can use this one while you’re here”
“Thank you” Leo answered back, as he grabbed the toothbrush and followed Ravi to the bathroom.
“Here” Ravi said as he placed some toothpaste on Leo’s toothbrush and then on his own.
After they finished they were back in the room as Ravi’s mom kept the lamp , told them good night and headed to her own room.
Ravi and Leo were laying down on Ravi’s bed as they were covered with the deep blue comforter.
They spent some time talking together as Ravi was telling Leo about some of his favorite places and when he visited them.
“I’m not too sweepy” said Ravi looking around the dark room.
Leo nodded with him.
“Want to see tv?” Ravi asked, as he was already down from the bed and made his way to the TV in his room and grabbed the remote. He quietly turned it on as he climbed back in bed with Leo.
He switched several channels as his eyes landed on something interesting.
“Keep it there” Leo told Ravi as he stared attentively at the screen.
The thing on the screen was a scary episode of a popular cartoon show.
They watched it, until it got too scary.
“This is too scary!” Ravi argued as he turned off the tv.
Leo looked at him, equally scared. “That was too much” he answered quietly. As they both grabbed the blankets and laid down on the bed, staring at the ceiling wide eyed. 

The children in the cartoon had been running from a insect-like monster creature, it had multiple eyes and six legs. It had been really tall and with sharp teeth, and the color a deep green, both Ravi and Leo were already scared of insects and to see a monster version of them, well was not a very good idea. 
“What if he shows up hwere??” Leo asked worriedly as he turned to Ravi with his eyes wide.
“Its ok, it's only in the tv, it's not weal” said Ravi with fake-confidence, as he warily looked around the room.
Leo hugged Ravi as he closed his eyes, them watching the scary cartoon had been such a bad idea.
“Shwould I turn on the light?” the words had barely come out of Ravi’s mouth as they heard a weird chirpy noise from under their bed. 

“AAHHHH!!!” they ran out of the room as they rushed across the hallway to the room where Ravi’s mom was sleeping. 

“Thwere’s a bug monster in our woom!!!” Ravi yelled, as he got to his mom’s room, she was startled awake, as she looked at the terrified kids. 

“Whats going on guys??”
“There’s a mwonster in my room!” Ravi yelled, his heart beating fast.
“A monster?”
Ravi and Leo nodded at the same time. 

“Well let me go check it out” she said as she put on her slippers and followed the kids back to their room. They stopped in front of the doorway as they turned to look at her, not daring to go any deeper.
She walked into the room.
“Oh look come on, there’s nothing”
“Wait” said Ravi as he warily looked around. 

Several seconds the sound was heard again, as Leo and Ravi ran to the living room as fast as their legs could take them.
“It’s just a cricket guys!” she said, recognizing the sound.
However she remembered her son was afraid of bugs, so this in fact didn’t help.
“I’m going to find it guys!” she yelled, trying to make herself heard all the way till the living room where Ravi and Leo were cowering over the couch. 

It took her nearly half an hour to locate the cricket as she got rid of it.
“Guys it’s gone! You can come back”
However she was greeted with silence.
“Guys??” she made her way to the living room as from the light from the moon she could see Ravi and Leo sleeping snugly on the couch, Leo’s head on Ravi’s shoulder. 

“You guys must be so tired, its so late,” she muttered to herself.
She then carried each one to the bedroom and covered them up with the comforter.
“Goodnight” she whispered, as she went back to her room, the house now cricket-free.