❝three❞

Paper Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mingyu didn't think he could fear people this much. On the nineteenth day, Wonwoo was finally coming back to their apartment. The only problem? Wonwoo had (mistakenly) left Mingyu alone in Seungcheol's apartment with the five people who probably wanted to take turns playing russian roulette, in which they would be only shooting Mingyu.

Chan was a sweet kid but extremely protective over his friends, and most especially Wonwoo. Which, in Mingyu's opinion, made him match even more well in Wonwoo's small dangerous group of friends. Oh Mingyu wondered how this group first formed and how everyone in it had potential to kill him and successfully cover it up without it tracing back to themselves. Truly they were the real life version of the Keening 5 from How To Get Away With Murder. 

Not daring to look at anyone in the eyes, Mingyu meekly hoped Wonwoo would hurry up in collecting his book that he had lent to Seungcheol's neighbour, Park Jimin. All he needed to do was help Wonwoo bring his things back to their apartment but now he was put into a life or death situation. He briefly made eye contact with Chan, the least scariest of them of all — except that was a mistake when he realised Chan was incidentally was being held back by Junhui. It was surprising that Jun was the calmest of the bunch, not that he wasn't glaring at Mingyu as well.

When anyone of them moved or even twitched, Mingyu would flinch and shift a little closer to the door. How was it taking this long to retrieve books from a neighbour? Mingyu wanted to cry, run through the door and shield himself behind Wonwoo. Cowardly, but if you were in his shoes, you would probably want to do the same, especially after his last encounter with his boyfriend's best friend.

Seungcheol turned away from Mingyu first and stood up, which Mingyu instinctively flinched and was prepared to shield his face. Noticing the change in Mingyu's demeanour, Seungcheol scoffed "I'm not going to beat you up while Wonwoo is just on the other side of the door." Seungcheol smiled, although it seemed a little forced. The corner of his lips were twitching and the smile was faltering slowly. "Besides as long as Wonwoo has forgiven you then nothing is wrong and I'm alright with you. Just remember one thing."

He walked towards Mingyu and the latter could feel his feet stuck to the ground. A low and menacing tone caused Mingyu to stiffen up in fear, "I can break every one of your bones on my own and it'll be long and painfully slow."

Immediately everyone in the room, excluding Mingyu, had brightened their expressions after the oldest's threat. Soonyoung laughed and took a large sip of his beer. "Mingyu stop standing by the doorway and take a seat! Jimin hyung chats with Wonwoo for long periods so it'll be a while." Reluctantly, Mingyu took a seat beside Jun — his safest option amongst all of them.

Plagued with awkwardness and fright, Mingyu tried his best to act normal. Even Jihoon was talking to him normally — calling him a skyscraper and such, like he always did. For a moment it all felt normal, like times when Mingyu had hung out with Wonwoo's group voluntarily. It was normal. Seungcheol trying to be affectionate to Jihoon, Jihoon calling Seungcheol a loser, blushing and trying to maintain conversations with other people than his boyfriend; Soonyoung being rowdy about anything, Jun listening intently while speaking at certain times and Chan excitedly talking about the plans Wonwoo had planned for the two (Chan was Wonwoo's assistant photographer).

Wonwoo walked through the door a little later. At first he was bracing himself for a tension filled apartment but was instead greeted with a warm sight of Mingyu sitting with his group of friends. Even he was taken back with surprise. When he was talking to Jimin about Wrath And The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh, he was also slightly worried on what his friends were capable of doing. However he was way to caught up in his conversation to do much and he knew his friends wouldn't do anything rash.

It gave Wonwoo relief to know nothing had happened while he was gone. He wasn't sure what he was expecting — perhaps a scene from a Scream movie. Anyways, he was happy to see that none of his friends were being violent. When Seungcheol noticed Wonwoo standing by the door, the elder waved him over.

"Hey Wonwoo, Ji and I placed your bags on the dinning table. It's all packed and we left the key to my apartment in the small pocket of your backpack." He said, continuing to draw circles on Jihoon's palm. Wonwoo smiled and nodded curtly before staring at Mingyu who had already left the room to retrieve Wonwoo's bags. The instant Mingyu left, Wonwoo promptly narrowed his eyes at all his friends with a squint.

Scrunching his nose up, he asked them carefully, "what you guys do? I was sure at least Soonyoung would do something stupid seeing he's the most immature. Or even Jun to act out a little since he's always a tease." He accused , pointing at the two who made offended faces for being picked out carefully from a group of people with aggressive personalities. While the two began to shout angry complaints and Soonyoung had began to copy Wonwoo's voice, Wonwoo turned away since Mingyu had walked back into the room, holding Wonwoo's bags.

"Ready to go Wonwoo?" Mingyu inquired, plastering on a big dumb grin. He walked towards Wonwoo but didn't even try to hold the latter's hands. Since they got back together, Mingyu fully understood that Wonwoo didn't want him to touch him — it was a clear sign that the fact Mingyu slept with a girl was bound to Wonwoo's mind constantly. However Mingyu's excitement didn't falter, their relationship was slowly piecing back together. The star jar was probably the beginning of forgiveness, Wonwoo loved the star jar; Mingyu constantly caught Wonwoo staring at the jar lovingly when he came to talk to him about moving back in.

Entirely, everything felt like when they had first began dating. How Wonwoo barely spoke but Mingyu knew what his boyfriend was feeling. It was only until a year into their relationship when photographer had began to capture Mingyu's personality and slowly began talking a little more.

Before Wonwoo never spoke, unless the other party was one of their best friends or an adult. High school was Wonwoo's prime years of being timid and introverted. Most wondered how Wonwoo had befriended a group of loud rowdy people, especially Soonyoung — Jihoon was quiet but he could be talkative at certain times. And it didn't seem like Wonwoo needed to talk, somehow Seungcheol always knew what he needed.

Wonwoo blinked from his brief memory of his high school days and nodded at Mingyu, "okay." He turned away from Mingyu and turned to his friends who all have stood up to walk him to the door. It felt like his graduation from university again. Everyone thought Wonwoo was a moron for majoring in both literature and art, well everyone but his friends and boyfriend. But they helped him proudly throughout his entire life at university.

Chan hugged Wonwoo, "hyung if anything goes wrong, just message us and we'll come running." He mumbled for Wonwoo to hear only. The words made the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter