❝two❞

Paper Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been exactly a week since he last saw Wonwoo. They texted each other twice a day as a maximum, one in the morning to say 'good morning' and one in the night to say 'good night'. Other than that, there was nothing. Seungcheol and Jun came over to the apartment on the sixth day, both glaring at him with intentions of murder. Except Seungcheol was much scarier than Jun, his eyes glimmered with pure distaste.

To Mingyu's utter dismay, they were there to collect more clothes for Wonwoo since the boy had decided to extend his stay at Seungcheol's apartment. It was Jun who had told him, Seungcheol was too busy angrily stuffing clothes into a backpack, that Mingyu recognised to be the bag Wonwoo use to carry around during high school. The sight made Mingyu reminisce the times their relationship was just established as friends. Being a couple differed from being friends so much, and he wondered what would've happened if they had stayed friends instead of dating.

Both Jun and Seungcheol left as quickly as they came. Mingyu guessed Jun had tagged along only to keep Seungcheol from throwing Mingyu out the window of the apartment. The eldest male had not spoken a single word to him until the end, just before leaving to go back to his own apartment.

Spitting out the words, 'you're a ing bastard and if Wonwoo didn't make me promise, you would be lying in a garbage bin dead'.

However, despite his promise to Wonwoo — to which Seungcheol stated was clearly just not to 'kill Mingyu' — Seungcheol swung once at Mingyu in the jaw and twice in the stomach. So now with a heavy heart and a fairly swollen purple bruise on the corner of his jaw as well as a throbbing stomach, Mingyu sat on his sofa. How long was this break going to be? It had only been a week but he missed the other so much. And he hoped Wonwoo felt the same.

Days had been on repeat for him; sleeping, eating and work. The only time he was surrounded by people was at their cafe, Mad Hatter Coffee. Every single day had been the same, except the sixth day. Today was the seventh day, and he didn't have work. Minghao was tired of listening to customers complain about their coffee tasting disgusting, so he forced Mingyu to take a few days off — just until he get his head back into the game.

Advising him to rest well, Seokmin had called Jisoo and Jeonghan. It was a Saturday so the kindergarten was closed, so Jisoo didn't have work and well Jeonghan, being the owner of his flower shop, left his assistant manager in charge for the day. Which was also why the couple were in the kitchen, preparing lunch for the three of them. Jisoo walked back into the room where Mingyu was blankly staring at the wall. He took a seat next to Mingyu and nudged him on the shoulder.

"Want to watch re-runs of dramas? Goblin is on in a few minutes." He suggested, offering a smile as he lifted up the remote control to the television.

Mingyu nodded, he didn't really want to watch but it was better than absolute silence.

Of course, the sound of the television wasn't the only thing that filled the silence. Jisoo made the first attempt to bring up the topic of Wonwoo. "He loves you, you know that right?" Mingyu wasn't surprised that Jeonghan and Jisoo knew. Seokmin must've told them. Everyone in Mingyu's circle of friends and Wonwoo's circle of friends knew. Hansol, the youngest in his circle of friends, had texted him asking if he was alright, which Mingyu replied with a simple 'yes' (but he wasn't).

Nodding again, Mingyu couldn't help but feel insecure about how exposed he felt with his relationship with Wonwoo. It felt so open that there wasn't anything to define it.

Luckily, Jeonghan entered the room with a three bowls of bibimbap and three spoons. He took a seat next to his boyfriend, cuddling up to Jisoo's side after he handed everyone their food. Jisoo chuckled at Jeonghan's antics and placed a chaste kiss on the latter's temple. The sight made Mingyu's chest tighten, he wanted Wonwoo by his side so this would've been more comfortable. Instead he had reverted to the days he was stuck as a third wheel for his two favourite hyungs.

Mingyu didn't say anything and just began eating, keeping his eyes glued on the drama. Jeonghan spoke in a small voice, just enough to pull Mingyu's attention away from the scene unfolding in the drama, "so do you want to talk about what happened? We're all worried about you; I know Minghao and Seokmin haven't said much to you but they're feeling upset that they can't console their own best friend." Jeonghan placed his half eaten bibimbap on the table and placed his hands on his lap. "Have the two of you talked since he left the apartment?"

Shaking his head, Mingyu sighed deeply, "hyung what do I do? He kept saying he wasn't good enough and that was why I cheated on him. I know he's timid and prefers not to stand out but why can't he understand he's more than enough? There's no guy or girl I want more than I want him." Mingyu exclaimed, frustrated with how their argument had ended.

Both his hyungs looked at each other after Mingyu had let out a little of his stress. Jisoo explained to him carefully, trying not to set him off by accident. "Wonwoo has always been insecure, that's just who he is. It must be hard for him since you like both genders, which means there's more chances for you to swayed away from him."

Mingyu understood well what Jisoo was trying to say, he just wished Wonwoo had more self-confidence in himself. Perfection didn't exist in the world but Jeon Wonwoo came close to it.

"It doesn't matter anymore. He doesn't trust me, not one single bit."

Negativity had been building up in him for the entire week. Perhaps the only relief he had felt was when Seungcheol had punched him — painful but it was part of his slow redemption to both himself and Wonwoo. However voicing this out loud to Seungcheol would basically be giving the elder the 'okay' to beat him to a pole, probably with Jun and Soonyoung there to help. Mingyu wondered at what lengths Seungcheol go to if someone hurt Jihoon.

Jisoo snapped his fingers in front of Mingyu's face as soon as he had began running his mind off track. Once he was brought back to their conversation, Jisoo began drawing circles on Jeonghan's hand, earning a soft moan of comfort. Damn happy couples, Mingyu thought to himself as he squinted his eyes at their intertwined hands.

"If he's insecure you should do something big to relieve his insecurities. My cousin had a really insecure girlfriend once, he ended up getting all her friends, families and co-workers to write in a scrap book what she meant to them." Jeonghan suggested.

Mingyu's eyes widened. A large gesture that would help relieve Wonwoo's worries and help salvage their relationship? That might actually work, that was if Wonwoo was willing to forgive him. It was a shot in the dark but even if they broke up, at least he would've been able to do one last nice gesture for Wonwoo. Just one last present before the outcome — no matter what happens.

But what was he going to do? It needed to be creative and Mingyu was blank at the moment. It was times like this Mingyu wondered why his mind didn't throw random ideas at him like it usually did, during the most irrelevant times. Without thinking, he placed his empty bowl on the table before catching sight of the empty mason jar on the table. It was like someone had a light in his head, just abruptly flicking on the switch without any warning.

Excitedly, he swooped in and grabbed the mason jar, surprising the other two that were in the room. He stared at the clear jar with a triumphant look, his canines were visible since his mouth was twisted into a grin.

"Jisoo hyung, Jeonghan hyung! Call Hansol, Seokmin, Minghao and Seungkwan over. And tell them to bring over lots of fine liners and lucky star paper. I hope you all can do origami!"

•••✧•••

Wonwoo laid his head on Jun's lap as the latter played with his hair. A pout was evident on the boy's face as he wished he was lying on Mingyu's lap. If only nothing had happened, Wonwoo would've been happily cuddling up to Mingyu while reading books he had bought before going Japan.

Of course that wasn't an option at the moment. Jihoon continued flicking through the channel, still trying to find one that was remotely interesting. While Soonyoung, was just being Soonyoung and flipping bottles on the floor just beside an annoyed Jihoon. It didn't take long until Jihoon gave up and decided to just leave the channel on the episode of Goblin that he had watched with his boyfriend too many times that he was able to recite lines from it.

"Seungcheol needs to get ing better cable, there's like no variety shows." The shortest of the bunch grumbled.

Speaking of Seungcheol, he was currently at a job interview for Seoul Private Hospital. The oncology department had an opening position and as an oncologist who was in desperate need for a job after graduating from med school, Seungcheol had practically dropped everything and sprinted to the hospital when he the hospital had an opening. He was hesitant of leaving his heartbroken best friend by himself but luckily the rest of the 96 liners had convinced him to let them take care of their friend.

Loudly scoffing, Soonyoung continued flipping the nearly empty water bottle as he spoke, "Cheol hyung doesn't even turn on the heater during winter since he doesn't want to pay extra in the gas bill, there's no way he'll pay for cable." He pointed out but everyone in the room knew Seungcheol was a moron when it came to Jihoon, doing anything that would satisfy the younger.

"Jihoon don't hit Soonyoung. No one wants to see Soonyoung picking up girls with a black eye — now that I say it out loud, it sounds pretty funny to watch." Jun said, trying to calm them down but instead encouraged Jihoon to become violent. Quickly swatting Soonyoung's hands that were about to hit Jun's face, Jun made an offended face. "My face is worth millions and girls love it so be prepared to fight them."

Jihoon stuck his tongue out a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter