Part 1

By Your Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]By Your Side[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]Part 1[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

He just didn’t understand what was going on. Sitting on his couch watching the latest episode of Descendant of the Sun, he was only half paying attention to, he kept finding his thoughts drift to his best friend. Youngjae had been acting really strange these last few weeks, and Daehyun wasn't exactly sure what was up with her. He had mentioned it to Jongup, but he didn’t really think anything was going on. Jongup wasn’t exactly the most observant so it was of no surprise that he hadn’t noticed Youngjae’s unusual behavior.

 

Maybe it was a girl thing? Daehyun didn’t really know much about girl issues, having only a younger sister who had yet to go through any big girl changes. He was pretty sure however that whatever girl issues she would have wouldn’t have lasted this long. But what did he know about those things, hormones and stuff. He understood thought that being a girl surrounded by a bunch of guys, it was hard for her to talk to them about some of her problems. So maybe that was it?

 

But no matter what it was, Daehyun was concerned. Youngjae wasn't giving any clues as to what was going on and he wasn’t sure how much longer he could let this strange behavior continue before he asked her about it.

 

As he was zoning out, he heard the doorbell ring. He wasn't expecting anyone and the rest of his family were out for the evening, his sister being at a friends house and his parents had gone to see a movie. Looking out of the window, Daehyun saw his ex-girlfriend Eun Hye at the door. Sighing slightly, he decided not to be rude and stepped out onto the porch to speak with her.

 

“Eun Hye, what are you doing here?”

[Ooohh~ I made a cameo in my story. Chyeah! If you guys didn't know Eun Hye is Grace in Korean and I made a cameo of myself but as Daehyun's ex-girlfriend hohoho //crying sound// OKAY! I'LL SHUT UP! Geez, what kind of friend do I have? Anyways....continue XD]

 

Daehyun and Eun Hye hadn’t really chatted too much recently, since they had broken up last year. They agreed to still be friends, both knowing that their relationship wasn’t going to work out, but just weren’t very comfortable hanging out now that they weren’t a couple.

 

“Hey, Daehyun. Sorry to just show up like this without calling. I hope I’m not coming here at a bad time.”

 

“No, it’s alright.” Daehyun sighed. “But Eun Hye, if you are coming here to get back together with me, I’m not sure if that’s such a great idea.”

 

“Oh no! That’s not why I’m here. I totally agree with you on that.”

 

“Well...okay then. Um, why are you here exactly?”

   

“Actually, I’m here because of Youngjae.”

   

“Youngjae?”

 

“Yeah. I promised her I wouldn’t say anything to anyone, but she’s my friend and I want to help her and the only way I know how is to get your help.”

 

“Do you know why she’s been acting so weird lately?”

 

“Daehyun, she’s being bullied.”

 

“What? By who?”

 

“That new girl, Taeyon, in Youngjae and my gym class. I don’t know everything and Youngjae wouldn’t have told me about it except I saw them in the locker room the other day and it was pretty clear what was happening. When I confronted Youngjae about it, she told me it had been going on for about almost two weeks now and has steadily gotten worse.”

 

“So that’s why she’s been acting strange, making excuses about things, it all makes sense. But why wouldn’t she tell me? I’m her best friend.”

 

“I’m not exactly sure. She was pretty adamant about me not telling anyone. If i had to guess, Taeyon is probably threatening her. Youngjae may be scared that if she tells it will get even worse.”

 

“I can’t believe I didn’t realize what’s going on with her. She’s my best friend, we’re together all of the time. I knew something was up, based on how she’s been acting recently but I haven’t really tried to figure out what it is. I’m a horrible best friend.”

 

“I came here to tell you about it because you are a great best friend. If anyone can help Youngjae, it’s you. I know it.”

“Problem is, I’m not sure what to do. If Youngjae doesn’t want anyone to know, me telling her that I do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter