oo4

Drowning Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Insook stretched her arms across the king size bed, feeling it a bit, mainly because she was confused. She slowly opened her eyes allowing the bright sunlight to shine into them bringing her an unwanted pounding headache. The disgustingly acidic taste overwhelmed her taste buds and she could only recall vague memories from last night. She definitely had a little too much alcohol to drink last night and the last thing she remembered was knocking out somewhere downstairs which means the only way she would have made it to this bed was through Sehun.

She looked around the bedroom as her eyes slowly adjusted to the light only to find herself alone and the couch in the corner of the large room, a mess. The sheets someone, most likely Sehun, had used as blankets were half on the ground leaving the pillow to be the only thing laying neatly on the couch.

He must've gone to work. She thought to herself. She glanced at her handphone sitting beside her on the nightstand. Not only was it nearing ten o’clock, but she had ten missed calls and two voice messages from Baekhyun. It was quite surprising Sehun didn’t pick up any of her calls. She groaned wanting to hide under the covers again. As soon as she tossed herself over to the other side of the bed like a child throwing a tantrum, her phone rang. She thought to ignore it, but if it was Baekhyun, she would never hear the end of this until she had actually picked up her phone and talked to him. Baekhyun was persistent and a very stubborn man.

“Hello,” she answered without even looking at the caller ID, her voice still groggy from sleep.

“Insook, thank goodness you finally picked up. I was starting to get worried,” Baekhyun greeted her. “I’m sorry about what happened last night. I just…I don’t know what has gotten into me lately. I wanted to apologize and treat you to dinner, just like the old times,” he said. His voice was hesitant, filled with worry because he was afraid she would reject him. If anyone was to know Baekhyun, it would be Insook. And, this time he sounded like his whole world would end if he didn’t get to make it up to Insook.

“I…I really don’t think it’s a good idea. Baekhyun, I’m a married woman now. I can’t go around seeing whoever I want, whenever I want. Besides, you don’t want trouble with Sehun again, do you?” she answered.

Baekhyun let out a loud sigh. “I’ll be waiting for you, tonight, at our restaurant, if you still consider us friends,” he dejectedly says.

Insook hung up the phone call after Baekhyun had ended the call. She let out a sigh of exasperation. She was genuinely sorry about Baekhyun’s feelings for her, but why did he have to make things more complicated than they needed to be. All she wanted right now, was a good friend she could lean on when Sehun causes her trouble because there was no doubt her husband would be chaos.

He tossed and turned all night. His long limbs were far from comfortable as he slept on the couch. At some point, he even debated if he should climb into bed with her because, really, Sehun hated sleeping alone. As he walked the halls of the company, Oh Tech, to meet the chairman, his father, his walk was rather strained and painfully unbearable. He stopped in front of the grandeur doors that would lead to an office twice the size anyone would ever need to work in. He wasn't at all nervous because it was his father and this wasn't the first time he was called upon by the man. Instead, he felt annoyed, sick, and, tired of this repetitive nonsense his father talked about. He took in a deep breath and as he let it go, he knocked on the doors, patiently waiting for an approval to come in.

“Come in, ” his father's voice boomed from behind the doors.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter