Promise

Her Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The girls headed out for another night of drinks and dancing and this time, Taeyeon joined them without Sunny. Work was her excuse, Taeyeon explained. They opened another bottle of vodka and started the night off with a new drinking game that Taeyeon taught them. Then, it was dancefloor time. In a circle of five this time, they danced and moved with the alcohol introducing a little more inhibition to their system.

Through their time on the dancefloor, several men tried to dance with them but the circle remained closed to them. Until Tiffany felt a hand on her . She gasped and turned around but somebody else had already acted on it. The bodyguard. She watched as the bodyguard grabbed the wrist of the offending hand and saw the grimace on the man’s face.

“Are you looking for a free room at the police station tonight?”

Not wishing to invite trouble, the man shook his head, muttered an apology, and made a hasty escape.

“Oh my God, you’re so tough,” Yuri commented when Taeyeon turned back to them,” and cool.”

“Thank you.” Tiffany didn’t know what else to say but her friends had plenty of praise for the bodyguard and it irritated her on a level she couldn’t explain.

A short while later, the bodyguard excused herself to get some water and Tiffany watched as the petite woman disappeared into the crowd, wondering how such a small person could be so strong.

“Hey,” said Yuri, nudging her, “your friend is cool. She’s a good catch.”

“What?”

Inching closer to Tiffany’s ear, Yuri yelled to make herself heard. “Your friend! She’s a good catch!”

“She?” Tiffany found the thought ludicrous. “She’s just a bo—”

“Just a what?”

“Nothing.”

“Are you interested in her?”

“Of course not!”

“Why not?”

“If you want her, you can have her!”

Yuri grinned. “I already have Yoona!”

“So you shouldn’t be eyeing other girls!”

“I’m just looking out for you!”

“Thanks! But no thanks!”

“But—”

“What makes you think she likes women?” Tiffany cut off Yuri and went back to their table to get away from the overzealous matchmaker that was her friend. But much to her disgust, standing near their table was the bodyguard and yet another woman, looking cosy, chatting and laughing away.

Marching straight up to them, Tiffany remarked, “Another friend?”

“Tiffany,” the bodyguard looked to her with a smile, “we just met. Her name is Seulgi. She’s Korean too.”

“I’m sure that’s very nice for you. But I would prefer you take this elsewhere, out of my sight.”

The new friend tugged at the bodyguard’s arm. “Let’s go and dance, Taeyeon.”

Tiffany sat on their couch and grabbed an empty glass to pour herself some vodka. She could still see the slim figure of the bodyguard’s new blonde friend, long legs striding on insane five-inch platform heels, and that irritated her even more. She wasn’t enjoying herself here tonight and it was the bodyguard’s fault. Deciding that she had enough, Tiffany got up to leave and sent a message to her friends to let them know she was heading back to the hotel.

But of course, by the time she stepped outside, it was clear to her that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter