final

Move On


Falling deeply into the darkness of night and the light of thousand stars hung on the firmament. Chanyeol breathed heavily as he kept staring at the beauty of night sky. Even he forgot to drink his hot coffee and missed some calls. He was totally bored. It was getting bored since he broke up with his girlfriend. Yet he could not forget her though it was two years ago. From the news he heard by some friends, he found that girl already had met someone. Someone better than him, he thought. Thus far he could not replace her though he was the one who asking for a separation.

“Bro, stop ignoring the call.” Someone startled him. It was Jongdae, his best friend that used to be Chanyeol’s ex-girlfriend’s crush. Now they were close for some reason that they never understood. The taller male shrugged and grabbed his phone to shut it down. He felt irritated when someone called him in not good mood unless it was from his parent, he could answer it.

“It was just from the client. I don’t want to be bothered right now.” He said flat. Jongdae chuckled at his act.

“It’s been 2 years, you need to change your mind.” He pestered the latter, still Chanyeol scorned him.

“It’s not easy just like what you did to Hyerin.”

Jongdae scoffed and rolled his eyes annoyingly. They turned off their moment into silence again. Sinking into deep thoughts of what they had taken and given to their lives. Chanyeol returned his point to the side of the cafe once he heard a barging sound from new customer. The cafe he visited tonight was a bit popular so it was a common to see people come-and-go in the night hour besides it was opened for 24 hours. And his eyes was attached by a view of quite tall girl with a maroon coat wrapped her body.

“Just like her.” He mumbled. Jongdae cocked a brow.

“Move on please.” He mocked at him. Chanyeol simply elbowed him, yet before he did it, Jongdae took a fake pain on his stomach as if they were joking around. “It’s not meaning my world revolves around her.” He defended. The friend of his only smirked sarcastically, leaving a shrug to end their conversation and back to their soundlessness.

Chanyeol fixed his eyes at the limp light of streets, his mind was pondering what he shall to do when there was no her before. He could be fine if he never met her in the first place, he could be dating someone without trying to compare anyone, etc. But no, if he did not meet her firstly, he might be still being so playboy. He knew she making a great alternation in his life. As she changed him to be a better person with many traces of ideal romance, she slowly became tired of what effort she made. Because she was the first who loving him so much but in the end Chanyeol who started to enjoy her companion in his life. Sometimes life could be so unfair. One people would make an effort of loving but another would just receive those loves, so in the end it switched. Chanyeol regretted it all now, but he was unable to change it.

He sighed. “Did that person make her happy?” He questioned himself, musing on his pathetic life.

Jongdae rolled his eyes and just stirred his cappuccino. “I never heard anything beside she got your rival.” Chanyeol snuffled.

Suddenly an interruption came from the side of their position. Jongdae glanced at the sound. The girl was sitting beside them. He could bet that he ever met the person somewhere but he could not remember where it was.

“Stop making any noises.” Chanyeol blurted out coldly. The girl stopped, then gazing at him.

“Sorry I think it’s a public place, not your place, so it’s up to me.” She retorted bluntly. Chanyeol bursted a little giggle.

“I’m sorry, my friend is a bit sensitive lately.” Jongdae was being so polite toward her. Hopefully she simply put a smile to reply it back. Again, they lost their way in quiet. None talked about anything else, even Chanyeol. He merely sighed several times which annoyed for the girl.

The girl plugged a headset to her ear which more likely she did not want to be disturbed by anyone. Chanyeol glimpsed at her, the feature she had — the reddish hair and pointed nose. He bet it was pretty for him yet there was something more that sparked from her eyes. The girl could see that Chanyeol stealing a glance at her. So she turned around and caught him while staring at him.

“Something bothered?” She asked, as she turned down the volume. Chanyeol stuttered. “N-nothing.”

“Someone got a first sight? Like a dejavu?” Jongdae interrupted. The latter immediately nudged him. She giggled at his awkward sense.

The girl lent a hand to him in the same time she gave out the prettiest smile she had. “Shim Ahyeon.” Jongdae - for once again  barged himself to ruin Chanyeol’s moment with her. He smiled widely but the latter merely giggled at Jongdae.

“I’m Kim Jongdae and he is Park Chanyeol. Nice to meet you.” He said bubbly. She nodded.

Chanyeol broke their intertwining hand and took her hand to reply the introduction. “Thanks for being born, Ahyeon-ssi.” He said shyly.

The pink brushed inside their cheeks together, in same rhythm. For the first time, he felt better. So did Ahyeon.

Yet far from their seat, two people smiled brightly and received what they wished for after leaving their past before their eyes.