Chapter 4

Nothing More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

By the time that Taehyun’s designated time for him ended, they were able to sing the whole song with minimum flaws. It was great progress. All they had to do now was perfect it and add flare to it. Nothing they could not do in the days they had left.

 

Seungyoon had hoped that he could spend time with Taehyun after practice, but once Seungyoon put his guitar down to talk to Taehyun, Taehyun was already getting up saying that he had to meet up with Seunghoon and Minho. “Both of them, one minute alone, it could destroy everything. I left them alone for two hours,” He said as he went out the door. Seungyoon let him go without telling him anything.

 

Throughout the week, they kept practicing. Sometimes together; other times, Seungyoon would practice alone. Time was very limited, but their performance was coming up nicely. Some parts were divided, others were harmonised, and adlibs and falsettos were set. Wednesday and Thursday were straight practicing.

 

On Wednesday and Thursday, Seungyoon and Taehyun had agreed on meeting on Taehyun’s dorm, since it was easier for Taehyun to move around campus from his dorm to where Seunghoon’s team was practicing than to move from Seungyoon’s apartment to where the team was practicing.

 

Taehyun’s dorm was a mess. Papers with sketches and doodles were thrown around the floor. Taehyun apologised about the mess by saying it was Minho’s and his brainstorming fail ideas, and that they still have not been willing to pick them up. That explained why most of the sketches were crossed out with pen or crumpled up. Taehyun said that they already had the idea. It just had to look good on the bodies of the dancers.

 

After an hour of practicing Thursday, they rushed over to the restaurant. Taehyun’s breathing was short and quick. He was pacing around the room, muttering to himself, keeping a hand on his heart. If Seungyoon had not known better, he would have thought Taehyun had never performed in front of a crowd. “What makes you so nervous?” Seungyoon asked, trying to hide a smirk (since he can't really remember the last time he saw Taehyun so nervous) as he turned his guitar for the third time in ten minutes. He was nervous, too.

“It's been awhile since I've performed like this,” Taehyun sat down next to Seungyoon. “Plus,” Taehyun put his head on Seungyoon’s shoulder and looked up at him, “I think this is the first time we’re performing together as a duet. I'm very exciting.” Taehyun smiled and let out a small laugh. Seungyoon smiled back and was tempted to kiss Taehyun at that very exact moment, but their relationship was not like that. Instead, Seungyoon chuckled and turned back to his guitar.

 

They were the third performance of the night. Some regular goers recognised Seungyoon from the last time he was there and clapped at his appearance, excited for what he held today for them. They looked a little confused with Taehyun being there too, but Seungyoon gladly took the time to explain who he was.

 

Seungyoon and Taehyun sat down on their rightful places and looked at each other for one last time before the performance. Seungyoon gave the younger a reassuring nod, and Taehyun gave him a smile. His heart fluttered, but he refused to show it since he had more important things to focus on. He looked at the crowd to make sure they were all still paying attention and started tapping his foot to keep the beat.

 

The moment he strung his guitar was the moment he forgot he was in front of a crowd. Seungyoon liked to immerse himself in the music. No matter what he sang, he sang with passion. Seungyoon almost forgot Taehyun was there too, but Taehyun’s vocals were too sweet, too soft, too unique to keep Seungyoon alone in his trance. Taehyun sang with just as much feeling and passion as Seungyoon. His every note conveyed the message of the song, and Seungyoon could not ask for a better partner.

 

The moment the song ended the crowd erupted in cheers and stood in ovation. This was the feeling Seungyoon loved about performing. His heart was always filled with the satisfaction of a crowd. When they asked more, Seungyoon knew he did a good job. He could not have asked for something more. He turned his head to see how Taehyun was doing, and it was beautiful.

 

Taehyun had the mic close to his heart as he waved to the crowd. His smile was wide enough to reach his ears. The focus lights shining behind Taehyun made him look like a flawless angel. Seungyoon was sure he fell in love all over again that night.

 

They deemed it a successful night and promised to split the profit once Seungyoon received it. Driving back to the college campus, Seungyoon felt like they should celebrate. Seungyoon turned to Taehyun for a second. The younger was leaning against the window, and a tiny smile rested on his lips. Seungyoon was happy to see Taehyun happy. “Did you have fun today?” Seungyoon asked and turned his eyes back to the road.

Taehyun nodded and hummed, “It went great even if we practiced for so little time.”

Seungyoon nodded. He wondered how he should subtly tell Taehyun that he wanted to do something tonight. “Is there something you want to do tonight?” He asked instead.

“Can you drop me up at the theatre?” Taehyun asked.

Seungyoon tilted his head. It was late. “Why?”

“Seunghoon hyung’s team has been doing their last practices tonight,” Taehyun grinned and straightened up, “I have to be there.”

Oh, yeah… Seungyoon had forgotten. Taehyun had previous commitments. Slightly disappointed, he nodded, “Sure.” Although he wanted to spend more time with Taehyun, he could not keep Taehyun away from others. “How is everything going with the performance?”

“Everything’s going well,” Taehyun took out his phone and dialled someone’s phone number, “Better than I thought.” He put the phone on his ear.

Seungyoon nodded, “That’s nice. I should be expecting something gre-” Taehyun cut him off by putting a finger up.

“Hyung,” Taehyun greeted the person on the phone. “I’m on my way. Are things okay?” The person on the other line answered. Seungyoon tried to make up the voice and see if he could tell who the person. He could not. The volume of the phone was too low for him to hear. Taehyun laughed, “So what if things still have not fallen apart? I’m still not there. Anything could happen.” The person spoke again. Once again, Seungyoon tried to listen close to make out the voice. It was a deep voice. That was all he could make out. “Nope,” Taehyun shook his head, “I don’t trust you.” He then laughed. “Yeah, whatever, hyung. I’ll see you later.” Taehyun hanged up.

 

Seungyoon did not say anything. Instead, he kept driving with his eyes on the road. In a few minutes, they were back on campus by the theater. Taehyun prepared the little things he had with him and faced Seungyoon. “Thank you for the great night,” Taehyun said gratefully, and Seungyoon honestly expected him to lean forward and give him even just a tiny kiss, but that did not happen. Taehyun simply said goodbye and left the car. Outside, he waved goodbye before walking away. All Seungyoon could really do was drive away slightly disappointed.

 

Early the next morning, Jinwoo had called Seungyoon. He sound so excited that Seungyoon had to tell him to slow down a couple of times. Apparently, with enough begging and acting cute from Jinwoo’s side, Seunghoon was finally able to get them backstage for thirty minutes the most. Jinwoo was incredibly excited to be able to see everything before the show even began, and Seungyoon was exc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter