Chapter 3

Nothing More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

When Seungyoon was in a bad mood, he wrote music to feel better. It was a small little hobby he had developed during high school, but nothing that was too special. None of the songs were good. All of his friends said they were and that they had potential, but Seungyoon did not believe them; they were probably lying to make him feel better. The moment he got out of Taehyun’s dorm, he went straight to his small apartment. He took out a pencil, a notebook, and his guitar, and then he started writing; all his sad feelings, all his angry feelings, all his longing feelings, et cetera. Just as he was half done with the song, he received a call from his job. They wanted him to sing tomorrow as one of their other singers cancelled on them, and Seungyoon happily accepted. He then continued to work on the song agitatedly. He had a good feeling about it. He rarely had that feeling, so he wanted to make sure it was good for tomorrow. He did not expect to stay awake the whole night though.  

 

Then next morning, after five cups of coffee, two energy drinks, and a finished song, he was ready to tackle the day. He finished all of his classes with only one problem, he could not concentrate in any of them, and then he went home straight away to practice the song. The night came quickly, and Seungyoon drove to the restaurant. In backstage, he chugged another energy drink and made sure he was not missing anything. This was the first time he was performing his own song. Seungyoon suddenly thought of what would happen if Taehyun was there to cheer him own. His face got completely red as he thought of Taehyun smiling, clinging onto him, and saying “fighting!” every once in awhile. It would just be awkward. Plus, the song was about Taehyun, and shouldn’t Seungyoon be mad at Taehyun right now?

 

At nine o’clock, the act before him ended, and Seungyoon went out on stage. The only thing Seungyoon could hear was his heartbeat, not the chatter of people that were not even aware he was standing on stage. Seungyoon took a deep breath and went to where the microphone was. He closed his eyes and took another deep breath before he started strumming his guitar. He started to sing the song as best as he could, but he knew he had made some mistakes here and there. He was not a professional singer after all, and he was nervous. Still, he slowly caught a lot of people’s attention, and by the end of the song, a big part of the restaurant had been paying attention to him and cheered loudly when he was done. When the song was done, he received a standing ovation and cheers. It was the first time they had ever done that. Seungyoon felt so accomplished. He smiled widely and thanked the crowd with a bow.

 

Backstage, everyone was congratulating him and asking him about the song he sang. Seungyoon gladly answered all the questions asked with a slight smugness. Never had he felt this happy. He became the centre of everyone’s attention. Seungyoon wondered if this was what it felt to be famous. He really like the attention; maybe even craved it. Seungyoon loved this little job, and he suddenly regrets not choosing the idol life he could have probably easily gotten. Seungyoon sighed and after five or ten minutes if everyone still doting on him, he excused himself to pack up and go home.

 

When he finished packing his guitar, a man tapped him on the shoulder. Seungyoon turned around and looked at the man up and down and asked, “Um… Hello? What can I do for you?”

“Hello, I’m Mr Kim,” The man, Mr Kim, stretched his hand out for Seungyoon to shake it, which the latter did. “I work for an entertainment business back at Seoul, and I must say that I really like sure song.”

Seungyoon gulped, “Y-Yes?”

“I want to buy it,” Mr Kim said.

“W-What?” Seungyoon’s eyes widened.

“You heard me,” The man said, “How about 700,000 won?”

“S-Seven?” Seungyoon couldn’t believe it. His song was being bought. “It was that good?”

“Yes,” Mr Kim took out his checkbook. “I’m sure it could become really famous.”

What about me? Seungyoon wanted to ask so badly. I am good enough to be famous. Can I get discovered? “Um…”

Mr Kim looked up at Seungyoon and snickered. It was a slow snicker; almost malevolent. Mr Kim gave Seungyoon a bad feeling now. “Sorry, kid. You’re good, but I don’t scout people.”

“Oh, okay…” Seungyoon looked down, embarrassed. He was so easily read sometimes. Either that or Mr Kim had been through this a lot. Seungyoon gulped and looked up, “You know, I think I want to keep the song.” Seungyoon didn’t trust Mr Kim.

“Oh,” Mr Kim raised a brow and scratched what was written on the pay check and wrote down a new number. “How about 800,000?” He was trying to hide a smirk.

A noise that did not need to come out came out of Seungyoon’s mouth. 800,000? That could really help his family a lot. Seungyoon felt like he needed to take the offer. It was too tempting, too good. Seungyoon swallowed heavily and nodded, “Sure, I’ll take your offer.”

Mr Kim smirked and nodded, “Good choice, kid.” He ripped out the check and gave it to Seungyoon. Seungyoon accepted it with some hesitation. He still had a bad feeling. After that, he gave Mr Kim the lyrics and music sheets. Seungyoon had no other copies of the songs. After a handshake and a bow, Mr Kim walked away and left Seungyoon with a bad taste in his mouth.

 

That night, after he got home, Seungyoon called his mother and told her about the money. She almost popped his ear because of how loud she screamed of happiness. After a long talk with her since they have not seen each other since school started, Seungyoon was tempted to call Taehyun and tell him, but he just could not yet. Besides, Taehyun was probably hanging out with Minho (even though it was a little past midnight). Seungyoon shook his head and growled in frustration. There was no need to be thinking of Taehyun; especially when he probably never thought of Seungyoon. Seungyoon decided it was better to focused on getting ready for bed. He did not have to think of Taehyun. So he focused on getting ready, his body failing from exhaustion, and the moment his head hit the pillow, he was asleep.

 

The next day, Seungyoon called all his friends to have dinner that night at the same restaurant they had gone to after Taehyun’s play. It had okay priced good food, so everyone liked it. Seungyoon had made sure he got to sit next to Taehyun, which he did happily. Sadly, he forgot about the other chair next to Taehyun, and Minho gladly took that one. Not only that, but Taehyun decided it was better to pay Minho more attention, much to Seungyoon’s dismay. Jinwoo sat next to Minho, and Seunghoon in between Seungyoon and Jinwoo. Even though the sitting arrangement was better than last time, it still did not separate Minho and Taehyun. Seungyoon hated it. He was not going to show it though. It would be bad if he showed it. Instead, he acted happily and joyful as he told everyone about the 800,000 won he made with a song he had written. A song he was forgetting how to play or sing, as he did not have the music to it anymore, or the rights probably. That disappointed everyone at the table. The moment Seungyoon locked into Taehyun’s disappointed eyes, he all of a sudden wished he remembered how. Minho and Seunghoon had teasingly asked if Seungyoon was going to pay for their food with that money to which Seungyoon responded with a big hell to the no. After they ordered their food and it came to them, the table fell silent as everyone basically devoured their food. It almost seemed as if they had not eaten in months.

 

After a while, Seunghoon quickly looked up with wide eyes, “Oh, my goodness…”

“What?” Jinwoo looked at him with a raised brow. “Something wrong, Hoonie?”

“My show,” Seunghoon said as he slowly faced Jinwoo. “It’s in around a week.”

“Oh, yeah,” Taehyun said as he put his fork down. Seungyoon had noticed Taehyun was eating with his left hand even though he was a righty. His right hand fell uselessly on the other side of Taehyun. Seungyoon had the big urge to ask, but he felt that seeing a righty eating with their left hand was something weird to notice. He definitely had observed Taehyun too much.

“Our design is going great,” Minho smiled and put a hand on Taehyun’s shoulder. “I’m so glad they let him do this.” He looked at Taehyun, and the latter looked back and smiled. After that, Minho’s hand slowly slid down until it fell to the side, just like Seungyoon prayed it would.

“It better be, or else something will happen to you,” Seunghoon threatened weakly.

Minho laughed, “Sure.” They continued eating what was left, and when Minho finished, he asked, “If we do well, how long will we be gone?”

“Um…” Seunghoon started thinking. “We’ll be back around Christmas.”

“Aw, dang it,” Taehyun pouted, “I won’t be able to be in the Christmas production.” It was a cute pout. It made Seungyoon’s heart flutter.

Minho chuckled, “Don’t worry.” It was Seungyoon’s turn to pout. Don’t worry? Taehyun loves performing and it’s your fault he won’t be able to perform this time. Shut the up, Minho hyung. All this things Seungyoon wanted to say to the older. “All you have to do the month we are on tour is research a famous play writer and perform a scene from the most famous play they had written. You’ll at least be able to perform something.”

Taehyun nodded, “I guess you’re right.” Seungyoon wanted to scoff right then and there. For some reason, everything Minho did or said irritated Seungyoon to no end now.

“Wow, you guys will be gone for a long time,” Jinwoo said, slightly sad.

Seunghoon chuckled, “Yeah, I know.”

“You guys will leave me all alone,” Jinwoo pouted cutely.

“Aw, poor you,” Minho snickered and pinched Jinwoo’s cheek.

“Hey, I’m not going anywhere you know,” Seungyoon said to Jinwoo, slightly offended.

“Yeah, I know. It’s still going to be lonely without everyone else here,” Jinwoo smiled as best as he could; Minho was not done pinching his cheek. “And can you stop that, please,” He said and glared at Minho.

Minho was unaffected by it, “Sorry.” He pinched Jinwoo’s cheek a little harder before letting it go and patting it softly as he had left it red. Of course, part of that redness was because of the blush that ran all over Jinwoo’s face. It was a well-known fact that Jinwoo used to have a huge crush on Minho. He said he was over it, but his actions sometimes begged to differ. Seungyoon hoped that Jinwoo still had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter