Chapter 1

Nothing More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It started how most hookups probably start. They had gotten alcohol in their hands. They had just gotten accepted into the university they all wanted to go to and wanted to celebrate that success. What exactly happened in that party? Only God knew, but what Kang Seungyoon did know was that he woke up hungover and next to Nam Taehyun.  Seungyoon was in complete shock. He did not know how to react in moments like that. Taehyun, though, who had woken up a few minutes after Seungyoon, knew exactly how to react: with a sleepy “good morning” and continuing with his morning routine. He had put his clothes from last night on (they had woken up at Seungyoon’s apartment so it was not like he had any other clothes) and went to prepare breakfast. It had dumbfounded Seungyoon. How could Taehyun react so normally to any of this? Seungyoon was freaking out internally. He already liked Taehyun as more than a friend; he never thought he would sleep with him before any feelings were confessed.

 

Still, Taehyun reacting like that had to mean something. Something Seungyoon wanted to know. It slightly gave him hope. Maybe Taehyun reciprocated his feelings in some way. Seungyoon decided he would ask after taking a shower and getting dressed. After taking a shower and getting dressed, he went to the kitchen where Taehyun had prepared coffee and toast for the both of them. Seungyoon felt awkward being there. He did not know how to bring up the subject he desperately needed to talk about. After minutes of painfully awkward silence on Seungyoon’s side and drinking coffee to ease the hangover, he was able to open his mouth to say something.

 

“So… um…”

 

Taehyun put his cup down and looked at him, “Yes?”

How to do this? Seungyoon thought and looked down, “About last night…”

“Think nothing of it,” Taehyun said suddenly. Seungyoon looked at him with wide eyes. “We were both dead drunk. We didn’t know what we were doing. It means nothing, okay?” Taehyun said before taking a big chug of coffee and shuddering at the bitterness. “Argh, hot…” He muttered. Seungyoon couldn’t help but think how cute Taehyun looked at the moment. He formed a smile that did not reach his eyes. No matter how cute Taehyun looked at this moment, it did not change the fact that he was hurt at Taehyun for thinking last night meant nothing to him.

Still, it was not like he was going to say something about it. “Okay,” He said before taking a sip of his coffee. Taehyun smiled.

“Still my friend, still my hyung, right?” He asked; that smile still on his pretty face.

“Still your friend… Still your hyung…” Seungyoon answered looking at his coffee. And nothing more…

After that, they ate their toast in silence. This time, the silence was pretty comfortable, even though there were many words left unsaid on Seungyoon’s part.

 

After Taehyun finished with his toast and clapped his hands together, catching Seungyoon’s attention, “Ooh, we should call the other hyungs. See how they’re holding up.” He got out of his chair and went to the couch with his phone in hand. He then patted the area next to him in the couch for Seungyoon to sit next to him. Seungyoon shoved what was left of his toast in his mouth and went to sit next to Taehyun. “Let’s call Minho hyung first,” Taehyun said as he dialled Minho’s number and put it on speaker.

 

“Hello…?” Minho answered a few seconds later groggily.

“Minho hyung~” Taehyun answered with a smile.

“Ah, Taehyun!” Minho said, not sounding that groggy anymore.

“How are you holding up, hyung?” Taehyun asked.

“I’m holding up okay. Just hoping the hangover would go away soon,” Minho groaned. “You?”

“I’m okay, too. It hurts everywhere badly,” Taehyun laughed drily and scratched the back of his head.

“Urgh, I know. Be sure to drink lots fluids though, and take some aspirin, too,” Minho told him.

“You, too, hyung,” Taehyun smiled. There was some seconds of silence. “I woke up on Seungyoon hyung’s couch by the way. Can you believe that?” Taehyun lied and laughed drily again. Seungyoon raised an eyebrow. He didn’t really appreciate Taehyun lying.

“Seungyoon’s there? Hi, Seungyoon!” Minho said happily.

“Hi, hyung,” Seungyoon answered with a smile.

“Ah, man Taehyun… You got lucky… I woke up in Seunghoon hyung’s lawn! How the did I even get there?!” Seunghoon could be heard dying of laughter in the background. Seungyoon and Taehyun also laughed. “Shut up!” Minho yelled at Seunghoon. “He luckily opened the door after ten minutes of me knocking hard. He looked like he was about to kill me. He’s now letting me crash on the couch though,” Minho said to Taehyun and Seungyoon.

“That’s good,” Taehyun smiled softly. “Do you know anything of Jinwoo though?”

“Yeah, I called him a while ago,” Minho said. “He woke in his tub. Fell asleep in the middle of a bath. He was fine, just cold. He says we all owe him because he found two broken lamps, a broken window, and vomit on the carpet.”

“Ew,” Taehyun made a face. “Poor him…”

“Yeah… Anyway, I’ll be leaving you now,” Minho yawned, “My head is pounding. I need rest.”

“Okay. Goodbye, hyung. We’ll talk later,” Taehyun said.

“Goodbye,” Seungyoon said.

“Bye, guys,” Minho yawned again. A faint goodbye could be heard from Seunghoon in the background, and then Minho hanged up.

Taehyun laughed a little and put his phone on his pocket, “Even though I can’t remember half of it, last night was amazing.”

Seungyoon nodded in agreement, “Yes, definitely.” After that, silence filled them.

Taehyun then stood up after a couple of seconds and coughed, “Well then, I have to go now. Promised my mom I would visit her today.” He took his hand out and Seungyoon shook it. “I’ll see you later, hyung.”

“Bye,” Seungyoon said and hesitantly let go of Taehyun’s hand. Taehyun smiled and waved goodbye before leaving through the front door. Seungyoon watched every step he took and sighed. He would have to pretend that whatever happened last night never happened in the first place. He spent the rest of the day trying to convince himself nothing happened last night.

 

Seungyoon never thought forgetting something that he could not remember would be so hard.

 

As the days passed, Seungyoon would remember itsy-bitsy details of that night. Itsy-bitsy details that would make his face go all red, and he would have to splash his face with water and hide in the bathroom for long periods of time. He wondered if Taehyun was going through the same thing.

 

He received his answer about a month and a half after the big party. Having started university about a week and a half ago, Seungyoon was studying the subjects he had been taking when his phone rang. It was Taehyun. Seungyoon was confused at first. They had not really communicated since that day; only when the others were around. Still, his heart started beating fast when he saw it was Taehyun, but it did not stop him from asking what did Taehyun wanted.  “Hello, Taehyun?” He said when he answered the phone.

“Hyung…” Taehyun answered, slightly breathlessly.

Seungyoon leaned forward on his chair, “Taehyun, what’s up?”

Taehyun stayed quiet for a couple of seconds. Then he sighed, “Oh what am I doing? I’m sorry, Seungyoon hyung. I’m wasting your time.”

“Nah, nah, don’t say that,” Seungyoon smiled and leaned back. “You never waste my time, Taehyun. Now tell me what you were going to say.”

Taehyun gulped, “Don’t judge, okay?”

“Do I look like someone who judges?” Seungyoon raised a brow; curious of what Taehyun had to say.

Taehyun took a deep breath, “Well you know…” He stayed quiet again. “Argh, this is so embarrassing!” He said loudly. It almost hurt Seungyoon’s ear.

Seungyoon chuckled, “C’mon, Tae.”

Taehyun took another deep breath and quickly said, “You remember that day, right?”

Seungyoon raised a brow, “What day?”

“That day,” Taehyun said again, “you know, that day about one or two months ago.”

Seungyoon stayed quiet, thinking of what day he was talking about. “Do you mean that day? When we woke u-?”

“Yeah, that day!” Taehyun said quickly, interrupting the older.

Seungyoon gulped. Why was Taehyun mentioning that day? Has he been thinking about it just as much a Seungyoon? “What about that day?”

“Well, I’ve been thinking,” Taehyun gulped.

“Yeah…?” Seungyoon answered.

“I’ve been thinking… I’ve been thinking, um…” Taehyun hesitated, and Seungyoon stayed quiet as he waited for Taehyun to say what he wanted to say. “Maybe we could… maybe…”

“C’mon, spill it out, Taehyun,” Seungyoon said.

“Maybewecoulddoitagain,” Taehyun said it so quickly that it took a second for Seungyoon to realize what he had said, but once he did, his eyes widened.

“You m-mean h-have s-?” Seungyoon stuttered his words.

“I’ve been stressed lately, okay?!” Taehyun suddenly shouted. “What better way…” He then mumbled, but Seungyoon could not get a word out. Did Taehyun really just asked him to do the deed? Oh, my goodness… “You know what? Forget it, hyung. This conversation never happened, okay?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter