Play Date

On the List - Donghyun

The beautiful rays of sunshine warmed up the slightly cool air from the night prior. With the large playground structure before you, Chance let go of your hand as you smiled and sat underneath a nearby tree, pulling out your book and turning to the spot that you left off at.

“Good morning, beautiful” Donghyun smiled as he approached you, a smile curled on your face as you sat up tall.

“Hello handsome” You cooed as Donghyun moved a little toddler girl from his hip and placed her down on the grass.

“Play?” Clare pointed towards the park as you nodded.

“Stay with your brother” You called back as she quickly ran off to join Chance on the playground.

Easing himself down onto the grass beside you, his arms wrapped around you as you moved into his welcoming embrace. Returning your eyes to your book, a gentle breeze rustled the autumn turning leaves before a soft kiss was placed against your cheek and a little wild flower sat at the top of your book.

“What is this?” You questioned, lifting your hand up and taking the wildflower from his fingertips.

“Happy four year anniversary” Donghyun smiled against your skin as his grip around your waist slightly tightened.

“Happy four years with many more to come” You smiled and turned your head to kiss his cheek gently.

The two of you happily watching Chance and Clare play together on the equipment so thankful that a Daddy was on the grocery list that night.