Day 1 - Noon

Deerlings

"JIMIN! MY NAME IS JIMIN!" He shouted in excitement. The others looked at him with straight faces, while some smirked at the sight of his over joyment. The nervous wreck finally had a name to be called by, while he laid a hand on his head with relief. 

"Congratulations, Deerling." Jin smirked with not much care in his tone. He urged the group to hurry along and get their markings recorded, being that they had more ground to cover before the "big day" tomorrow.

   In a matter of minutes, the boys had found out their ages one by one. Our timid natured boy, Jimin, stood 20 years old. The tallest of the Deerlings, and definitely most rowdy, 21 years of age. Along with our 3 nameless Deerlings, V had to record them by description. As put down: "Pink", recorded by the color of his hair, stood 20 years old. "Slim", recorded by the feminine built body he had, stood 18 years old. And last, but not least, "Lips", recorded by what stood out the most, stood the oldest of the bunch at 22 years old.

"Hopefully your names will come back to you as lucky as it did with your mates," V spoke while writing down the last of the members dates, "If not, these will be your names 'till tonight at the bonfire."

"What bonfire?" Namjoon asked, never failing at requiring his information.

"It doesn't happen all the time, but usually when a new bunch of Deerlings show up. It's in celebration I guess you can say," Jungkook replied, "You'll get the chance of letting everyone know what you'd like to be reffered by. If not, you'll be known as the names we put down 'till you do come up with a name. Although, you'll have a harder time letting everyone know 'cause it'll be the only night everyone is all gathered in one place." he finished, walking back to the desk V sat at.

"And the only time where everyone is forced to hear you out," V laughed, handing Jin the book he recorded everyone's dates in, "Other than that, good luck getting the other boys to like you enough to have conversations. You'll be known as a silly nickname 'till you gain enough respect for everyone to call you by the name you finally come up with." 

"Don't worry, time is essance." Jin tried to comfort the shaken Deerlings. 

"And speaking of time, we need to leave. We have more places to be, more things to talk about, blah blah blah." Jin wrapped up, rolling his shoulders, getting a good grip on the notebook, and headed for the exit.

"We'll come along, we got nothing better to do 'till the bonfire." Jungkook insisted, giving V a light slap on the back of his head. V shot a glare at the juvenile, rising from his seat and shoving his hands into his pockets.

 

   And the group was off, exiting 51 and heading for 57, where the newbies would be laying their heads to rest. They walked along a path of gravel, with trees spaced apart along the road. A few other boys who walked by, gave fist bumps to the three who lead the Deerlings up front. They talked and laughed normally, looking back at the bunch here-and-there to check up. All the newbies were doing was scoping their sorrounding area. They spotted what looked like 2 warn out tennis courts, watching as other boys were working and setting up something big. Almost like there was going to be an event happening.

"There's where you'll be sleeping, boys!" Jin shouted with sarcastic upliftment, pointing at a series of large brown buildings. There was 8 of them, 4 in a row on opposite sides of each other. They were tall dorms, obviously having to be big enough to fit an entire community of raging teenagers. As they got closer, there were 4 little dorms right between the taller buildings. They were gray, and were dorms for the teens who ranked higher than the others, like V and Suga for example.

"Welcome to 57, Deerlings," Jin said while turning to them, but continued to walk backwards, "The bigger buildings are for chumps like you guys. You'll get used to the little privacy." He laughed, spinning his self around to walk normally.

   As they zig-zagged through groups of boys that lounged around outside, Jin lead the boys into a dorm building, continuing to bob and weave their way through never ending waves of boys. The boys had to admit, it did feel a little home-y with the bits of laughter and conversations floating around the building. Some of them were fixing up their beds, some were running around chasing each other, some were even making music by banging on empty buckets and metal pans.

   As they continued their journey, they reached a room on the second floor that was fairly messy, but it contained 2 sets of bunk beds. Jungkook shooshed out a couple of boys who were doing mischeif, while V made no hesitation in throwing his self onto a bed on the bottom bunk.

"It's usually 4 to a room, you guys luckily got an entire room to yourselves," Jin explained, "We... lost the group which used to stay here a couple of weeks before you guys arrived." The mood turned a bit gloomy.

"Good luck staying in a haunted room!" V immidiately tried to brighten Jin's personality, knowing exactly why Jin started to go downhill.

"But, what do you mean you 'lost the group'? 4 boys all at once?" Jimin totally disregarded V's joke.

"Wouldn't you like to know.." V whispered under his breath, rolling his eyes as he felt some type of way after his joke was ignored.

"It's none of your business what happened to the last group who stayed here. We lose boys all the time, it's just the part of surviving life here in this crap hole," Jin's mood did not stray away, "You'd do yourself and everyone else a favor by staying alive and helping the rest of us out." He sassed, making his leave at that very moment. The Deerlings, even V and Jungkook, watched awkwardly as the baby-faced male barged his way out of the room.

"Make yourselves comfortable. This is your home now, so just leave the questions about your old life behind," Jungkook gathered his self, "Bonfire's at sundown. Follow the rest of the boys if you haven't got a clue." He finished, seeming like he was going to chase down his friend as he ran out after him.

"And then there was 6." V chuckled, dusting invisible dirt off his self. Namjoon flashed a glare at Jimin, almost like he was signaling him for something. Jimin however, remembered the last time Namjoon gave him that glare on the helicopter, and didn't find any type of "signal" in it at the time. But at the moment Namjoon stood up to swiftly take his leave as well, Jimin realized maybe the glares from the tall fellow wasn't harmful at all. Maybe he did mean something behind the deathly look he gave him, he just wasn't paying enough attention.

   And from there, Jimin looked around at the other boys, having a slight look of nervousness in his eyes. It was a look like he was going to do something, but didn't know if he shoud do it. He looked at V mouthing something to Namjoon as he took off, but couldn't hear anything coming out of his mouth. It was probably something spiteful, but all he could think about was 'Should I do it?'. With his final decision, the volume of the world came back to him, making a run for it himself.

"What the is wrong with everyone right now?" V said, rising from his seat as well. He looked at the final 3 who were just as confused as he was, and decided he just did not give a about what was going on. The whole situation was just not in his character, and knew exactly what he was going to do as he blurt out his last words before he took his leave, "I'm hungry...".

( "Pink's" P.O.V. )

 

"I'm hungry..." Pink heard V mumble, as he watched the boy carelessly leave the room. He turned to look at the last 2 members he was left with, deciding whether to say something, or just bask in the awkward silence.

"Well that was something." The boy named Lips beat him to the punch. He looked the cleanest of them all, and Pink was a little jealous of that. His hair fell straight, with a slight sway to the right. V was right about one thing, his lips definitely did stand out the most. They looked naturally plump, and had a perfect blush pink hue to them. He was slim built as well, standing at a good 6 feet even. 

"I call top bunk, by the way." Lips added, climbing onto the top bunk, comfortably laying himself out.

"Are you guys really ok with this?" Pink let out, taking a seat next to Slim on the bottom bunk.

"I mean, what else do we do? It's just like Jungkook said, leave the questions about our old life behind. If we can't even ask questions, minus well just roll with the punches." Lips replied carelessly.

"How do you feel about this, Slim?" Pink moved on to ask the next member.

"Don't call me that. It's a stupid name." Slim hissed, deciding maybe he should make himself comfortable as well.

"And by the way, this is my bed." He continued to sas.

   All Pink could do was sigh, feeling like maybe he was the only one who felt like he wasn't safe at all. "How could everyone be so nonchalant about this? A group of boys died in this mysterious place, and Jin said it happens all the time!". He didn't want to die, he couldn't remember a thing about the life he had before, but he knew he must have had one. Three boys then strolled into the room, adding to the stressful mood and invited themselves in. Two of them stood tall and lengthy, while the one in the middle was just about 2-4 inches shorter than his mates.

"What's up Deerlings," they giggled, "Why the long faces?"

"Get the out." Lips, not even raising his head to see who entered, immiately clapped back.

"Whoa, hahaha, pretty saucy that one, eh boys?" The one in the middle sarcasticly giggled. The two taller boys, not respecting 'personal space', invited theirselves to have a seat on each bottom bunk. Slim and Pink, who sat on both sides, just eyed them out while they sat next to them.

"Lets not get ahead of ourselves, not before introductions at least," the middle one continued to play, "The name's D.O. These here are my two mates, Kris and Tao."

"D.O, huh? I'm guessing you didn't remember your name, chump." Lips immidiately still bringing the sas to the table.

"You stupid fuc-- Heh..., and what might your name be, hmm?" D.O starting to get aggrivated, but trying to keep his image cool and collected. Lips finally rose from his comfortable position, getting his first look at the three.

   He laughed, "Certainly not D.O. of course. What does that stand for? Dicking Octopus?" his Deerling mates began to laugh along. Kris, as D.O. called, firmly grabbed onto Slim's thigh, giving him a warning.

"Get your ing hands of--" Pink tried to stand up for his new mate, but was immidiately cut off by Tao; his hand cupping over Pink's mouth, while his other arm wrapped around Pink's shoulder, holding Pink almost in a choke hold like manner.

"Now, now fellas', they're newbies. We were once Deerlings before, right?" D.O. calmly told his allies, "We'll let them live for now. We just came to greet them, remember?" He nodded his head, signaling his boys to get up.

"Lets get along, ok? After all, we're the head of this dorm. If you have any questions, feel free to ask." D.O. finished, having his last giggle before he and the other two exited.

"Wait!" Pink called, the others pausing in their steps, "Why were you guys cheering for us when we first came?"

"Don't get ahead of yourself," D.O. turned back to look at the pink haired boy, "They weren't cheering for you, they were cheering for the perks that come with you." he said putting emphasis in 'They', stating that it wasn't D.O. who was cheering, but the other boys.

"Perks?" Lips suddenly became interested in what the snobs had to say.

"Yes, Fruit Loop, perks. Everytime a group of Deerlings show up, Game show up. You're looking at the very group that goes out to hunt and provide for this dorm." D.O. sassed.

"Don't forget about the Holy River," Tao added, "The use of the showers come back, and the river banks start flowing again, providing fresh water to last us 'till the next bunch of Deerlings arrive." 

"Wait, what are you talking about?" Pink asked once more.

"Dude," D.O. eyed out the pink haired male, "When ever a new bunch of Deerlings arrive, animals start showing up for us to go and hunt the next day. The Holy River starts flowing as well. We call it the Holy River because it provides fresh water to drink, and it makes the showers in 51 work again."

"And man, does it feel good to take a shower after all this time." Kris hopped in.

"It doesn't last for long though, so we're on a time limit to get food and water to last." D.O. started to wrap things up, "And tomorrow's the big day! So I suggest you get your night's worth of sleep, because everyone contributes to Yonsei-S."

"So it seems like you should be thanking us, instead of harrassing us." Lips barked.

"Right... Thank you, for adding to the many mouths we already have to feed." D.O. sarcastically replied, taking his leave with his mates.

"What ing jack-offs." Lips let out, returning to his laying position.

   Pink noticed his feminine mate starting to tear up, wondering if he should go and comfort him or just leave him be. When he started to let out the sniffling sounds, Lips felt another type of way as he heard them.

"Slim, are you crying?" He leaned over the top bunk's rail to have a look, "What the , Slim? Get a grip of yourself, they're weak fools." he said a bit irritated.

"You won't last a second here if you let them know they're getting the best of you." he mentioned, trying to re-position himself in a comfortable place.

   Pink totally agreed with him, knowing exactly what he was talking about. Although, he did feel a bit of remorse for Slim, also knowing that not everyone can be as brave as Lips is. He got up to show some support by messing the younger's hair a bit, before taking a peek out their window. The sun was almost at a set, painting the sky a dreamy orange sherbert color. He gazed upon it, remembering Jungkook's words, thinking that he might be right. The sky he's looking at now will be the sky he'll be looking at every day from now. It's a change he'll have to accept, until he decides otherwise.

( Jimin's P.O.V. )

 

   With his final decision, the volume of the world came back to him, making a run for it himself. He could hear V yell something from behind, but all he tried to focus on was his taller aquaintance slowly disappearing in the crowd of boys. He knew that if he followed, something would happen. He didn't know what would happen, but he wasn't about to let the moment slip from his hands.

   He bumped into some boys, and got cussed at here and there, but he needed to catch up with Namjoon. All he could give out was, "Sorry!"' and, "Excuse me!" for now, brushing off the names he was being called. Finally getting out of the building, sunlight struck his eyes as he put a hand up to shade them. He stood at the doorway of the dorm, trying to catch his breath and quickly scope out Namjoon at the same time. Huffing and puffing, his eyes could not catch him, going from crowd to crowd not being able to spot him. "How could I lose him!? He's a freaking giant for god's sake!"

"So you decided to come along." Namjoon called out. A slight grin grew on Jimin's face, as he finally spotted the taller fellow. They both greeted each other with a grin, Jimin a little thrown off by the first smile he got from Namjoon; other than icy glares.

"Hurry up, we're gonna miss them." Joon called, letting the lad catch up. They both zipped through waves of bodies, their mission being to catch up with Jin and Jungkook. Crazy as it seems, they spotted the two making their way back to 51, Jungkook's arm over Jin's shoulders.

"There they are!" Namjoon puffed, continuing to run along side Jimin. As they got closer, Namjoon started to call out for the superiors, actually catching their attention. They turned around a little shocked at the scene, not knowing if they should be upset or curious about what they were doing.

"Wha--" Jin suddenly interupted, "We'd like to know about what happened to the last group!" Namjoon obnoxiously spat, putting his hands on his knees; scurrying to catch his breath. Jimin a little late at the scene, heard Namjoon say, "We" not knowing whether to jump in and assure that he's not apart of this, or to just let things fall in place.

"Didn't I tell you guys it's none of you--" Jin interupted once more, "Jin," Jungkook gave him a look of reassurance. Jin refused to talk about the last group, and felt that anyone, especially people who just arrived, did not need to know about the last group either. Jungkook's face did not make Jin feel differently, but it did make him change his mind about yelling at the two.

"Follow me." Jin said firmly. From the path Jin started to walk, Jungkook knew exactly where he was going to take them. He looked at the two Deerlings still in place, Namjoon starting to move once he met eyes with him, then nodding his head to signal Jimin to go along. As Jimin followed, he looked back at Jungkook who was not following along, watching him flash a slight smile before turning around to tail the two other boys.

 

 

   They paced quietly, Namjoon looking back at Jimin to exchange looks, then turning back around to continue on. Jimin looked ahead to catch a glimpse of where they were going, noticing they were heading straight for the giant steel wall. He could spot a hollow rectangle with digital letters in it. It was small, and hard to read where they were, but he knew it would blow up in size once they reached the wall.

   As they approached, they were met by 2 boys who acted as gaurds, lounging at the wall. It wasn't really just a wall though, as it become clearer that there was actually a giant gate. The letters were now clear enough to read, as it displayed, "XII.IV.MCMXCII". Jin shoo'd off the two boys who guarded the gate, staring up at the giant, digital display.

"What is this?" Namjoon asked.

"This is 52. The North Gate. We call it The Clock," Jin replied, "It's been here longer than any of the others have. I'm pretty sure you recognize the letters on the display." His eyes still on the clock.

"Yeah, it looks like the markings on our wrist." Jimin added.

"Sure is. This thing turns on when a person's date is nearing. Usually only the last part of the code, which is the year, shows. When a person's actual date is nearing, it'll add the Month and the Day. This year is the year of the 92' babies."

"The people born in 1992?" Namjoon asked.

"Yup. When the day it displays actually comes, The Clock will start to speak. It'll repeat that person's date like an annoying alarm clock until that person shows up before the gate. We've figured out it only turns on when a person is to reach the age of 24. Why? We haven't figured that out yet, but rumor believes you've been blessed to go back home once you've reached the age of 24." Jin explained, turning to look at the two Deerlings before holding out his wrist. 

   As they inspected, Jimin looked back up at the gloomy boy, "It's... your date."

   Jin closed his eyes, turning back around to look back up at the clock,"I don't know if it's true, you know? A part of me is ecstatic that I actually get to leave this dump, but another part of me is just torn that I have to leave. You know what I mean?" Jin looked for a sentimental reply, but got dead silence in return.

"Thought so... You guys just arrived, of course you wouldn't know what I mean." He became quiet himself.

"Why don't you just stay then?" Namjoon asked.

"We've tried that... We've tried everything... We've tried leaving when it was other people's time to leave, but the gate wouldn't open until that one person alone was standing there. If that person never left in time, that person would some how become fatally ill, not even making 'till the next day. We've tried hiding 'till the gate opened, rushing through with the person who was leaving. But when they did make it through, the gate would re-open and in came the dead bodies of the people who tried sneaking out, along with the corpse of the person who was supposed to leave." Jin continued to explain.

"Some even tried staying on their own terms, hiding and ignoring the call of The Clock, but again, would get sick if they never left, dying the next morning."

   The Deerlings could only listen in vein, starting to understand where Jin was coming from. He was happy he was leaving, but sad that he has to leave the others behind. Chills rode up Jimin's spine, making the hairs stand up at his neck and arms. He could only think about what would happen when his time came. He had a good chunk of years to spend here, if he survived long enough that is, and didn't want to end up like the person before him; getting close to people and then having to leave them behind.

"It's never ending. We try to leave, we die. We leave the safe part of Yonsei to gather supplies to survive, we die. For all I know becoming 24 years old, you die. No one really knows if you actually leave the place," Jin started to laugh like a maniac, " I don't know what they want, no one knows what they want!" He yelled, starting to become abusive, picking up rocks from the floor and flying them at the gate.

   Jimin reached out to say something, but Namjoon held him back, giving him a 'let him be' look. The two just let him tire his anger out, only being able to watch him with remorse. "He said something about dying when we leave the safe part of Yonsei too.." Jimin thought to himself, "Was he talking about the non-humans again? What the hell is happening here..".The date on the monitor, stood for December 4th, 1992. Jin would turn 24 tomorrow.

( 3rd person P.O.V. )

 

   As the skies were dimming, it was just about that time where the community of boys gather to celebrate the coming of game to eat, and fresh water to bathe in and drink. The Deerlings arriving right on schedule, as food and water started to run low. The Deerlings who traveled to 52 was soon taken back to 57, dropped off by Jin. Reunited as a whole again, the Deerlings shared information both groups had learned about what would happen tomorrow, and what would happen when you turn 24. It was a steady going discussion, definitely bringing the Deerlings closer as a whole. They needed to stick together, being that they all had something in common that could not be shared with the rest of the community: they were Deerlings.

   They followed the instruction Jungkook gave them before he left, tailing the community of boys when they all started to leave for the bonfire. Already the fire burned sky high, as people danced around them to the music being played by instruments made of meer scrap items. It was a huge fire, both in width and height. It was hard to stick together, as the crowd of raging teens could not help but become wild for they knew they would eat good tonight.

   Usually, whatever food and water was saved 'till this event, was all put on the line. Going from 2 small meals a day, to an endless feast tonight. There would be much more animals to hunt in the morning, so they could eat as much as they wanted in the blessed night of life. 

   As the 5 tried sticking together, they made their way to an empty log which they could all sit together on. There was huge logs everywhere, for people to sit and relax, or for some people like J-Hope, who could be spotted from a far, standing on to dance the music to. 

"They really are out doing themselves tonight, huh?" Pink yelled, trying to raise his voice over the music and loud voices.

"It's still weird to me, I'm not sure how to have fun in a time like this." Jimin replied, still kind of shaken of today's earlier events.

"All I know is that, I'm hungry," Lips looked at the others and laughed, "Let's go get our grub on?" Namjoon and Slim did not hesitate to agree.

"I'm alright, I'll go for food later," Pink turned the offer down, "Yeah, I'm not that hungry at the moment either." Jimin also decided.

"Nonsense, do you see how much people there are? The food could be gone at any moment!" Slim yelled, sparking a chuckle out of the group.

"We'll get you food, no worries." Namjoon insisted, Slim nodding his head in agreement. Lips, still a bit cold in the personality shrugged his shoulders. He knew he wasn't about to get them food, so it's a good they had Namjoon and Slim.

   As the three of them left, it gave time to the two Deerlings who somewhat felt the same way about the current situation to converse.

"Remember what V said? About the whole choosing our names thing?" Pink started the conversation. Jimin nodded while his eyes traveled through out the boys, watching them act like beasts.

"I haven't remembered my name yet. I don't want to introduce myself to everyone as 'Pink'." They both chuckled a bit.

"Why not? It suits you well!" Jimin laughed, messing with the lads hair, "Do you even remember how your hair got that color?"

"I don't remember a thing! I, myself don't know what I was thinking letting this happen to my hair!" they continued to laugh.

"Well, at least you're not the only one. Imagine when V first showed up, they probably gave him the name 'Green'!" the two of them just kept giving each other reasons to let go of the worry, and just live in the moment.

   As their laughter died down, Pink's face started change emotion.

"I'm scared..." he said with little emotion.

"Hey," Jimin put a hand on his shoulders, "Just remember, you're not going through this alone." Pink looked up at Jimin to be greeted with a comforting smile. Jimin was right, he had 4 other people he could relate to, and being scared shouldn't be in his personality.

"Yoooooo!" A male voice rang from behind them. The voice was followed by the gathering of loud banging sounds, from the rest of the boys banging anything that they could hit that was nearby, like a domino effect. Soon enough, the whole community was banging on something in a symphony. Pink and Jimin looked around, a little confused but more curious. Something was about to go down, and they knew it.

   J-Hope stood on a pedistool, high enough to see over the sea of boys. He motioned the crowd to die the noise down, serving his leader role with a dashing smile. The fire burned high and mighty behind him, giving him an astounding backdrop. It made his role as a leader look way more rooted. If you didn't know then, you would have to know now, J-Hope was that guy. The guy who makes things happen.

 Yonsei-S| (Click on the picture below to see the entire map of Yonsei~)

 

 

 

tumblr_ntnyloISmI1udcp56o3_250.png
bkgrnd_zpszvc83hwk.png
End of Chapter Notes
▴ YOOOO! Chapter 2 is finally here! Hopefully the length is just right!
▿ A lot of information was received this chapter! First off we new people, our Exo boys D.O, Kris, and Tao made an appearance.
▴ They explained the reason why they are happy when Deerlings come: Animals show up to hunt for food, and the Holy River arrives for Fresh Water and to take showers.
▿ Our Jimin and Rapmon got a taste of adventure, while Jin broke down and explained 52 (The North Gate) and what happens when you make the age of 24.
▴ And finally our Deerlings are taking their minds off of the strange place the showed up to, and having a good time at the bonfire! But they should be prepared, for they are supposed to let the community know what name they'd like to be called by!
▿ This should be interesting guys! Thank you for everyone who applied again, and for those of you who also subscribed!! I'm so thankful for each and every one of you!
▴ (Btw, remember those pictures in the Description and Forward section? Now that we've met the boys, look forward to some cool effects next chapter~ Hehe)

Today's actually Jin's birthday (Editing this as of Sunday December 4th, 2016) Where Jin is ACTUALLY turning 24 today <3

Crazy how the story "some how" matches up Lololol.

Make sure to send Jin Oppa "Happy Birthday Jin!" comments on:

BTS's instagram: @bts.bighitofficial

BTS's Facebook: @bangtang.official