Day 1

Deerlings

     A loud drop snapped his attention into place, followed by a voice he knew he would never forget, "Welcome to 51, Deerlings." 

     No one responded, as the voices of the crowd started dying down. The new arrivals had no idea how to react, there was blatant worry painted all over their faces. Some still looking around, some not even remotely there.

"Tough crowd.." The boy mumbled. He had black, straight hair with a slight sway to it. His main feature grabbing attention was his nose. It stood out like the only trophy on an empty shelf. 

"The name's J-Hope." He introduced, studying the noobs. "You guys look terrible." He chuckled. The others laughing along.

"Look at that one, can't even focus!" "Complete Deerlings this bunch," "What's up with that one? That our first girl?" "Bless that fool, bet he already pee'd himself!"

"Yo, shut your food holes!" J muted the riled boys, "You were all here once before!"

"You," he shot a glare at the frightened lad, "Do you remember anything?"

     The boy looked around a bit, his eyes meeting every other pair of eyes he came in contact with. They were all waiting for a reply, not making him feel any more stable than he had already come.

"Hey," he now met eyes with J-Hope as he raised an eyebrow.

"I-- I don't remember anythin-" The boy had been cut off by a commotion going on in the crowd of teens.

     Everyone shifting their attention to what was happening, J-Hope immidiately went into action. The nervous wreck's eyes followed J-Hope down the line he broke through the crowd, catching a glimpse of two boys having a scuffle. It was the taller fellow who had those peircing eyes in the fight. His height had no advantage to him though, when the shorter lad slipped his grasp, landing a clean right hook to his chin.

"Aye! Suga! Break it the up man!" J-Hope screamed, wrapping his arms around the boy he called, "Suga".

"It was this Deerling's fault!" Suga huffed, emphasizing the 'Deerling', "He tried sneaking off during judgement!" he finished, still trying to catch his breath. Suga, as J-Hope called him, wasn't as short as the taller lad. He looked a good 176 centimeters tall, with a similar hairstyle to J-Hope's, just a little brighter hue to it. 

"Judgement? What the is Judgement!? What the hell is this entire thing!? Where the hell am I!?!?" The taller boy screamed, raising octovates after every question. He still layed on the ground, with the support of his elbow holding his upper body up.

     Two other boys from the crowd forced him up onto his feet, holding onto both arms with rough and careless intent.

"Calm down, I understand where you're coming from." J-Hope said with some maternal care added to his tone. He turned around to give his buddy, Suga, a pat on the shoulder, telling him to go clean himself off and take a breather.

"Judgement is where you.." Hope starting to silently count the heads of the newly arrivals, "You 5? Huh.. Smaller group this time.. But, you 5 will be judged for where you'll stand in this community." He finished.

"Why do we have to be judged?" A voice now coming from the slimmer, more feminine built boy.

"That's just how it works around here. Especially from the last 2 groups that showed up.. If you show to be of good use, you'll be put in groups where you'll help out 51, and every other number in the community." J-Hope explains, shooing his former group members off the taller boy.

"If you fail to get along and co-operate, what good are you here if all you're going to do is cause trouble? You can say 'Bye-Bye' and see how long you last out in Yonsei." He and the others who also knew about this, Yonsei, had a chuckle together.

"Now, before we get into more detail, I need to know if any of you remember anything," J looked back and foward between the Deerlings, "Even the smallest things count. Some of us were lucky enough to get our names back. Some of us are still dumb founded and had to cope with the fact that this place, will be the only thing we remember." He let out a small sigh after finishing up his last sentence.

"Now, if you're lucky enough to get your name back, good for you. If not, you can pick a new one if you want, but make it good. You don't get to pick again." He finished, giving a chance for the newbies to finally speak.

"Namjoon." Everyone turned back to look at the taller boy who caused the fight. 

"My name's Namjoon." He said with a deep voice, wiping a bit of the blood he had left on his lip from the punch.

"Heh," J-Hope smirked, "That was quick. Probably even faster than Jin remembering his name."

J-Hope looked at the other newbies, giving them a chance to speak up. Although he was left with silence, for none of them knew what to say.

"Welp, you guys arrived earlier than usual. So you have the rest of the day to figure it out." He began to walk away, meeting up with a boy from the crowd.

"Jin, it's still early enough to take them around 51 and what-not, right?"

"Bleh, more or less." The boy replied. Jin, as J-Hope spoke about, is a little taller than his other mate, Suga. Maybe about 2 centimeters taller, but he was just as thin as the newbie with the long hair. His hair was straight, but shaggy from the minimum washes, falling well below his eyes.

"Alrighty then," J-Hope spoke, messing with his mate's hair, "You'll do well here, boys. Lighten up, and everyone will soon come to embrace you." He said while making his leave, instantly disappearing in the crowd of boys.

     Everyone else started to make their leave as well, going on their merry way to get back to their schedule. Jin walked up to the lost souls, both hands burried in his pockets. He took a good look at each of them before nudging his head, signaling the boys to follow him without saying a word.

     They watched him walk away, still hesitant and confused to make a move. Looking at one another to see what the other was going to do. 

"We don't have all day, Deerlings." Jin looking at them over his shoulders, giving them an irritated glare.

     Finally starting to take their first steps, they followed this stranger named 'Jin', hoping to come to some type of peace with their given situation.

 

"Alright, Deerlings. First things first, we're going to meet a good buddy of mine," Jin explained to them while they walked up huge flights of steps. They were huge both in width, and in height. Looking up from the bottom, they had a long way to go.

"He'll make sense of this whole, 51 ordeal. A skilled boy indeed that one, after me of course." He giggled, turning back to see if they were laughing along. What he got was 5 faces of 'I-Dont-Give-A-' and a cold bowl of silence. 

"Geesh," He mumbled under his breath, "Anyway, he has a natural talent for drawing. He was able to map Yonsei, which he still considerably is still mapping, but for the most part he's pretty much got it down." 

"What is Yonsei?" One of the other quiet voices started to speak.

"This is Yonsei!" Jin opened up his arms, spanning them left to right to show that the entire place was pretty much Yonsei.

"All land inside from the North steel wall corners, to the South steel wall corners. Arriving here 2 years ago, we've found that this was a University. We're not sure what happened to it, but it was in plain sight to see 'Yonsei University' posted up everywhere around the campus." Jin explained, giving a 'Wassup' nod to a couple boys passing by.

"What are the walls for?" Another voice asked.

"Bleh, we haven't figured it out yet. Everything we've tried doing to find out doesn't work. Besides, we hardly know anything about the South Wall as well," Jin continues while the group keeps heading up more flights of stairs.

"We just know what keeps us safe, and that we're trying to make a living; slowly but surely finding out everything else we need to know as time goes on."

"Keep us safe? Is that what J-Hope talked about? When he said how long we'd last out there?" The nervous wreck asked, feeling himself starting to loosen up.

"Exactly my friend," Jin laughed a bit, "We're not the only ones inside this giant trap hole. There are those steel walls that keep us in, and then we have gates that were already here to keep anything non-human out of 48-57." Jin now stopping at the top of the stairway, putting the group at a halt.

"Yes, I said non-human," He sarcasticly let out, already knowing what the next question was.

"You do not go out of those gates, no if, and's, or buts. No questions asked." The tone in his voice became stern.

"Wait--"

"No Questions Asked, Deerling." Jin shut it down immidiately. 

     He continued on his way, while the group of newbies slowly followed behind. The information Jin told them shook them up a little. Non-humans? What exactly could he be talking about? Are we sure that we're safe? Things just keep getting more interesting, and they did not know how much more they could handle. But the silence was broken--

"Why do you guys keep calling us 'Deerlings'?" Namjoon now starting to get involved in the conversation.

"Heh," Jin stopped the pace again, "We keep calling you that, because you are that. You're helpless Deerlings, at the bottom of the food chain," his voice starting to become aggressive.

"You guys don't know anything, you guys can't fend for yourselves, you guys are nothing. Easiest to pick off from the pack." His bi-polar voice tone now starting to sound amused, as he let out a chuckle.

"What the hell is that all about--"

"You have no right!" Jin snapped, looking directly into Namjoon's eyes. Jin's eyes were more of a baby's eyes when they get upset, but the feeling and mood behind that look could totally be felt by the others.

"You have no right, and as a Deerling, you'll always be one... 'Till you prove yourself otherwise." His stormy attitude now at a calm, collected manner. 

     By-standers who stopped what they were doing at the sound of Jin snapping, now awkwardly continued to carry on with their duties. The group continued to walk to their destination, not long before reaching it.

"Alright," Jin prepared himself, "Oh, I forgot to mention. Another buddy of mine inside will also tell you about the markings on your wrists."

     Markings? The boys never noticed the markings at all. As they all looked down to notice it for the first time, they noticed that each marking wasn't in the same pattern as the others. They were letters in black coloring, but only consisting of X's, V's, and I's. Some of the boys tried scratching at it, but it seemed like it was apart of their skin, like a tattoo. 

"Have you guys not noticed them?" Jin asked, noticing the curious looks on the Deerlings faces. He let out a teasing giggle, shaking his head like he was embarrased with the bunch of teens.

"God, help this clueless bunch..." 

     Jin opened the door, taking the boys attention from their wrist to the room before them. Jin lead the group inside, revealing a pretty spacious room. It was filled with bookshelves, desks, and mounts of paperwork scattered all over the room. One thing catching their attention was a giant map posted on a pillar. It was surely the first thing you'd see when entering the room.

"Yo guys, the Deerlings are here!" Jin called out, immidiately making himself comfy on a worn down couch, a bit of dust seeping out into the air as he did so.

     A boy who looked way younger than the others stood up from a desk he seemed to be working at. His hair, like the others, fell a dusty black, needing a wash. It seemed like his hair was a bit thicker, and a little stiffer. 

"Deerlings, this is Jungkook. The guy who goes to work with a pencil," they all looked at him as he nodded a 'Wassup' to them. 

"He's another lucky one who's name came back to him."

"Yeah, yeah, who cares.." A deeper voice echoed from the opposite side of the room. Jungkook only responded with a sarcastic laugh, knowing he had the upper hand if it came down to a teasing game.

"Aye look, V, another kid with colored hair! Guess you're not the only one now!" Jin laughed, pointing out the Deerling with the pale pink hair.

     V, as Jin introduced, walked out from behind a aluminum shelf filled with books of all sizes. He had very a distinct look to him, from his darker skin tone, to the patch of teal color he had stained on his bangs. He eyed out the Deerling Jin pointed out before walking up to him, carelessly grabbing his wrist.

"What the hel--" 

"20 years old?" V interupted, still studying the marking on his wrist.

"Wh- What?" The boy responded.

"The markings on your wrist, they stand for your birth date." V explained, as the boy retreived his wrist out of his hands. 

"O- Oh. My bad," He awkwardly mumbled.

"Here," he went back to the bookshelf and shuffled through shelves of books, dropping numerous before finding the one he wanted.

"You Deerlings may not remember, but those markings are roman numerals. I still haven't learned much about them, but it's a system the Roman's used to keep track of their numbers." V explained, waving for the group to come check out the book he had.

"Putting two-and-two together, the symbols on our wrist create a date. Our birth date." 

"And we'll be needing those dates, once V's done decoding them." Jin hopped in, making his way from the couch to the group of Deerlings.

     Before Jin could say more, he noticed one of the newbies still standing at the doorway. It was the nervous wreck. He looked completely phased out, not responding to Jin as he called out to him.

"He's remembering something," Jungkook stated, walking over to the Deerling.

"It's the same look you had, Jin, when we first arrived. We thought something was wrong with you, but you came back and mumbled your na--"

"Jimin.." he panted, actually starting to grow a grin on his face.

"JIMIN, MY NAME IS JIMIN"

 

Check out the map of the university below! |

( p.s - This is just where  they're at and allowed to roam. You can click on it to view the ENTIRE map, and see where they aren't allowed to go ( ^ 3 ^ )/ ) |

 

 

 

 

tumblr_ntnyloISmI1udcp56o3_250.png
bkgrnd_zpszvc83hwk.png
End of Chapter Notes
▴ Wassup guys! First chapter's finally up, and I need some feedback on the length of the chapter though. Too long? Too short? Please let me know in the comments!
▿ You guys finally got to meet all the BTS boys! And see some action between Rapmon and Suga lol
▴ We got mysterious markings, A map of the run down university, and Non-Humans *Imaginary crowd gasping*
▿ You guys finally got to know what 'Deerlings' mean, and where the Title of the story comes from! Woot`
▴ I'm just super thankful that you guys have read this far! I honestly can't thank you guys enough and from the bottom of my heart, thank you thank you thank you for reading my story ♥
▿ The Deerlings have yet to witness the rest of the numbers other than 51 yet, so please stay tuned!!
▴ (Btw, remember those pictures in the Description and Forward section? Now that we've met the boys, look forward to some cool effects next chapter~ Hehe)