Chapter 3

Runs in the Family

About 2 weeks after the incident Yoongi was leaning against his car, arms folded and leather jacket on. The parking lot was full but quiet as he waited for Jimin to get out. If those bullies were gonna beat Jimin again, he was ready to kick some . He turned his head towards the door as he heard the bell ring. Students started flowing out of the building. After a few minutes, there still wasn’t any sign of Jimin and Yoongi was starting to worry. He was about to run in when he saw Jimin walk out. But he wasn’t alone. He had his hand linked with a girl’s. His heart seized. It contorted into a knot as he saw the two smiling at each other. It was hard to stay calm and collected when Jimin spotted him and dragged the giggling girl behind him.

“Hyung!” Jimin exclaimed.

“Who’s this?” He asked as coolly as possible.

“Hyung this is my new girlfriend, Krystal Jung!” Yoongi felt a stab in his chest. Girlfriend?

“Hello Oppa.” She said sweetly, bowing.

“I’m not your Oppa.” Yoongi muttered to himself. Jimin gave him a questioning look but Yoongi looked away.

After watching the two cunoodle for what felt like hours, Yoongi butted in,

“Hey I have to be somewhere soon, so hop in the car if you want a ride. If you don’t I’m leaving.”

So Jimin said a quick goodbye and Krystal kissed him on the cheek. Yoongi had to grip the car door handle in order not to strangle her.

“Bye Jiminie~” she cooed as she walked away. Swinging her hips. Only I can call him that you ing . He thought to himself. They got in the car and Yoongi gripped the steering wheel until his knuckles turned white.

“Hyung what's the matter? You seem really angry. Do you not like Krystal?”

I ing hate her. “She seems like an okay chick.” Yoongi responded.

“Are you sure?”

“I’m positive.” Jimin was quiet after that but the awkward silence in the car was tense.

When they arrived at the house, the two got out of the car. Yoongi turned towards Jimin to discover that the boy had his hands covering his face. Yoongi was confused at first, but when Jimin moved his hands away, his face was covered in tears. Yoongi’s eyes widened and he ran over to the boy.

“Jimin, what’s wrong?” he asked gripping the boy’s shoulders.

“I’m sorry hyung,” he whimpered, “I’m sorry I made you upset.”

“No Jimin I’m not upset. I just didn’t have such a great today, that’s all.” he lied. “Jiminie don’t cry, please?” He pulled the now sobbing boy into an embrace and rubbed his back soothingly. He pressed gentle kisses into his hair and held him as close as possible. The younger gripped the back of Yoongi’s leather jacket in his hands and brushed up against Yoongi’s cheek. The older pulled back and wiped the tears from Jimin’s cheeks.

“Don’t cry Jiminie, it doesn’t suit you~” he cooed and Jimin blushed slightly. “Where’s that beautiful smile of yours?”

Yoongi reached down and began to tickle Jimin’s sides. The younger burst into a fit of laughter and a huge smile spread across his face.

“There it is~” Yoongi smiled his gummy smile and Jimin felt his cheeks heat up again. He was very glad the his hyung wasn’t mad at him for dating Krystal, at least for now.

 

~*~

 

4 months. 4 dreaded months of Jimin and Krystal this and Krystal and Jimin that. 4 months of hugging, and cuddling, and kisses on the cheeks. Yoongi had a hard time understanding why he felt so much hatred towards the girl. She seemed like she treated Jimin well and Jimin seemed to like her alot, so what was the problem? Yoongi often found himself binge watching dramas that he never cared to watch before, a crying. Crying. Yoongi does many things but one thing he doesn’t do is cry. He was slipping into a slump that seemed impossible to climb out of.

 

One day, Jimin and Krystal came over. They had all just gone out to eat and Yoongi was in a really ty mood. Jimin and Krystal sat together and acted like they were the only two people in the world. Yoongi was the ing third wheel. They said sickly sweet things to each other,

“You’re the cute one~”

“No you’re the cute one~!”

Yoongi was about to jump out of a window. He couldn’t take the cruel reality of Jimin having a girlfriend.

They all crashed at Yoongi’s new apartment to watch a movie and hang out. The couple cuddled up together on the couch, leaving Yoongi on the floor. He was feeling okay at first, when he heard Krystal whispering things to Jimin.

“Oppa~ you look so handsome today”

“Thanks, but I’m not older than you”

“But I like to call you Oppa Jiminie~”

When that continued for at least 15 minutes, Yoongi snapped. Without saying a word, he stood up and stomped off to his room. He shut the door in a way that was gentle, but was screaming with frustration. He flopped down on his bed and covered his face with his hands. He didn’t get it. Why am I feeling so frustrated?! What’s wrong with me!? He had so much inner conflict that he could feel his his heart tearing apart. WHAT’S HAPPENING!

And then it hit him. Like a ing landslide. Jimin’s smile. His voice. His presence. Jimin was motivation. Jimin was what kept him moving, since day one. Jimin. He loved Jimin.

He wanted to scream and yell but he couldn’t. The moment he figured it out, his world came crashing down around him. He was in love with his best friend, but his best friend was in love with someone else. He stood up, gripping his chest. Everything was becoming kinda hazy. He braced the wall. He was full of jealousy. The evil state was eating him from the inside out. He threw his fist at the wall, hitting the stand alone mirror. The glass shattered into a million pieces.

He slipped down to the floor and stared at his hand. The anger slowly faded and his knuckles were bleeding.

The next thing he knew, a pair of small hands grabbed his injured one. He looked up to see Jimin’s wide eyes. His lips were moving but no sound was coming out. He saw Krystal standing in the door, seemingly unfazed by the situation. Jimin reached up and whipped the expanse of skin under his eye.

“Hyung… you’re crying.” he heard Jimin say softly. Yoongi had zero time to react when Jimin hugged him tightly around the neck. Yoongi instantly melted into the younger’s embrace, hugging him back. He buried his face in Jimin’s shoulder and inhaled his sweet scent. When he glanced up, he saw Krystal make a slightly disgusted face and stomped back to the living area.

“Come on hyung, let’s clean your hand.” Jimin said, pulling away to grab Yoongi’s hand as he lead the older to the bathroom. There, Jimin skilfully took care of the injury, wrapping it up.

“Thank’s Jimin.”

“Anything for you hyung.” The boy smiled up at Yoongi and the older felt his heart constrict. He was very in love with Jimin. Way too far to turn back now.

A/N: Thank you to everyone who has read and subscribed to my story!!! I am super greatful!! Next chapter is coming soon~!!! Annyeong~ AND SORRY AGAIN THE CHAPTERS ARE SO SHORT!!! Cudos to you writers that can write long chapters! I ENVY YOU!! Okay I'm done XD