Chapter 5

Runs in the Family

In no time, college rolled around for Jimin. He graduated high school with flying colors and soon afterwards, he moved in with Yoongi. Jimin started working at the local dance studio as a teacher. He had enough experience from childhood so was pretty good. He worked extra hard on classes so that he could work more hours.

 

One day he was working late at the studio. He decided that instead of bothering Yoongi to come and pick him up, he would walk home instead. The streets were seemingly vacant. He silently made his way down the sidewalk when he passed the local bar. The heavy stench of alcohol and cigarettes drifted past his nose. He coughed from the sudden overload. He covered his nose with his shirt and jogged away, not noticing the stumbling figure following behind.

Once he thought he was far enough, he slowed down and let the shirt fall from his nose. He continued walking.

Not more than 30 seconds later he heard footsteps behind him. As he quickened his steps slightly, so did the footsteps from behind. Before he could take off running, he was harshly grabbed by the shoulder and pushed in between two buildings. His attacker pressed his body up against Jimin’s, trapping him in between the brick wall and him. He smelled of alcohol and sweat. He chuckled and Jimin shrank back in fear.

“Hey you~ pretty thing~” he slurred. He then attached his lips to Jimin’s neck and Jimin let out a cry. He shoved the guy off if him and began to run.

“HEY! GET BACK HERE!” He heard the guy call. He just ran faster. For a drunk guy, this was fast. He was gaining on Jimin. The boy was already tired from teaching and he was slowing down. He really began to panic then.

“Jimin! Get in!” Jimin looked over to his left as Yoongi’s car pulled up. He ran to the car and threw the door open, getting in and slamming it shut. Yoongi stepped on the gas. The pounding of the guy’s fists on the car stopped instantly as they drove away.

“Jimin it's okay. He’s gone.” Yoongi assured him. He reached over and laced his hand with Jimin’s shaking one. They pulled into the apartment complex and Yoongi let go of Jimin’s hand. The smaller boy let out a whine and began to cry. In only a second, his door opened. He clambered out and instantly ran into Yoongi’s chest. The older wrapped his arms around Jimin’s back and rubbed it comfortingly. The poor boy clung to Yoongi, shaking and crying.

“Hyung, he my neck.” Jimin whimpered from Yoongi’s chest. The elder looked on the side of his neck and spotted a light pink mark where the man attacked him. Grunting in disgust, he brought his sleeve to the boys neck and wiped away the residue. He then the back of his head, fingers running through his newly dyed orange locks. He hugged the boy tight until he stopped shaking.

 

“Come on. Let’s go.” Jimin sighed into Yoongi’s shoulder and let his arms slip down to his sides. Yoongi laced their hands together and lead the half dazed boy to their apartment.

 

Once they got there, he helped Jimin out of his clothes and pushed him in the bathroom. He handed some new clothes to him before closing the door.

“Jiminie, take a quick shower okay?”

He heard a soft mumbled ‘okay’ come from behind the door and the water turn on. Yoongi placed himself next to the door and waited for Jimin to finish.

 

Soon, the door clicked and Yoongi turned towards it in time to see Jimin walk out. He was wearing a simple tee and sweats, his hair still damp from the shower. Yoongi stood up and pulled the boy into warm embrace.

“I’m gonna change real quick and then we can go to bed.”

Jimin nodded and Yoongi ruffled his hair.

Jimin turned around as Yoongi began to change. In the reflection of the new stand alone mirror, he caught a glimpse of Yoongi without a shirt on. He was slightly muscular around the upper arms and shoulders. Yoongi must have been working out. Jimin could feel the heat creeping up onto his cheeks. Once Yoongi pulled his shirt down, Jimin quickly looked away.

“I’m done.” Yoongi spoke, causing Jimin to jump a little bit.

He then climbed under the covers and Yoongi turned out the lights, sliding into the bed next to Jimin. He slipped his arms around Jimin’s waist and pulled him impossibly close. He pressed a few kisses on his temples and in his hair. Jimin could feel his face boiling over like a pot of ramen. He tucked his face in the crook of Yoongi’s neck and slipped off into a deep sleep.

Yoongi on the other hand was having a difficult time falling asleep. Jimin’s soft breath was tickling the side of his neck. He was trying his best not to wake Jimin, when in his sleep, Jimin kissed Yoongi’s neck. The older felt like he was dying. His face became flushed as Jimin snuggled his nose further into his neck.

Jimin, why do you do this to me? He questioned in his mind. He had no choice but to cuddle closer to the boy and do his best to fall asleep.

 
~*~
 

Jimin cracked his eyes open. The sun hadn't risen yet but it was previewing across the horizon. That indicated that it was dawn. Jimin looked up at Yoongi’s face to find that the older was awake, staring up at the ceiling. The dark circles under his eyes were very                                         prominent.

“Hyung?” he whispered. The older turned to look at Jimin.

“Go back to sleep Jiminie. It’s still really early.”

“Did you sleep any?” Jimin asked, ignoring the older’s demand. Yoongi looked into Jimin’s eyes. He sighed.

“No but that’s not important. You need to rest.”

Jimin pulled Yoongi close, so that his head was resting against his chest. Yoongi huffed slightly before melting into the warm touch.  He loosely draped his arms around Jimin’s waist. The younger ran his fingers the Yoongi’s mint locks and nuzzled against the top of his head.

“Get some rest hyung.” Jimin whispered. Yoongi hummed against his chest. The two fell asleep shortly after.

 

~*~

 

“What’s up with them?”

“Why are they always so close to each other? That kinda weird.”

“Aren’t they like… a thing?”

“Oh my god that would be so gross! “Two guys together? Ew!”

Jimin and Yoongi were walking to their classes and the harsh whispers of the college students could be heard. Jimin was feeling so uneasy and really wanted to get out of there. A good size of his life consisted of being bullied because people thought he was gay. Well technically he was sort of gay, because he was practically head over heels for Yoongi, but you get the point. He was pretty terrified.

Yoongi knew that words like that would definitely hurt Jimin. He was perfectly fine with it but Jimin was probably scared out of his mind. Sending a death glare towards the students, he draped his arm around Jimin’s shoulder and walked him away.

“You okay Jiminie?”

“Yeah, thank you hyung.” Jimin’s voice was really quiet. “I’m gonna go to class now. Bye hyung.” and without a second glance, Jimin disappeared into the crowed of lower classmen. Yoongi would have lied if he said he just shook off the cold shoulder. As he walked away, his heart squeezed in his chest. He hoped that this behavior didn’t last long.

 
A/N: HELLOOOOOOOO!!!! ANOTHER CHAPTER FOR YOU ALL!! Hope you liked it!! Thank you for reading and subscribing!!! Next chapter coming soon!! ANNYEONG~!!!