Chapter 2

Runs in the Family

Jimin and Yoongi grew up quickly, entering high school in a matter of time. With Yoongi around in elementary and middle school, it kept the bullies away. Jimin was able to build a lot of confidence over the years, also managing to gain some muscle mass since he took up dancing. But when he entered high school, the 16 year old and the 18 year old didn’t go to the same school because Yoongi was going to a special school for smart kids. But even so, Yoongi would always come a pick up Jimin everyday. Jimin would usually run and hug him and say something like, ‘I missed you so much hyung~’ and Yoongi would respond saying, ‘I missed you too Jimin.’

 

One day when Jimin was waiting for Yoongi to come and pick him up, he was forcefully dragged down the sidewalk and thrown against a wall.

“Hey .” Jimin looked up at the biggest looking guys he had ever seen. They were the mean seniors that beat up all the freshman and sophomores. The stared down at Jimin and cracked their knuckles.

“So you have a boyfriend huh? Disgusting.” Jimin was about to question what they are talking about when a foot collided with his stomach. He wheezed, trying to breathe. They knocked the wind out of him. As he doubled over, they punched his face and shoved him violently against the brick wall. Jimin whined softly in pain. Their was blood pouring from an open wound on his face and the more times they kicked him and punched him, the harder it became to see. Punch, after kick, after horrible name, Jimin was slipping out of consciousness. It felt like a few of his bones were broken and he spit out blood on the ground. Suddenly, Jimin heard a loud crack. The bullies had stopped beating him up and he leaned back on the wall breathing heavily. He heard the disappearing voices of the bullies say,

“Let’s get the hell out of here!”

Jimin felt a hand rest in his stomach and he hissed in pain, tears falling from his eyes.

“I’m sorry Jimin.” said a recognizable voice. Jimin opened his eyes and made out the figure of Yoongi. A purple spot was forming over his right eye and his lip was bleeding. Jimin reached forward with all his strength and wiped the blood.

“Hyung… You're bleeding. I'm so sorry this is all my fault.” Jimin choked, tears now pouring harder. Yoongi shook his head and picked Jimin up bridal style. He kissed the boy’s forehead.

“None of this was your fault and it will never be your fault okay? Let’s just get you home.”

Yoongi carried Jimin to his car and he drove the poor boy home, making sure that the ride was as smooth as possible. When they arrived at the house, Yoongi picked up the injured boy, carrying him to the house. He knocked on the door with his foot. Minseok opened the door. He looked at the two in shock.

“Oh my god what happened?!” Minseok gawked as he looked down at his son in the older boy’s arms.

“Bullies.” Yoongi replied simply.

“Oh no… Bring him inside Yoongi.” Yoongi carried the boy inside and set him down gently on the couch. He took a seat next to him. Minseok grabbed the first aid kit and began to bandage his sweet baby boy. He and husband Jongdae both knew that Jimin was bullied before but it had never gotten so bad. Yoongi had later explained that the bullies just came out of nowhere and beat him up because they thought he was gay, but before that bullies weren't a problem. Minseok just sighed. He knew that if the bullies kept beating up his poor baby, they would have to inform the principal or worse, the cops. Minseok finished Jimin and moved on to clean Yoongi’s face. He was very thankful that the older boy was around to take care of his baby and he thanked him for it. Jimin watched in silence as his Appa bandaged his hyung's face. He could only feel guilty.

Not long after Minseok was done, Jongdae walked through the door. He had just gotten back from work. He looked over at the two and had a panicked look on his face. Minseok quickly walked to him and turned his head so they were looking at each other.

“I will tell you what happened love. Let’s let them rest.” Jongdae nodded and he hugged his husband, kissing him on the lips sweetly. The two grown ups walked to their bedroom to have a quiet conversation.

 

After sometime, Jimin was resting on the couch and Yoongi had gotten to work on his homework.

“Hyung…” Jimin called softly. Yoongi turned towards him.

“Yes Jimin?”

“I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be sorry, it wasn’t your fault.”

Jimin felt even guiltier because he was about to do something that he might regret later, but it was for the best for him, and especially Yoongi. He pushed himself up with the little strength that he had and wrapped his arms tightly around his hyung. It only took a second for the older to respond. He wrapped strong arms around Jimin’s waist and nuzzled his hair gently. When he tried to pull back, Jimin tightened his hold around the older’s neck.

“Don’t let go please.” He whimpered, It may be a long time before we do this again. He thought. Yoongi sighed,

“Alright. I won’t let go I promise.” He leaned back on the couch so that Jimin could rest comfortably on him. The younger buried his face into Yoongi’s shoulder. Not to long after that, the tired boy feel asleep.

 

A/N: I'm sorry it's another short chapter!! But I hope you enjoy~ Thank you for reading and subscribing!!!