The End of Us

I'm Sorry I Loved You

[ Author's POV ] 

You were in your bedroom, looking through a manga book when the door of your bedroom flew open, revealing your father who was shaking in anger. Behind him was your tutor, Mrs Lee.

Your father stormed his way over to you and slammed that day's newspaper in front of you. 

"What the hell is this?!" your father yelled. You slightly flinched at his voice. You glanced at the front page of the newspaper and gasped. 

The headlines read, 'INFINITE'S KIM MYUNGSOO, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS L, WAS SEEN KISSING WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND PUBLICLY. FANS OF INFINITE OUTRAGED. WOOLLIM ENTERTAINMENT APOLOGIZES PERSONALLY.

"I-I-" you were out of words. The usual string of words that came out of your mouth was no longer present. 

"Tell me. WHAT IS THIS?!" your father jabbed a finger at the article. 

"I didn't think anyone would notice." you lamely said while looking down. 

"Didn't think anyone would notice?! Kwon ~~~~~. I raised you to be intelligent and bright. Not dating this pop star. Do you know how many times I told you not to see that boy?! Countless. Yet, you disobey me!? You're becoming more stubborn day by day. Because of that boy." your father yelled. 

"But father, I told you. I love him! No other person has treated me the way he did after mother passed away. Aren't you happy seeing your own daughter happy too?!" you argued back. 

"KWON ~~~~! YOU WILL NOT, AND I REPEAT, WILL NOT GET OUT OF THIS HOUSE EVER AGAIN. YOU HAVE BROUGHT SHAME TO ME AND YOURSELF. DATING A CELEBRITY AND GETTING CAUGHT. WHAT ON EARTH WERE YOU THINKING?! I FORBID YOU TO SEE THAT BOY. HE’S JUST A CELEBRITY. YOU DESERVE BETTER THAN GETTING HATE FROM HIS FANS.” your father raised his voice. 

“But appa! I love him! You can’t do this to me! I’ve never had anyone whose loved me as much as him. Please, appa! I love him and I know he loves me too.” you cried. Tears were streaming out of your eyes. You looked over at Mrs Lee who was looking at you with concerned eyes, "Sonsaengnim? You believe me, right?" 

Mrs Lee shook her head, "Mianhae, dear. Your father’s right. The public is very dangerous, ~~~~~. What if his fans sue you? Do you know what they can do? Everything.” 

"NO! I refuse to!" you covered your ears. 

"KWON ~~~~~! YOU ARE FORBIDDEN TO SEE THAT BOY EVER AGAIN AND THAT IS FINAL. OR ELSE, I WILL HAVE TO DISOWN YOU. NO WONDER YOUR MOTHER'S GONE." your father sighed in frustration. 

You shrunk back. Disown. It all rang in your head. You didn't think that your father would even think of disowning his own daughter. You shook your head and sobbed. 

As your father went to the door, you called out. "Wait, father." 

He turned to you as you straightened up. 

"At least give me time to say goodbye to him."

Your father gave an approving nod. "You tell him tomorrow. And then when you come back, give me your handphone." 

-----

[ Your POV ] 

I bit my lip as I sat down on the park bench. I didn't know how to do this. Not one clue. Truth is, I never want to leave Myungsoo oppa. He's my life. And I'm his. No one, not even his fans, could break us up. Why did God have to make things so complicated for me? Why can't I be one of those girls who had both her parents and lived a happy life? If mother had never left me, I wouldn't be here right now. Heck, I wouldn't have met Myungsoo oppa. But meeting him was one of the things I will never regret doing. Why can't Myungsoo oppa and I just elope? Sure, I might sound selfish but hey, it's the only thing that can take me away from my father and Myungsoo oppa from the media. But being an idol was his dream. I can't just-

"Jagiya?" his sweet, melodious voice echoed in my mind. I turned to my right and noticed Myungsoo oppa sitting next to me, squeezing my hand. Oh, how I wish this would last forever. Sadly, it won't. 

I tried to prevent my tears from falling by closing my eyes. He could suspect anything. 

"Are you crying?" Damn. 

I turned to him, a shocked expression blanketed his face. His handsome face. 

"We need to break up." 

-----

[ Author's POV ] 

Myungsoo sat there, shock and pain reigned in his heart. His first love. Breaking up with him. His heart shattered to pieces but his expression remained the same. It wasn't right for a guy to be begging his first love to never let go, right? Wrong. Because that was exactly what Myungsoo did. 

"M-Myungsoo oppa. What are you doing?" you asked, looking worried as Myungsoo got on his knees. 

"Please. Just please tell me if this is a joke. I would do anything to make this a joke. Don't leave me, ~~~~. I love you. What did I do wrong to make you feel this way? Please just tell me. I can fix it. Don't leave me." Myungsoo held onto your hand. 

You stood up. The pain was unbearable but images of your father beating you and disowning you made you flinch. No one was going to replace Myungsoo in your whole life. 

"I, I can't do this, Myungsoo oppa. Don't make this harder than it already is." you shook your head. 

"NO! I won't go until you tell me that this is a ing lie." Myungsoo snapped. 

"Just stand up, Myungsoo oppa." the sight of Myungsoo in a state like that managed to break your heart. Your weakness had always been him. 

Myungsoo stood up with a pained expression. 

"We're breaking up. No buts or ifs. I love you too, Myungsoo but we just weren't meant to be. You're an idol. I'm just a normal girl. You deserve to be in the limelight. While I deserve to be in the far back. You and I were never meant to be. Please understand that, Myungsoo oppa. I'm sorry." you shook your head, the tears already flowing. You your heel and left. 

Myungsoo was left there, thrashing around. He just lost his first love. In a blink of an eye. He let out a scream of frustration. He dropped to the ground. People all over were giving him weird looks. But it was the least he could care. 

*Kwon ~~~~~. You were my everything. Don't you dare say that we were never meant to be.* he angrily clenched his fists. 

You looked back and your heart broke once again. *I'm sorry, oppa. I'm sorry it's the end of us. I'm sorry I loved you.* 


UGH. I'm sorry if it's ish :( It's my first fic. So how was it? xD Comment, readers ^^