4. a fairly soft deliquent

This Romance (z.hera x baekhyun)

I pulled the nicely wrapped box in my drawer before lifting up the lid gently. 

"Where are you..."

I stared at the slingshot. Pushing it aside, I picked up the tiny picture of him. If only he could come and sit by me again, then nothing else would have mattered. All I had of him was this picture and his smile, nothing else. It would be nearly impossible to find him, but I don't want to give up. No, I won't give up on my first love.

-

(Flashback)

"Here, play with this." He held out the object.

"What is this?" I retorted brassly.

He sat down on the wooden steps by me. 

"It's a slingshot. It's my favorite toy, so you better take care of it."

"I don't need it." I pushed the toy back into his hands. 

"Take it." He placed the slingshot next to me before standing up.

"Since I'm lending you my favorite toy, you better smile. You're a girl, after all."

-

I'll smile, for him. I'm a girl after all. With his support, I can do anything.

-

Seeing as how I have to endure this everyday, I might as well name this disaster. I eyed the group of hyenas bombarding the gate. 

"Ahhh... I know. Zombie Hyenas."

"Zombie Hyenas?" Chaeryung looked up from her nails and moved to my side. She snorted at the scene below.

"To call them zombie hyenas is too kind of you. Those girls are absolutely crazy."

If you told me just yesterday that I would be staying in the same classroom, breathing the same air as Chaeryung, I would probably laugh it off and dismiss it as a mere joke. But after meeting Chaeryung at the candy store, she wouldn't stop clinging onto me, making sure I did not breathe a word about her part time job. Oh well, at least she wasn't that annoying.

I was about to turn away and take a nap but something happened to the crowd of girls that surprised me. They parted like the red sea to let someone cross. Ehh? 

"Interesting... Who is that that is making them move away from the gate?"

I stayed silent and looked closer into the group. They were boys from next door, for sure, but the leader...

-

I glanced to my left and saw a teacher walking out of one of the other classrooms.  Perfect timing, Teacher I-Don't-Know-Your-Name.

"Miss! There's a trespasser from the school next door."

I heard him curse under his breath as the teacher walked over to us, a stern expression on his face. Hah. That's what you get.

He mouth some words and I recognised it as "I'll get you back."

And typical me, smirked at him triumphantly while the teacher dragged his ear to who knows where.

-

No way... Him again?!

"Oh. Byun Baekhyun. And I thought it was someone powerful." She turned away disinterestingly.

"Wait, Chaeryung. You know Byun Baekhyun?"

"No, I don't know him but I've heard about him. Apparently he's single, a fairly soft delinquent with a love for toys, his father passed away, his mother is the head secretary of some company, and he's visually appealing. Why? You interested?"

I scoffed. Me? Interested in him? No way.

"No way, I was just curious." I denied strongly. Chaeryung stood up abruptly and came over to me. 

"Yah. Female warrior, don't tell me you're interested in Byun Baekhyun? If I were you, I wouldn't bang him."

I rolled my eyes and ignored her. My eyes glanced back to the small group of boys heading into the school. No way... He's coming to get revenge on me? I didn't take him for serious yesterday. This will be fun.

"Chaeryung. We may need to beat them up."

"Huh? Why? Did you do something to offend them? Damn. I thought you were just a scary closed-off lesbian."

"I'm not a lesbian. But yeah, something like that."

-

A/N I'm ending it here, sorry. I'm rushing to my flight haha. Next chapter will be usual length!