Episode 2 - Wishing for a Fake Star

The Color of Arrogant Heart



Characters (From left to right): [CHOI FAMILY] Choi Pal Gang (means: Red) 24 years old, Choi Juhwang (means: Orange) 13 years old, Choi Norang (means: Yellow) 10 years old, Choi Chorok (means: Green) 6 years old, Choi Parang (means: Blue) 5 years old, Choi Nam Yi (means: baby blue) 1 year old


Bang Yongguk(27) , Kim Himchan(27), Choi Junhong(22)


Episode 2

“Me.” She answered with a big smile on her face.

“What?” Kang Seokgu didn't expect the answer. "Choi Palgang-ssi, you?"

Palgang nodded for few times. “You know.. I have been working in this boutique for Bang Yongguk for three years and I started to understand his taste of fashion." started Palgang.

You need to be looked sure and no-weird intentions, Choi Palgang. This is your Golden Chance to be closer with hot devil Bang Yongguk! "And I matched the accessories for the clothes he’s trying right now," she continued, "and he seems to be agree with me.”

Palgang looked at Kang Manager who's been thinking about it then she quickly continued before he thought the opposite, “And for a housemaid, you can believe me one hundred percent! I have always been cleaning everywhere! When I come to this boutique what I’m doing first is cleaning, and when I see someone littering in a subway or bus stop, I was the one who clean the trash for them. And I can cook very well! I always got a very good score in a cook subject when I was high school, I can also make bento!”

Well, is not really a lie. She didn’t cleaning when she got into this boutique but she really does hate when people littering. That’s what her mom and dad taught to her. For the cooking is... ramyun?

“Uhm.. you seems to be believable, Palgang-ssi.” He said finally.
Believable? Choi Palgang keep smiling even though she's a bit irritated with it. I’m more than that when it comes to Bang Yongguk! I can be a cleaning machine if I can, just for being a housemaid for him!

“But, for first, I will ask for your number first..” Seokgu handed his cellphone.

"Why?" Palgang looked at him.

"Why?" Kang Manager blinked few times, confused. "Ofcourse.. I have to call you about when you can start working.."

Palgang nodded, “Oh, Okay! Here.” Palgang handed his cellphone back after put her phone number.

“Since until this weekend, Yongguk didn’t have schedule that really need a hand of stylist.” He scrolls something in his phone. “Maybe he will only working in the studio.. I will call you around Friday, is that okay?”

“Call!” Palgang gave him an OK sign and just right then, Yongguk come out from the changing room and looked at his reflection in the mirror. She approached him with her camera ready.

I knew that he would look so good in that clothes-no, scratched that! He looks good in everything! Even without clothes he still looks awesome! Palgang giggled.

“How is it, Bang Yongguk-ssi? Is it matched well for your style?” Palgang smiled to Yongguk.


*~*~*~*

 

At the evening, Palgang and her bestfriend, Nahyun, went to a department store to buy some clothes.

“Ya, Choi Palgang. Are you crazy?” asked Nahyun when she saw the amount of clothes in the basket. “You just got paid, not to mention it got cut off, and now you spend it all at once?”

“You know, I might got a job as Bang Yongguk’s stylist in this weekend!” said Palgang happily as if she didn’t what hear what her bestfriend just said, and still happily looking for another clothes to buy. “And I have to look good to be his stylist! All clothes that I have now are already off-season and I can’t wear that in front of Bang Yongguk! What would he thinks when he saw his stylist wearing last season coat and boots?”

“How can you be sure to be his stylist anyway? You are just a waitress in the boutique not a stylist nor a designer.” Asked Nahyun.

“Maybe my job as a waitress for him is better than the stylists he had.” Answered Palgang. “I can know his taste in fashion after three years observing him,"

"You mean stalking him," added Nahyun but Palgang continued like she didn't her bestfriend.

"and he wears the matched clothes I picked for him lately. This is what you will get if you believe the power of love.”

"Love my .." Nahyun rolled her eyes.

"Eyy, it's real!" Palgang smecked her bestfriend. "I'm not regret working as a clerk for three years even though I will ended as a housemaid in his house."

Nahyun shook his head, "Love really makes you crazy- Ah, not, you're already crazy even before you like him." Nahyun turned to Palgang, "But is he really wore the clothes you picked?"

“Yeah, this morning he picked two out of five clothes that I matched for him.” Palgang bragged.

“He chose a matched clothes from a mere waitress?” asked Nahyun again unsure.

Palgang shrugged, “Well, I just have to add ‘The designer suggests that..’ or ‘Suggestion from the designer that you should..’ to make him sure about the clothes. Well, for this three years he didn’t find out that it was actually me who matched it for him.”

“Ya, if your matched clothes got wore by the mighty Bang Yongguk why you don’t you sign in the boutique as a stylist? You're also a design major graduate! Maybe your work would be appreciate more.” Suggests Nahyun.

“Uh-huh, I can’t work without Yongguk.” Palgang rejects immediately. “I only got inspiration when it comes to Yongguk.. If someone asked me to be a stylist for another artist, I would rather be a waitress for Yongguk forever with a cut off payment.”

Nahyun looked at her friend frightened. “You really have such a scary obsession.”

Palgang giggled, “I know.” She said while put a mini skirt inside the basket.

“Ya,” Nahyun picked up the mini skirt from the basket. “I heard that few days ahead the degree will be drop more and you planned to wear something like this? Are your legs have a heater inside or something?”

“I told you..” Palgang took the mini skirt back inside the basket. “..that I have to look good and well.. a bit show off in front of Bang Yongguk this weekend.”

Nahyun rolled her eyes, “What if you didn’t got that job? And what if Yongguk’s contract with the boutique is over?”

Palgang move her finger, “Choi Palgang is always up for a second plan.”


*~*~*~*


The next morning, before Palgang going to work, she saw her mom talking to someone in front of the house.

“Aigoo.. it’s okay, just take this so you can pay the surgery for your son.” She heard her mom said.

“B.. but.. I don’t think I can just receive it like that, Palgang Eomma.” Palgang heard a lady replied weakly.

“Eyy.. don’t think about anything and just receive it, okay? Your son’s health is more important than anything else.” Palgang peeked and saw her mom shoved a thick envelope into the woman’s hands.

“Aigoo.. thank you so much, Palgang Eomma. I don’t how to return your kindness..” the woman sobs.

“Don’t think about that, I give you this not because I want a retaliation. Just go to the hospital now and I hope the surgery will going well.” Palgang’s Mom patted the woman’s back.

The woman still sobbed and bowed when she start walking away from Palgang’s house.

“Eomma, what are you doing?” asked Palgang walked out from the house.

Her mom looked at Palgang and shrugged, “Nothing big.”

“Eomma, giving someone big amount of money you said that is ‘nothing big’?” said Palgang. “It’s already hard for us to even eat dinner but you just give your money to someone else?”

“It's lucky for us that we still can eat dinner. There are a lot of people around us who can’t eat dinner moreover to buy a cup of rice-” Her mom stopped when she scanned Palgang from head to toe, “And what are you wearing in this weather, young lady? Your legs will be ice stick before you can eat dinner!" Her mom hit her .

“Aaah!” Palgang rubbed her . “You really mean to your daughter!"

“I mean to a daughter who can’t take care of her own sister and brother!”

“I have FIVE freaking little siblings because my mother have a hobby adopting kids! Do you expect me to take care all of them? What do you think am I? A babysitter?”

“I would love if you become one! It's better than a good-for-nothing daughter!” replied her mom.

Palgang grunted and started walking away from her house, she’s just too tired to continue arguing with her mom. Her mom can never understand her feelings. Why would they adopt all her brother and sister?

Yes, her five little siblings has no blood-relations with her, even though she love her siblings actually she's kind of troubled with it. Her parents are way too kind for a middle class-no, low-class family, adopting kids are like their 'hobby', NamYi is the latest child they adopt about 6 months ago.

They are way too kind for a middle class-no, low class family, his father is working for a small position in a corporation. The family sometimes even have to 'eating out' in supermarket. Free food samples there is good for dinner. Yet, they still giving out money for other people. Their home is too little with eight members of family.

How can her parents still happy with the condition of their life? Palgang doesn't want to be like her mother, she wants to enjoy her life as much as she can.

“Ya, Choi Palgang! Don’t forgot that you have to come home earlier today!” Palgang heard her mom yelled. “I won't be at home so you have to babysit your brother and sister this evening, okay?!”

Palgang heard what her mom yelled but she just continue walked pretended not to hear anything.

“Issh.. such an annoying girl.” Palgang’s Mom mumbled. She chuckled then going back into the house.


*~*~*~*


Palgang’s dad just finished changing his clothes and walk out from the room.

“Aigoo.. aigoo.. whose husband is this?” said Palgang’s mom.

“Is it shining enough?” asked Palgang’s dad.

“Aigoo.. my eyes.. my eyes.” Palgang's mom rub her eyes.

Parang looked at his mom worriedly, “Mom, your eyes hurt?”

“Yeah, because your dad is shining so bright and it makes my eyes hurt.” Palgang's mom looked at Parang.

“Please… mom and dad.. you guys are too much.” Juhwang scrunched his face, watching them flirting each other on their age.

“But, Yeobo. Are you really won't tell me where are we going?” asked Palgang's mom.

“It’s a surprise~” sang Palgang’s dad.

“Seriously you guys act really engrossed me…” Juhwang shook his head.

“Eyy, it’s a secret so we still feel young right, baby?” asked Palgang’s mom.

“Ewww…” cringed Norang and Chorok.

"Don't be like that," their father laughed, "When you guys grow up later, you will be as mushy as we do."

"Appa, I'm not your biological son." Said Juhwang, "And right now I feel fortunate of it, because I will be not as mushy as you."

Her father laughed again, "Do you think being mushy is biological?"

Juhwang shrugged, "Look at Noona, she always being mushy with the idol she likes."


*~*~*~*


Yongguk just glare at the younger man in front of him, who had his head on the ground as the punishment after realized of what he was doing was wrong.

“I’m sorry, Big Uncle.. I thought you won’t come until 2 am..” said the young man.

“This brat, really..!” an older man beside the young man took the chance to hit the young man’s .

“Small Uncle!” the young man yelped. “Himchan Uncle, that would be the last time! I promise!” he woke up from his position and turned to Yongguk. “Big Uncle, please don’t tell my parents. Don’t let them take me back to Japan again, eung?”

"Position." Yongguk say a word and his cousin's head is back to the ground.

“Ya, Choi Junhong, look what you have done to this house. Yongguk really hates when his house in this condition.” Yongguk’s manager, Kang Seokgu, pointed to the now-messed living room because of the wild party the young man has done couple of hours ago.

He went closer and whispered, “Especially when he just done his hectic schedules, you just dig your own grave by partying here!”

The young man, whom Kang Seokgu called as Choi Junhong, cursed himself. He woke up from his position and looked at Yongguk once again. “Please, Big Uncle.. Don’t kick me from the house.. Eung? I promise I will be good!”

Yongguk’s glare just getting scarier but Junhong didn’t let his miserable face give up easily, “You… sleep outside the room.” With that, he went to the second floor without saying anything.

“Thank you so much, Big Uncle!” Junhong yelled, hoped his Big Uncle can heard him.

In Yongguk's big house, there also live Yongguk's best friend, Himchan, and troublemaker cousin, Choi Junhong. Even though Himchan is not Junhong's uncle, since he knew Himchan as much as he know Yongguk, he called Himchan 'Small Uncle' while Yongguk as 'Big Uncle'. Yongguk was okay with them live in the same roof as him, as long as they don't take a step to the second floor. Which is the private area only for him.

“Just start cleaning, you wacko.” Said Himchan.
“Ne..” Junhong nodded and looked around at the mess he just made. “God.. I really messed this house up.”

“Why? You can’t cleaning it?” asked Himchan.

“Aniyo, aniyo. I can do it, Small Uncle, don’t worry.” Junhong hurriedly start picking up the dirty dishes on the table.

“If Yongguk hire a housemaid, you're dead.” Said Himchan, sit on the couch.

“Andwae! Andwae! I will work hard! Don’t let him hire a housemaid!” plead Junhong.

“He might hire one, you know.” Said Kang Manager as he pours a cold water into the glass.

Himchan looked at Seokgu, “Really? There is someone who willing?”

"Oh, she even offering herself to be stylist and housemaid." Said Kang Manager and take a seat beside Himchan.

Himchan let out a laugh, "Both of it? Do you think it's possible?"

Kang Seokgu shrugged, "I don’t know.. I hope Yongguk won't refuse it.” he sighed. "I'm just too tired to look for another."

“But, really. Both of it?” asked Himchan. “The latest housemaid and stylist are quit because they can’t stand of Yongguk’s attitude. But, there is someone who's willing to be both of it?”

“Yeah,” replied Seokgu. “I don’t know why but I have a feeling it will be such a good idea. I think she will do good in both of it.”


*~*~*~*


Juhwang closed his eyes when he heard Nam Yi crying again. His stomach problem didn’t give him a mercy, he has to finished his business first in toilet before he can handle the chaos outside.

He sighed as he flushed the toilet and get out. He looked at Norang who patted Nam Yi’s back to calm him down but Nam Yi just crying even louder.

“His fever hasn’t go down yet?” asked Juhwang.

“Yes, he keep struggling when we want to check his temperature.” Replied Chorok.

Juhwang took Nam Yi from Norang. “ Why Noona hasn’t come home yet?”


*~*~*


“I want it to be like glowing," Palgang emphasized, "Brown but glowing.” Said Palgang to the salon worker.

The salon worker studied Palgang’s hair for a while, “How about caramel-like colour?” suggests her.

Palgang clapped her hands, “That would be good!”

Bang! Bang! Da michyeobwa Bang! Bang!

“Aissh.. who called me?” She looked at the phone screen and it’s written Our Home. She tsk-ed and picked up, “What?”

“Ya, Noona! Where are you not home yet?!” shouted Juhwang in the other line.

“Because…” she thinks for a while. “.. My hair has something really important to do.”

“Aissh, really! Noona! If you didn’t go home this instant, I will tell Mom and Dad!”

“Ya! You don’t you dare tell mom and dad! Let them have their vacation in peace!”

“So came home fast! Nam Yi’s fever hasn’t go down! You as the eldest should took responsible of it!”

“I got it, I got it.. I will buy some medicine after my hair business is done, Eo?”

“Ya, Noona-“ Palgang hung up before Juhwang finished his words.


*~*~*~*


“Wh-what is this?” Palgang looked at the salon worker.

“I don’t know.. I thought it would be a nice caramel color but..”

“Caramel? It looks like a s**t, you know?!” yelled Palgang. “Aaah… its ruined! I can’t have my hair like this in front of Bang Yongguk!”

Bang! Bang! Da michyeobwa Bang! Bang!

“Issh..” Palgang answer her phone, “Why?!”

“Noona! Come home fast! I already told dad that you’re not  home!” yelled Juhwang in the other line.

“Ya! You little..!” Palgang cursed under . “I got it! I will come home now!”

She hung up and glare to the salon worker. “You're lucky because I don't sue you for making my hair looks like s**t olor hair! Ish, I shouldn’t trust a cheap salon in the first place.”

“What do you mean?!” the salon worker looked at Palgang.

“Cut it out, this is the money.” Palgang placed a plastic bag full of change on the table and ran as fast as she could.

“YA!” the salon worker yelled. “Sheesh.. what an ungrateful lady..” She looked at the plastic bag. “How much is this?”


*~*~*~*~*


“My savings!” cried Chorok. She showed her other siblings her now-broken piggy bank. “Palgang Eonni must be the one who took it!”

“Really, Noona..” Juhwang is so dizzy right now. It’s like he had to take care of five little siblings includes her old sister. She maybe older than him more than 10 years, but her attitude is just like a 10 years old. Even Norang who’s 10 didn’t act like one.

Front door suddenly opened and revealed the out-of-breath Palgang, “Noona is here! Hh..Eonni is here! You don’t have to call mom and dad!” she said.

“Noona! Why you just come now!” said Juhwang.

“How is Nam Yi?” asked Palgang stepped in.

“He has stopped crying now, but his fever hasn’t go down yet.” Replied Norang.

“I bought medicine, have you guys eat yet?” asked Palgang again.

“We are busy watching over Nam Yi so we didn’t eat anything yet..” replied Chorok. “And Eonni, you should pay from what you’ve done!” she showed her the piggy bank.

“I will pay for it later, now I will take care of Nam Yi. Juhwang-ah, make some ramyun. I haven’t eat anything either.” She patted Juhwang’s back to go.

“You are the one who should cook for us.” Said Juhwang.

“Yes! And mom said, too much ramyun is not good for children!” Added Parang.

Palgang looked at her little siblings, “You guys know that I’m not good in handle a stove, do you want me to make a fire in this house instead?”

Juhwang shook his head, “You’re so hopeless, I will be sorry if there's a man who willing to marry you.”

“Ya!” Palgang smacked Juhwang’s . “What a brother I have.. Nam-ah, let’s eat medicine first.” Palgang picked up Nam Yi.

Rrrrrrrrrr…. Rrrrrrrrrr….

Parang pointed at the telephone. “Ah, it must be mom!”

“Ish.. what should I say.” Palgang bit her lip and took the telephone, “Eomma? Don’t worry I come home now, you guys just enjoy your vacation, okay? And Nam Yi’s fever is go down now, I already bought some medicine, you don’t have to worry, okay?”

Palgang waits for her mom’s voice to answer her in the other line, but she heard someone’s voice answer her instead.

“Ne? Who?” she listens to the reply and the next moment, her eyes widened, her heart beat so fast, she can feel the hair on the back stood up all of the sudden. “What did you just say..?!!”

 

~~~

Comments are loved♡