Unforgettable

Awaiting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5 - Unforgettable

 

Taeyeon closed the door behind and sat herself down in studio.

Her mind was a jumble of thoughts right now. She had her album to be finished, a featuring artist to find, bills to be paid, and now a friend, that usually helped her to clear her worries, to be worried.

Taeyeon wanted to clear the misunderstanding. But now things became less favored just how their exchanged words decreased. Taeyeon realized the big rock was, both Sunny and she were running from the problem. Worse and bigger, both had this tendency of going to silent mode whenever things went downhill.

Yet, Taeyeon couldn’t find a word or a way to make everything better. Or maybe she didn’t really try after how that night talk went.

Taeyeon was still trying to understand why Sunny had gone out after rejecting her effort to explain. They’d been together for half of their life; Sunny absolutely knew that it was hard for Taeyeon to initiate first. Yet, Sunny didn’t pick up calls and blatantly came home with an awful drunk state.

‘We always could have another time.’ Did Sunny know that sentence upset Taeyeon so much?

That night, Taeyeon really felt Sunny had belittled her, she felt anger was built deep inside, anger that caused by disappointment. She was disappointed by how Sunny and she didn’t look at each other with the same way, like what she thought. Or hoped.

Taeyeon let out a heavy breath. She really hated the feeling of being unimportant, an outcast.

The reason that Taeyeon was mad, maybe, because she always felt the opposite way towards Sunny, undoubtedly.

That Sunny mattered to her. Sunny was important. Also, it applied to whatever relationship they were having now.

Or maybe, it was because Taeyeon depended on Sunny so much. That if Sunny started to see Taeyeon’s presence as a small rock in the street, either to be kicked or ignored, Taeyeon would crumble to dust. That if Taeyeon was as unimportant like the small rock, Sunny would kick her and left. And the thought of she had to be alone, unsettled her.

Because Taeyeon was sure she couldn’t live alone after what happened six years ago.

Taeyeon was signed under a music company. She was putting all of her into the big promise, hanging onto the invisible rope with all she might. She was just a college student, who spent her entire school life in training room, giving up her adolescence to become a star that she dreamt in her dream.

She kept walking down onto the dark road, without knowing where or when she would reach her destination. Until she realized the voice that had been telling her directions, lied. Then, Taeyeon was lost. She didn’t know how to go back neither forward. She just stopped moving.

Taeyeon felt bad towards the trust her parents gave to her. That day when she went to her company in the city, like it existed, she never came back. She didn’t have the heart, and courage to face the truth.

She decided to sleep on the train station, until there was a phone call from Sunny on her nearly dead phone. She pondered to take that call or not. Her thumb hovered on the red button and let it rang till it stopped. Then, her hands fell on top of her thigh, held the once again vibrating device on her palm.

Taeyeon must be fall asleep in her seating position. She winced when she tried to move, her back was stiff and her neck was worse. It was morning, dawn to be exact. She moved her backpack on her lap to the seat beside her. Taeyeon jolted when it made sound.

Sunny made sound. “What a nice way to wake someone up.” She groaned, “I think you broke my nose.”

Taeyeon was just in silence and disbelief when Sunny sat up and rubbed the said body part. She didn’t say a word until Sunny looked at her, “How did you find me?”

“Great. Now I know you didn’t want to be found.” Sunny got up and twisted her torso twice. “I tracked you down.”

Taeyeon showed her confusion on her face. Sunny let out a slight proud smirk before saying, “Your phone. Who know I’ll use it to find you instead a missing phone.”

Taeyeon remembered that Sunny actually forced to install it on both of their phones and Taeyeon let it as Sunny was the tech geek between them. It made sense when Sunny explained to Taeyeon that she misplaced her phone quite often so the app could become a big help. She did really think it will come to use, but her disease suddenly stopped when it was installed, and now it became a help in an unexpected way. Was this a help though?

Taeyeon felt a hot thing touched her cheek. Sunny handed her a cup of noodle.  Taeyeon’s stomach grumbled as she ate nothing yesterday. She opened the lid and stirred the hard noodles as if it could fasten the cooking process. “Thank you.”

Sunny moved Taeyeon’s backpack to the floor and sat down. “Your parents called me.”

Taeyeon halted her chopstick movement. “Is that why you’re here?”

Sunny didn’t give her answer immediately. “I told them I’ll call them back when I heard from you, I haven’t.”

“What stopped you?”

“Things that going through your mind.” Sunny poked Taeyeon’s temple. “No one ran away from home and left a letter where she was going. You know you’re a tad too late to rebel, do you?”

Maybe Taeyeon wanted to be found, she was lost afterall.

Taeyeon brought the soften noodle to . She went to Seoul as she spent her college here. Even when she wanted to escape, she couldn’t do it properly. “Why you didn’t wake me up?”

“I see no point in doing that. You wouldn’t go home even if I told you to.”

“So, you’d rather sleep here?”

“If I didn’t,” Sunny sipped the warm broth before continued, “Who would knock you into some sense in the morning?” Sunny put down her empty cup of noodles and examined Taeyeon’s backpack. “What are you planning with all these clothes? You don’t even have your toothbrush.”

Taeyeon knitted her eyebrows, “Seems like I wasn’t the first who ran away from home.”

“I sleep over quite often back then.” Sunny mouthed ‘really?’ to Taeyeon when she grabbed out a kaonashi plushy from the side pocket. “My family isn’t here, remember?”

Taeyeon snatched her plushy and stuffed it back into her bag. “Are you done?”

“You have some cash?”

“I might not bring my toothbrush but I’m not that stupid either.” Taeyeon fished out her wallet from her hoodie.

Sunny snatched it. “Great. I was too hurried last night so I didn’t bring any.”

Taeyeon looked confusedly at her cup of ramyeon, then Sunny.

Sunny returned her wallet after grabbed some cash. “Relax, you’re paying for them.”

“I believe money is the most necessary thing when you’re in runaway.” Taeyeon gave up when Sunny just walked passed her. Taeyeon drank the rest inside her cup as she technically bought it herself.

Sunny returned. “Grab your bag. Let’s go.”

Taeyeon obeyed. “Where to?”

Sunny gathered their trash, “Looking for another train station to crash.” She threw them into the nearest trash bin as they walked out from the station. “Unless you’re going home.”

“I thought we’re going to your place?”

Sunny suddenly stopped and caused Taeyeon to bump into her. “Finally you mentioned it. It wasn’t hard, was it?”

“What?”

“You just need to call me last night instead of sleeping here.”

Taeyeon looked away, “I’m afraid that I’ll bother you.”

“No. You’re afraid that I’ll bother you, asking questions, demanding answers.” Sunny stood on one foot. “But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter