Five Minutes

Today...For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A new school year had started. Seoul Elite International Academy (SEIA) received many new students this year. 

 

Jisoo was one of them. She never moved away from her house, but was put into this school in Seoul. Her dad drop her off and picked her up everyday on his way to work. So she ended up staying longer than everyone else after school. But that wasn’t a problem to her because she thought it would be nicer to be in Seoul longer. She was happy because she could go to Jaebum and wait for him, this way he didn’t have to come see her. 

 

“Jaebum-ah, I guess we’ll be playing at approximate playground now,” she said to herself while giggling happily, skipping down the school’s hallway. She was searching for her homeroom but she was so pre-occupied that she didn’t see people were looking at her oddly. 

 

Jaebum was sitting by the window reading a book while the class gossiped in joy about him. The girls were elated to be in the same class as him and the boys were hovering around him, asking him about his younger cousin, Jung Nami.

 

“Nami is still in the hospital,” he answered with eyes locked on his book.   

 

“Jaebum-ah,” Oh Seyeon came over and asked, “Nami, is she still mad at me?”

 

Oh Seyeon was the older sister to Oh Sehun, same class with Jaebum, Nami, Kim Yoohwan and Do Kyungsoo. She and Nami were best friends, and both had a deep crush on Jaebum since he transferred to the school. Last summer she confessed to Nami regarding her crush. With Nami’s heart condition became more severe, she blamed herself for telling Nami about it. 

 

Jaebum looked up in confusion, “Hm? Did you two fight?” 

 

Seyeon shook her head, “Nevermind.” 

 

“Yah, Jaebum-ah,” Kim Yoonhwan slung his arm around Jaebum’s shoulders, “I heard you have a new girlfriend and you daringly brought her to Hwang’s class, is it true?”

 

Everybody in the class were all ears, especially the girls and Seyeon standing on the side. 

 

Jaebum sighed and steered his eyes away. He brushed Yoonhwan’s arm off. 

 

Jisoo was happily skipping down the hallway. When she went pass a certain class she backed up immediately. She saw him. From outside the class, she looked in and saw Jaebum with his hair up, and he was reading by the window. His friends were hovering around him. Jisoo was so happy when she saw him; for a moment she thought she would be alone in this school, but who would’ve known that he would be in this school. Jisoo stared at him with a big grin on her face. She was undecided on whether to call out for him, or to watch silently. She bit her bottom lip and heaved, then shouted, “Jaebum-ah!” She beamed. Her excitement got to her before her brain could make a decision. 

 

He looked up to see her grinning widely with eyes squinted. The book that he held in his hand almost slipped away. He gulped when he heard the class murmuring their discomfort at the weird girl. 

 

“What’s this? Jaebum-ah, is that her?” Yoonhwan asked. 

 

Jaebum kept his calm, he glared at her for a brief moment then returned his gaze to the book. Jisoo’s grin disappeared when she realized it was a bad move. She understood. They were to be strangers in this school. The girls were asking about her mentality and jeering her and derided on her status. 

 

“Yah, aren’t you a first year? Have some respect. Jaebum-ah? Shouldn’t it be Jaebum-oppa or sunbaenim?” One of them asked.

 

Jisoo steered her eyes over at her then bowed, “I’m sorry, I must’ve been mistaking. One of my friends has the same name and has that same hairstyle. I didn’t think clearly,” Jisoo smiled forcefully before walking away with a sulking face. 

 

Yoonhwan perked his lips when he looked at both of Jisoo’s and Jaebum’s expressions. They were strangers, but he was suspicious, especially when he noticed Jaebum staring blankly at the page of the book. He obviously had something else on his mind. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter