Caviar Pizza

Today...For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the end of the day, Jaebum was by himself in his homeroom. He was finishing up his book while watching over Jisoo who was waiting for her dad in the front of the school. Yoonhwan who walked by saw him by himself and wanted to have a small chat. 

 

“Hey,” Yoonhwan slammed his hand on the desk next to Jaebum, startling him. “You and that girl waiting in the front of the school–” 

 

“What about her?” Jaebum returned his eyes back to his book. 

 

“Come on dude, I’ve been watching you two–”

 

Jaebum narrowed his eyes at him. Well that didn’t sound creepy at all. 

 

“Okay that sounded creepy putting it that way,” Yoonhwan admitted it. 

 

“That IS creepy!” Jaebum responded with unflinching eyes.

 

“Okay, but hear me out.” Yoonhwan insisted. 

 

Jaebum sighed, returning his gaze over the window and saw her dad came to pick her up. He then turned to Yoonhwan, “Fine, go on.”

 

Yoonhwan looked out the window then back to Jaebum, “She’s your girlfriend isn’t she?” 

 

Jaebum thought for a moment. He didn’t want to confirm it, but at the same time he wanted all other males to keep a distance. Particularly the guys from his class. Jaebum let out a faint sigh before casually turning a page of his book. He had a small smirk on his face as a sign.

 

Yoonhwan was delighted, he sat down in front of Jaebum with a big grin and announced, “Don’t worry man, she’s not my style.” 

 

“She better not be!” Jaebum snapped at him before giving him a small smile. 

 

Yoonhwan signaled with his hand ‘ok’, “Got it! And your secret–” he made an action of zipping up his mouth, “I’m your best friend after-all!” 

 

Jaebum scoffed, “Says who?”

 

“Said the boy sitting in front of me who requested that I keep his secret last Winter–“

 

Jaebum snapped his book closed and tapped it lightly on Yoonhwan’s lips, “We don’t talk about that anymore.” 

 

Yoonhwan clicked his tongue while moving Jaebum’s hand away, “Come on, we have to talk about it. Since it is a very interesting subject at our school, Im Jaebum changing girlfriend like changing underwear–“ 

 

“Tsk!” What changing girlfriend like changing underwear? He only ever had two – one didn’t even count because she ignored him majority of the time. Jaebum didn’t want to talk about that anymore, he wanted to bury it deep. He glared at Yoonhwan but Yoonhwan insisted that they talk about him. 

 

“Jaebum, you know your Great Grandmother wouldn’t allow you dating any random commoner.”

 

Jaebum gulped while looking away, he knew. He knew very damn well and it was the main reason why he couldn’t properly express his feelings to Jisoo. 

 

“Whose family is she from?” Yoonhwan asked. 

 

“What?” Jaebum asked. 

 

“Your new girlfriend, whose family is she from? Come on, she has to be from some wealthy household in order to be in this school. Everybody knows that the girls in here are candidates for our future marriages. Particularly yours.” 

 

Jaebum had forgotten about this. Every students in this school were meant to be each other partners in the future, for political marriages. Jennie did attend the school last year. Though they’re cousin, Jennie was from a wealthy family, her father was the heir to a large cosmetic company that traded globally. Then his Great Grandmother suddenly revoked his heir status, then the Kim family suddenly broke their arranged marriage. And thus, Jennie disappeared. 

 

“What are you thinking of?” Yoonhwan asked when he saw Jaebum’s blank expression, staring straight ahead. 

 

Jaebum turned to him, “Nothing,” he said, but Yoonhwan could tell that he just had a realization. 

 

“Weird isn’t it?” Yoonhwan asked again, aiming for some confirmations, “Your ex disappeared, now your new girl suddenly appears in our school.” Yoohwan rested his chin on the palm of his hand. 

 

And they’re both related. So this meant that Great Grandmother did something, or there were probably some internal power struggles at the Kim’s Household. Jisoo’s family seemed to be middle class people and had nothing to do with a big corporation so he never questioned further. Jaebum felt a bit guilty because he would have to do some researches on them to understand it all. Particularly when these families showed their connections to his Great Grandmother. He loathed the woman for her strict, traditional and unbending rules. So any person she had close to him would be thoroughly investigated by him. This was a way for him to understand the inner-workings of the household in order to one day take over with ease. 

 

“Yoonhwan–“ Jaebum was about to say something but he was cut off when the door to the homeroom opened. They both looked to see their class’s President, Do Kyungsoo. 

 

Kyungsoo forwarded to Jaebum, “Im Jaebum-shi.” 

 

“What is it?” 

 

“The piano room is not a place for you to take your girlfriend to and have a make-out session.” 

 

Yoonhwan looked to the side with his hand covering his mouth as he snorted, suppressing his laugh on the side while Jaebum gulped, cleared his throat, his lips looking away. Many thoughts went into his mind at this point, particularly on who caught them. 

 

“Damn, you are wild,” Yoonhwan whispered. 

 

“Oh Seyeon reported, please be careful next time,” Kyungsoo warned him. 

 

Do Kyungsoo happened to be a very good confidant to Jaebum. He and Jaebum shared the same dream of becoming singers one day, so they somewhat understood each other and so he was always more lenient on the school rules when it came to Jaebum. He was too lenient that there were rumors in the school that the two were lovers. That scared their families a bit, they had to hide their friendship afterward. 

 

Jaebum nodded, “Thanks.” 

 

Kyungsoo then handed Jaebum a file, “I think you should learn more about your little girlfriend before you became too serious.” 

 

With that he left the two alone. Jaebum grabbed the file and stared at it. Yoonhwan sighed watching Kyungsoo’s back as he left the classroom. 

 

“What’s with that sigh?” Jaebum asked, “Are you two?” He narrowed his eyes suspiciously, though he was just joking but Yoohwan made an x with his arms and rejected the idea repeatedly. 

 

“No, no, no, no. No. No!” 

 

Jaebum chuckled before sighing, “Relax, Kyungsoo already has a girlfriend.” Jaebum stopped and chewed his lips when he remembered he was not supposed to tell anybody that. 

 

“IM JAEBUM!” Kyungsoo slid the door opened, “KEEP YOUR DAMN MOUTH SHUT!”

 

Yoonhwan gasped, covering up his mouth while Jaebum’s eyes widen at the shocking anger of their Class’s President. The two of them bursted out laughing. Kyungsoo shut the door immediately. This was the two’s first time seeing Kyungsoo’s unleashed anger.

 

––•••––

 

Jaebum was lying on the couch with the file opened over his face, his arms crossed and one of his leg was down. He was contemplating on what Yoonhwan said to him earlier. Kwangsoo was eating some fruits while researching for Jaebum on the Kim Lee Corporation. 

 

“Young Master,” Kwangsoo spoke when he heard Jaebum’s loud sigh, “It seemed like there were some internal struggles from the Kim Lee Corporation from last year, but there weren’t much informations about Miss Jisoo–“

 

“Her father was disowned…” Jaebum uttered. “I wish I’m disowned,” he murmured.

 

“Young Master, don’t say that.” 

 

“I wish I’m not part of this messy household,” he continued. 

 

“Young Master–“

 

Jaebum pulled the file off his face and he sat up, threw the file on the table, “Jennie’s family probably fell out of grace now that Jisoo’s father is put back in the family registry.” He scratched his head and sighed loudly, “That girl probably didn’t even know of what’s going on,” he said with a pained face, “Happily skipping around in school while dumb s are happening behind the scene.” 

 

Kwangsoo pressed his lips together while his eyes shifted to the side. He had seen his Young Master’s frustration before, but this was the first time he heard him cursed. 

 

Jaebum was irked because he feared that Jisoo would be pulled away from him if her father f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter