Can I Come Back to the Cafe?

Fated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So when will I be expecting an answer from you?” Sehun asked as he stood up from the chair.

“Soon,” Taeyeon answered.

“How soon?”

Taeyeon bit the bottom half of her lip and thought of an answer. Watching her do that brought Sehun back to their past together when they first got the chance to know each other. She had certain habits that she would do without even noticing. Habits that Sehun found very adorable and biting the bottom half of her lip while thinking (or concentrating) was one of them. He had to hold himself back from reaching out and cupping her face. Back then, when Taeyeon would do that, he would reach out and grazed her lips with his hand. Letting her know that by her doing that, it was tempting for him to ravish her lips.

“How about the end of this week?” Taeyeon suggested.

Sehun cleared his throat and blinked his eyes a few times, knocking himself back to reality, “Yeah this weekend would be nice,” he stated.

Taeyeon smiled and stuck out a hand, “Please look forward to my answer Oh Sehun-shi.”

“I will be,” Sehun replied and took her hand in his. Laying his palm into hers’ instantly spark a connection among the two. Sehun isn’t sure if Taeyeon felt it but he sure did. Her palm is as soft as he could remember. Soft as a newborn’s skin. In the past, when Taeyeon laid beside him, he would cup her hands in his and rub them slowly. He enjoyed the way she felt under his skin.

“I’ll be going then,” Sehun stated. He used all his willpower to pull away from Taeyeon. He made his way over to the door (which Taeyeon quickly rushed over to open it for him) and stepped out into the cold biting winter air. He gave Taeyeon one last bow of goodbye and went on his way.

Back inside, Miyoung rushed up to Taeyeon and basically glomped the older one, “So?” she asked.

“So what?” Taeyeon said and pushed the younger one to the side.

Miyoung pouted and tailed the older one into the kitchen, “You know what I’m talking about unnie,” she whined, “are you going to say yes to his offer?”

Taeyeon grabbed her apron from the kitchen counter and wrapped it around her waist, “I don’t know,” she answered.

“Stop lying. I saw that look of yours when you first laid eyes on him,” Miyoung teased, “just say yes to his offer. Don’t you know? He’s the most famous movie director in Seoul or more like it, among all of South Korea,” she exaggerated, “he’s young, handsome, and successful. If he uses our café as his main plot in his upcoming movie, just think of all the customers we’ll be getting after that.”

“What’s his new movie about again?” Taeyeon asked, ignoring the hearts pumping out from Miyoung’s eyes.

“It’s about a guy and a girl who met by accident one day in Seoul. He falls deeply in love with her at first sight and is determined to find out where she is at. He ends up finding out that she owns a small business café in Seoul. He then proceed to do more research on the café and after finding out that the girl’s café as actually going to go out of business, he bought it from the owner since the girl is still only renting the place. There she loses her business and job and can’t afford to pay for her apartment fees. Her landlord kicks her out for not being able to pay. He finds that out as well and offers her to be his house maid knowing that he is the reason why she is out in the street,” Miyoung summarized.

“Right,” Taeyeon simply stated, “anyways, we’ll see about the offer.”

“Oh c’mon unnie,” Miyoung whined and waltzed over to the older one, “just say yes please?” she asked.

Taeyeon sighed and placed the empty cup on the counter, “I’m just worried about you,” she explained.

Miyoung frowned in confusion, “What do you mean?”

“Think about it Miyoung. I’ll be busy with school this coming up semester. I have a huge project due in less than a month and two essays I still need to catch up on. If this movie that Oh Sehun-shi is directing does hit it huge, who is going to help you with everything in this café?” Taeyeon asked.

“We still have Seohyun,” Miyoung pointed out.

“True. But Seohyuni is also busy running her parent’s business. We can’t always call Seohyun to come over and help you when I’m gone. It’s unfair for her,” Taeyeon explained.

“So…if by some miracle someone is able to come and help us out, will you say yes to the offer?” Miyoung asked.

“Maybe. I’ll have to take it into consideration first,” Taeyeon turned back to her job.

“Did Sehun-shi leave any business card with you? You know, to give him a call back and such?” Miyoung asked.

“He did. It’s in the back of my pants pocket. Why?” Taeyeon asked suspiciously.

Before Taeyeon had the time react, Miyoung quickly stuffed her hand into her friend’s pants pocket and pulled the business card out, “I’ll contact Sehun-shi and ask if he knows anyone who is able to cook,” she stuck her tongue out at Taeyeon.

“Miyoung, that’s cheating,” Taeyeon called as her friend ran out the kitchen.

-----------------

Sehun walked out of the elevator onto the floor where his office was located. He made his way through a pair of glass double doors and greeted his secretary Son Naeun, “Good morning Naeun-shi,” he said.

Naeun glanced up from her computer and immediately a huge smile spread across her face, “Good morning Sehun-shi,” she greeted back. She stood up and gave him a bow.

“Any mail come in for me this morning?” He asked, arranging his suitcase from his hand to under his arms.

“Yes,” Naeun replied. She flipped through some folders from her desk and grabbed a bunch of envelopes, “here you go,” and handed them over to Sehun.

“Thank you,” Sehun thanked Naeun with a smile and walked off.

Sehun opened the double doors that lead to his office. He walked up to his desk and droppe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter