His Kim Taeyeon

Fated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good morning Kim Taeyeon!” a cheerful girl with dark brown hair greeted her. Taeyeon dragged her feet through the café that she had opened with her friend and placed her belongings on the table, “what’s with the exhausted look unnie?” the girl pressed.

Taeyeon rubbed her forehead and slumped into the seat behind her, “Long night,” she murmured, “with little to no sleep.”

“Oh…,” the girl sat down across from Taeyeon and grabbed the older one by the face, “want me to make you black coffee?” she asked.

Taeyeon nodded, “that would help about Miyoung-ah,” she said and tried to fork up a smile.

Miyoung pried her hands away from Taeyeon’s face and stood up, “alright Hwang Miyoung, time to wake up your friend with your special recipe,” she boosted up her spirit and rolled up her sleeves.

“No no, just black coffee, no need for any special Miyoung drink this morning,” Taeyeon muttered tiredly, “plus, I don’t trust you with my kitchen.”

Miyoung pouted and slumped her shoulders, “Fine fine,” she said before dragging herself away from the older one.

Taeyeon sat there alone in the empty café with her head in her hands. Her mind wandered back to the dream she had last night. At first, the dream started off nicely but then it took a sudden turn and Taeyeon somehow ended up in a cornfield with someone chasing after her. She couldn’t recognize the voice but she could tell that this person, whomever it was, was determined to make her remember him. But who could it be? Taeyeon doesn’t know anyone with that kind of voice. Letting a heavy and tired sigh, she let her head fall and hit the surface of the wooden table.

“Here you go unnie,” Miyoung said and slid the hot cup of coffee to Taeyeon. The strong smell of the coffee wafted into Taeyeon’s nostrils and knocked her back to reality. She lifted her head up and with her tiny hands, immediately grabbed for the coffee and drank it, “slow down, you wouldn’t want to burn your tongue,” the younger one stated.

Taeyeon pulled the mug away from her lips and coughed, “Thanks Miyoung-ah,” she said and placed the mug back on the table.

“So tell me, why do you look so tired?” Miyoung asked, “don’t tell me that the date with Junsu-shi went so well that you forgot to get some sleep,” she teased.

Taeyeon shook her head and combed her hair with her hand, “Actually, the date with Junsu-shi was quite boring,” she commented, “we didn’t do much after the movie. He sent me home and asked if we could go for another one but he bored me so much that I had to refuse his offer,” she took a slower sip from the cup this time to keep herself awake so she could continue the conversation with Miyoung.

“So why are you so tired?” Miyoung asked.

“That’s because I was in and out of my sleep last night,” Taeyeon muttered.

“And why?” Miyoung asked again.

“Heck, how was I supposed to know Miyoung?” Taeyeon growled, “all I knew was that I was having a nightmare in the middle of winter,” she half shouted.

“Alright alright, calm down,” Miyoung said and stood up from the chair, “how about you take the day off today and get some rest?” she suggested while massaging Taeyeon’s shoulders.

“Sure and let you run the kitchen and floor? No thank you,” Taeyeon stated, “if I go back home today, I might just receive news that our café burnt down all because of Hwang Miyoung here.”

Miyoung laughed and smacked her friend on the shoulders, “Fine you don’t have to go home but try to get some rest before going to class later on today,” she suggested, “I’ll call Seohyun to come by and replace you when you decide to leave.”

Taeyeon closed her eyes and basked in Miyoung’s massaging skills, “Sure,” she purred.

-----

“I’m off to work dad,” a lean and tall man said as he walked passed the dining room.

“Sehun wait,” the man at the dining table called.

Sehun stopped in his track and spun around to face his father, “Yes?” he asked.

Mr. Oh walked up to Sehun and stopped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter