Wishing for A Better Day

Wandering
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His Personal Thoughts

I never thought anything was wrong with me. Really, I didn’t. I was just a normal senior in high school, ready to spread my wings into the new world until they were clipped. Huh. Of course, this would happen. I had to have been someone horrible in my past life to deserve this type of mess I’m in. But really, was I that bad? That awful enough to suffer through this much pain? Heck, I doubt my parents could even afford the treatment. Not that I would tell them any-

“Mr. Kim, you are required to take this home to your parents to read and sign. Tests will be run in a few weeks. We will contact your mother for further details.”

I inhale sharply, cursing silently. Giving the nurse a faint smile, I grip the documents, inserting them into the folder. She nods her head and turns back to her computer, typing busily.  Whispering a thank you, I shake my head and go out the door. It is deathly silent, only the squeaks of my sneakers heard on tiled floor. The hospital place was never a scary place for me, rather just quite uncomfortable. It’s not that I hated the sound of nothing… I mean it’s just plain awkward when you’re all by yourself and no one is around, and all you can hear is just you. It gets slightly creepy too, the bright, fluorescent lights and white walls, floor, and everything else pretty much located in this facility.

I shiver.

It is a cold fall day. The weather is brumous, but still nice enough for people to be outside. I watch as the people walk around me, some old, some young, while they all laugh or stay quiet. It isn’t particularly a gloomy day, but rather one that just makes me think.

I let a breath of cold air and tilt my head back. Walking towards the bus stop wasn’t hard, but every word contained in that envelope made me feel sluggish. Dragging my feet towards the seat, I stumble and land on the bench with a large thunk. The person next to me stifles a quiet laugh. I purse my lips and give a gruff smile before my bus comes. To my surprise, she gets up too and we enter the bus. I watch as she scans her bus stop. I lift my eyebrows up. Oh, it's her.

“Sir? Are you going to get on?”

Abruptly, I look up towards the driver. He looks at me curiously. I nod and in a hurry, I scan my own pass, but for some reason, it wouldn’t work. Frowning, I scanned it again. Still no access.

“I’m sorry young man, but I think-“

“Here, I’ll scan my own for him.”

The girl in front of me shows me a sheepish smile and scans hers again before be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter