Sing For You

Sing For You

Sing For You  

 

As I sit by the fireplace, sipping on my cup of hot chocolate, my mind goes back to the times where we both were happy although we almost had nothing. Now that Yixing is famous, we barely see each other. And whenever we meet up (which happens twice or thrice in a month) Yixing is always tired, and he's been kind of distant towards me. I almost feel unwanted. But of course, I have to understand him. The lifestyle of an idol is different, too different from my humble lifestyleThere are times where I miss my Yixing. Like right now. My heart is aching for the old Yixing I once had 

 

I was lost in thoughts that I haven't heard Yixing entering the living room. I totally forgot that he was going home to my home. I looked at him and opened my arms (my hot chocolate drink now forgotten), waiting for him. He smiled tiredly and hugged me. I put my head into the crook of his neck, inhaling his scent.  

 

“I missed you a lot.” He said, kissing the crown of my head. 

 

“I missed you a lot, too!” I told Yixing, trying to hold in my tears. But, I couldn't.  
 

As if sensing it, Yixing tightened his arms around me. He called my name Shh.. Please don't cry,” Yixing said, he backed off to take my face in his hands. He kissed my tear drops and then my forehead.  “I'm sorry.” He sighed, closing his eyes for a moment and then opening them back, now gazing at me with his beautiful eyes. 

 

“I'm really, really sorry for everything. I was too lost with work that, I couldn't spend more time with you. I'm being a horrible boyfriend. I just..” He trailed off, his thumb brushing my cheek. “I just want to fix everything I have failed at. So, bǎobèiwill you forgive me? Please..”  

 

I held both of his hands and kissed his palms.  
 

Yixing… You should know that I will love you no matter what.” I said, smiling.  
 

“And please don't say that you failed everything. You still own my heart, you know. Even though our relationship is not like any others, which I think should be like that. We're still strong. I love you and everything about you.” After finishing my sentence, I gave him a peck on his lips.  “I really don't know why I deserve you, bǎobèi.” He said while chuckling, making me chuckle along with him. 

 

 “I love you, too. Forever, if possible.” He genuinely told.  

 

Yixing then stood up and held his hand out for me to take it. I held his hand and stood up. He walked over to the couch, with me trailing behind him. He made me sit and told me to wait. He left the living room and came in back with his guitar. He settled beside me and gave me a boyish smirk.  

“Now let me sing for my lady.” He said, and started to play his guitar.  
 

As he was singing, I leaned my head on his shoulder. Even though I always watch him sing on Tv shows or concerts, I will never get bored of his pure voice. My eyes started closing as he sang. Slowly, sleep was taking over me. When Yixing finished singing, he looked at me and smiled. He really did miss me. He put his guitar aside and gently pushed my head at the back of the couch. He stood up and carried me bridal style to my bedroom. After putting me under the covers, he laid beside me and just watched me sleep. He then sang his favorite line from the song he sang just now.  


I’m so thankful every day that you are here. You’re a gift from God.”  

 

And just like that sleep took over him.