Crush

Baking Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks passed, and Yuri had been going to the cafe almost everyday without fail. She was pure lucky that the cafe was on the way to her work place and Yuri could use the excuse of buying some bites for her colleagues and friends at work if she was late. She knew Taeyeon must be getting annoyed at her but thankfully, Tiffany always welcomed her with her beaming eyesmile and offered new recommendations almost every two days. 

“So this is the café you’ve been going to?”

Yuri had brought Yoona along with her today in order to prove something to her shikshin of a best friend; Yoona claimed that if she had not eaten here before, then it probably wasn’t as delicious as people claimed it to be. Yuri couldn’t wait to see the look on Yoona’s face when she ordered the brain cake for the latter and tell her I-told-you-so with a triumphant grin of her own.

“You should see the baker, she’s beautiful.” Yuri whispered, pulling her best friend along with her, “but she’s mine.”

Yoona rolled her eyes and smacked Yuri’s , ignoring the older girl’s claims. “Just shut up and order the cake, please,” Yoona took off her jacket and hung it at the back of her chair, “I’ll see for myself if the baker is really that pretty or not, plus I already have someone whom I have my eyes on, Yul.”

“Yuwree!”

The said woman only waved back to the equally-excited woman and beckoned the waitress to come over. “Fany Fany! How is my favourite baker doing today?” Tiffany giggled and wrapped an arm around Yuri’s shoulder as a greeting before bending down to whisper, “she is in a horrible mood today, so I suggest you don’t disturb her.” Yuri pouted and rested her cheek against her hand, sighing at the news she had received from her personal informant.

Tiffany sighed when she saw the dejected look on Yuri’s face, and she knew which dessert was the best to cheer her up. “Shall I get you a bloody muffin then?” Tiffany said softly, running her fingers through Yuri’s hair. Tiffany must have noticed the look on Yoona’s face because she soon smiled and waved her hands in denial, “what I mean is: the name of the muffin is literally ‘Bloody Muffin’.” 

Yoona's cheeks flushed pink when she realized that Tiffany could read whatever she was thinking; it was so embarrassing, plus Yuri's constant snickers were making her blush even more. 

“Why is she in a bad mood, Fany?” Yuri asked softly, looking up at Tiffany with puppy eyes, “is it because of me?”

The lack of response from the American already gave Yuri her answer and she couldn't help but to frown even more; she couldn't see what went wrong with her plan before. All she wanted to do was play a small trick on Taeyeon to make her smile, yet the only thing she didn't plan for was a horrible backfire of the prank. 

“Well, you did shove a thousand and one rubber cockroaches in almost every pocket of Taeyeon’s customized apron… you can’t expect her to be calm about it, can you?”

Yuri thought it was a good prank, honestly. She wasn’t the queen of pranksters for nothing and she merely used ten percent of her cheeky mind to come up with such a thing. Plus, Sooyoung volunteered to help her carry out the deed so technically if she was at fault, wasn’t Sooyoung also at fault for helping? Then again, Yuri did tell Sooyoung that she would arrange for Sooyoung to have a blind date if she helped her.

“B-But--”

“But what?”

Yoona had already been served her food way before Yuri and Tiffany started talking about the prank she played on Taeyeon; the latter simply enjoyed her food as Yuri and Tiffany looked at the woman in the apron nervously. She loved to watch dramas like this; anything that made Yuri nervous was fun to watch, actually. 

“T-TaeTae… hehe, y-you're here,” Tiffany stuttered, crossing her fingers behind her back, “Y-Yul here wants to order a ‘Bloody Muffin’ and a macchiato.” 

Taeyeon lifted her eyebrow unamusingly, as if she was waiting for something else to leave Tiffany’s lips. She was so sick and tired of being Yuri’s victim for the past two days or so, though it was obvious that Yuri was not going to stop yet. She had to hand it to Yuri for being so determined and bubbly despite her constant rejections; no one had bothered to try and get to know her, especially when they faced the brunt of her temper.

“Hi, Taeyeon.”

Yoona had never seen Yuri this shy and cautious around anyone, plus she could get anyone she wanted within a snap of her fingers. The little kid who was now standing in front of the baker with shuffling feet and blushing cheeks was clearly a new side to Yuri, and Yoona found it undoubtedly cute. 

“Bye.”

The way Yuri’s jaw dropped was making the whole situation albeit pitiful and horrible; Taeyeon had simply walked off once bidding her goodbye and it was rather amusing, honestly. Tiffany knew Taeyeon was simply annoyed and she could understand but her heart went out to Yuri, who looked dejected to the point where giving up on trying to get Taeyeon's attention was the best bet. 

“Yul…” Tiffany mumbled, patting Yuri’s head comfortingly, “don’t give up, okay? I’ll try my best to help you.”  

Though Yoona could barely believe her eyes at what just happened, she admired Yuri for being so serious about a person for once. And although she couldn't understand why Yuri would fall for someone as cold-hearted as that baker, she wished to have someone who would go after her like that as well.

 

Clank! Crash! Ding! <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter