The Wedding

SECRET LOVE

Under the bright and clear sky, along with the ocean breeze that blows, two people are standing on the altar, vow in front of the pastor and some pairs of eyes to witness their marriage. Bright smile plasters on the bride and groom face as the pastor inaugurate their marriage. The guests’ applause along with the sound of the waves becomes the background music as the groom kisses her bride to complete the vow of their marriage.        

 

Everyone’s happy with the wedding of the two of them. But not for Kyungsoo –a petite pretty girl with doe eyes, chubby cheeks, heart-shaped cherry lips, and fairy skin. Smile indeed plasters on her face, but her eyes do not show the happiness like her smile does. The sorrow in her eyes seen every time she lays her eyes on Kim Jongin, today’s groom, her man.

 

Kim Jongin, a tan, tall and handsome man with perfect body proportion. His broad chest and muscular arms would make anyone comfortable in his arms; his sweet smile warms one’s heart; his melodious voice melts women ear; his sharp gaze leads women’s interest in him. Everything’s in him and everything he does make women fall and capture in the circle of his charm.

 

And Kyungsoo, is one of the victims of his fatal charm.

 

Locks her gaze at Jongin, Kyungsoo lets her brain recalls her memory about Jongin.

 

It began when she caught a man, peeked at her behind the bushes when she spent her lunch break in the campus’ backyard- under the tree with earphones plugged in her ears. Kyungsoo who felt unsafe, shouted him and asked him to go. What surprised Kyungsoo was, the man approached her with applause and wide smile instead fled as Kyungsoo told. Her doe eyes widened as the man standing in front of her was the man whom everyone talked about. She knew this man. He was him. Kim Jongin, the campus Casanova from the Department of Physic.

Kyungsoo was in a daze when Jongin squatted in front of her, and with his bright smile he told Kyungsoo that she had great voice. At that time, she felt like she had lost her soul for a while.

Kim Jongin who was everyone’s prince, came to her who was basically no one. They were different. Jongin was like a rose in the field of daisies; different yet catch people’s attention with its beauty. While Kyungso, she was just an ordinary rose in the field of roses; nothing special because it was all the same. So, why did the beauty come to her that was definitely in a different level?

Kyungsoo came back to her sense when she felt a light tap on her shoulder. Blinked her eyes and swallowed her lump –nervous, she moved as she realized that Jongin was so close to her. Jongin chuckled at the sight of Kyungsoo’s nervousness. The girl was more nervous when Jongin sat beside her, and again she moved little further to create a gap.

The muscular arm reached out to remove one of Kyungsoo’s earphones.

“Do I disturb you?” the melting voice that everyone talked about was playing in her ear. And Kyungsoo had to admit that it was true. His voice was intoxicating to keep her silent. The only thing that she did was staring at Jongin’s face with her innocent doe eyes; the eyes that made Jongin fall into its innocence for a while.

Kyungsoo realized that she had stared Jongin for too long that she cleared to break the silence. “Ekhem.. Emm No. You don’t.” Kyungsoo cheeks were blushed as she noticed the nervousness in her voice. 

Through the corner of her eyes, she saw Jongin moved closer to erase their gap. Kyungsoo couldn’t move further because Jongin’s hand pulled her to keep her stay. With a warm smile, Jongin told Kyungsoo, “Don’t be afraid. I won’t hurt you.”

There was a silence again for a moment. Kyungsoo tried to relax herself since it was not a situation where she should be nervous. She was only approached by Kim Jongin, not by a superior who can point his finger at Kyungsoo for her mistake. Kyungsoo exhaled and turned her head facing Jongin, tried to start a conversation.

“So, what’s up Jongin-ssi?” she let her smile formed a shape of heart in her face as she asked.

Jongin, who could feel the nervousness was already blown up, leant his back towards the tree and folded his feet, sat as comfortable as possible. The wind blew his hair, made his face fully shown without any hair covering his face. Kyungsoo who sat beside him thought that she saw a character in a manga for how good Jongin’s look.

“Nothing. I just wanna try to sleep over there when I heard a voice. Then I crept to the source of the voice, and found you here.”

Kyungsoo gasped for Jongin’s answer. She panicked and immediately apologized to Jongin, “Omo! I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to disturb you. I sang too loud. I’m sorry.”

“Hahahaha. You’re funny. It’s Okay. It’s Okay. No need to apologize.” Jongin laughed at Kyungsoo’s panic face and unconsciously ruffled Kyungsoo’s hair. Kyungsoo froze at what Jongin did to her. She looked down, hide her blushed cheeks. 

She saw a hand reached out in front of her. She looked up to see Jongin’s smiling face as he said, “My name is Kim Jongin from Physic department. You?”

Kyungsoo felt that her heart became warm, and a dangerous signal detected in her heart.

 

Kyungsoo jumps in a shock when she feels someone’s tap on her shoulder. She turns her head and finds Baekhyun –her sister as well as today’s bride smiling at her.

“What are you thinking about that you didn’t hear I’m calling you, huh?” Baekhyun, who is one year older than her, standing in front of her with the brightest smile ever plasters on her face. The short strapless white wedding dress fits perfectly in her curvy body. Pairs of white stilettos that wrap her feet, make her looks taller and more slender. Her brown hair is braided to the right side, showing her y left collar bone. In his hand, there is a bouquet of white roses –beautiful. And a simple yet elegant silver ring around her left ring finger. She is so beautiful today.

She is arm in arm with Jongin, who looks more handsome today. White suit wraps his muscular body. His black hair is neatly combed to the back. The same ring as Baekhyun also around his ring finger.

Kyungsoo’s pupil shakes, tears start forming a pond in her eyes after discovering their wedding ring. Letting out a heavy breath as trying to hold back her tears, Kyungsoo looks up, stares the bridegroom.

“I am just imagining how happy you are. And wish that I can feel it soon.” She puts her fake smile before hugging her sister and her brother-in-law.

“Congratulation you guys! Live a happy marriage forever.” She hugs them and secretly squeezes the tip of Jongin’s suit, tells him how disappointed she is. And Jongin notices that.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

to be continue