Chapter 20

Don't Say Goodbye

Chapter 20

“TOP was Han’s boyfriend before Han died.” Aaron said. His voice was so different from before that I gulped and scrutinized his face.

Aaron fell silent and I didn’t know what to say. Did I just remind him of his sad past?
I could not read the expression on his face. Inside of my heart, I wanted to know his feeling. I wanted to know what he was thinking.
Did he hate TOP? I wanted to know.

“I-I’m sorry. I d-didn’t kn-know that.” I stammered.

He placed the bowl on the table and looked at me. “Why are you saying sorry?”

“I don’t know. I guess I’m just feeling sorry for you.” I bowed my head down.

“Silly girl.” I heard him mumble.

“Do you hate him?” I asked and I looked up at Aaron. I didn’t know why my stupid mouth just wouldn’t stop being so nosy. I really wanted to know everything about him and TOP.

His face turned serious and he looked away from me. He stared at the wall.

“I don’t know. I hate him for being a jerk. I hated the fact that my sister loved him dearly. If it wasn’t for him, my sister wouldn’t dare to talk back to me. We wouldn’t get into a fight and I would not lock her in her room. And she would still be alive now.”
He sighed softly. I knew he was sad. I knew he was also blaming himself.

“I know that it wasn’t his fault that my sister died. But I hate to see his face. He had changed my sister. I loved Han. And because of him, Han just wouldn’t listen to me anymore. She started lying to me. She talked back to me. She just never listened to me. She didn’t know how much she meant for me.” I could feel the sorrow that came out of his voice.

I didn’t know why, but somehow my heart could feel the pain that he was feeling. He really loved his sister.
I could tell that Han was very important to him. Han was everything. I knew he would die for his sister. He would do anything for Han to be happy. He must be missing her so freaking bad.

I really wanted to tell him that he still had me, as a friend. I wanted to tell him that I would be there for him. But I pushed that thought away.

“She knew that you loved her and you still do.” I accused.

“I miss her…” He sighed quietly.

This was the first time I heard him speak his heart out. I felt sad for him, but I was also happy that he finally let his feelings out. It somehow meant a lot to me.

“That’s why… You!” He then looked at me.

“Me? What?” I asked anxiously.

“Don’t go near that TOP guy!” He told me. I was confused. Why? It didn’t have anything to do with me.

“And why is that?”

“Because I said so.” He was very confident.

“That won’t do it.” Inside my heart, I was hoping him to say something else. Something that… ah, never mind. I knew he wouldn’t. I was only a student to him.

“Guigui… listen to me, will you?” He begged. He sounded serious. But why would he want me to avoid TOP? Okay I knew he was Han’s boyfriend, but he was my friend.

“You’re not my father. Why should I listen?”

“I…” Aaron couldn’t finish his sentence. Maybe he didn’t even know why he was doing this to me.

“Besides, TOP is a good friend of mine. I don’t have any reason to avoid him. He’s a good guy.” I added. Why would I listen to Aaron anyway? TOP did nothing bad to me. TOP was nice. He even saved me once.

“You’re being like my sister. He’s a good guy! That’s what she always said. Why won’t you guys listen to me?” He stared into my eyes and I gulped. No! Not this gaze.

I tried to look away, avoiding his gaze. “Well, I’m not your sister either, so there’s no reason for me to listen to you. You’re jus--”

Something touched my lips causing me to shut up. I blinked my eyes repeatedly. Aaron had already landed his lips on mine.

My eyes widened in shock. I felt my heart pounding uncontrollable in my chest. My heart was pounding up and down from the rush of the unexpected kiss.

I couldn’t think of anything, except that he was kissing me.

His lips were warm and soft.

There was this weird feeling that I could not describe with words. A warm feeling that was just too hard to describe.

With his eyes closed, Aaron slowly pulled himself from the kiss.

It was like a five second kiss but I could still feel the warm feeling even though he already broke the kiss.

He opened his eyes. He pressed his lips together and stared at me through his narrowed eyes.

I wanted to yell at him and asked him what the kiss was for. But I was too shocked that no words could come out of my mouth. I was just sitting there, puzzled.

“Will that make you listen to me now?” He asked. What did he mean? He couldn’t be…

I couldn’t help my cheeks from burning. My heart was still pounding uncontrollably. And I hated the fact that he was looking at me. No! I didn’t want him to see me like this.

“Uhm, I…” I got nervous and did not know what to say. I didn’t know why. I looked away. I turned to the right and then to the left. I looked up and down. I scratched my head and then rubbed my nose. I didn’t know what to do.

I didn’t want to look at Aaron, but I knew he was staring at me like he was hungry.

“Good night.” I lay on the bed and pulled the blanket to cover my whole body. I had to hide my face under the blanket.

--

Just as Guigui hid herself under the blanket, a slight smile crept onto Aaron’s face.

~~

The next day, Master gave a job to me and Aaron. We were asked to go to the mall and hand out flyers to people passing by.
I really didn’t get it. Why couldn’t Calvin and the others do it? Why did it have to be me and Aaron? I still could not face Aaron after what happened yesterday.

‘You’re like a daughter to me.’ That was what Master said and I just couldn’t refuse. I had no idea how it felt having a father. I guess Master really knew how to ask.

“Don’t forget to stop by!” I smiled as I handed out flyers to random people in the mall. I was tired now. I had been handing out flyers for two hours.

Aaron was fifty yards from me. I could see him working hard, too. But what he did was totally wrong. He was supposed to smile and he didn’t. What was he doing? I walked up to him.

“What are you doing? Can’t you smile a bit? Those people might afraid to come to our academy if you do it like that? Are you stupid?” It was now my turn to call him stupid. If he was my boxing teacher well then I was better than him at this job. I knew how to smile very well.

He looked at me. “What did you just say?”

The way he was looking at me right now reminded me of what had happened yesterday.
How could he do that to me? How could he steal a kiss from me?
I blushed. And I my heart began pounding. Ugh! Stupid heart!

“I-I… Well…” As I tried to find words to say, Aaron moved closer to me. Our bodies were so close that I could smell the scent of his body. I hate to admit, but I loved it.

He stared at me.

“What are you trying to say?” He asked.

“Uhm, I-I.. y-you…” I lost for words. I didn’t know why. The image of us kissing yesterday was playing in my mind and it made me weak in front of him.

“I think we’re done here. Let’s go back!” He suggested and I nodded. Of course, I was tired as hell. And I still had to work tonight.

I went to grab my stuff and walked back to Aaron, ready to leave.

“I’m ready.” I told him.

He didn’t look at me and started walking. I walked silently by his side.
Aaron suddenly took my hand and held it tightly. I stared at our hands and I just didn’t want to let go. I loved the feeling. I loved being with Aaron.

“Aaron…” I whispered quietly as I stared at him.

He kept looking straight to the front, still holding my hand. People would think that we were a couple. I somehow liked the thought. I smiled silently to myself.

As we walked side by side, holding hand in hand, I suddenly got a brilliant idea.

“Aaron, Aaron! Let’s take pictures together!!” I tugged his sleeve gently and pointed at a photo booth which was located in front of a pretzel store about forty yards from us.

We stopped. He rolled his eyes at me before looking at the photo booth.

“That’s too girly.” He disagreed.

“Come on! Come on! It won’t kill you. I’ve always wanted to take photo in a booth, but never got the chance to do so. Can we go? Can we go, please?” I begged. I put the sweetest expression I had on my face.

He looked at me and let out a sigh. Even though he did not say anything, I knew he agreed.

“Yayy! Let’s go!” I jumped happily.

~

“Okay, these two are for you. And I’ll take these two.” I said and handed him the photos that had just been printed out.

“I don’t want this one. I want that that one instead!” He gave me back one of the photos that I had just given to him and took one of my photos.

“But I look good on that one.” I pouted but he already walked away. I wanted to keep that photo because I looked good on that one.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Hai guys, so sorry for the late update.
Today is the last day of school. Yay no more finals!
What did Aaron do? He kissed Guigui :O
Don’t be too happy yet, problems are coming! MUAHAHA :P
The handing out flyers thingy was totally random. I don’t know why I even wrote that haha
Thanks for the comments guys. ILY <3

Special thanks to Diane @ Sheer Essence for the poster and background. They’re very cool <33