Chapter 26

Don't Say Goodbye

Chapter 26

YAYY! so manny comments. Since you guys are so nice to me, here I'm giving you the other chapter I have already written.
thank you guys for still reading <33333 ily :D

= = = = = = = = = = = = =

It had been two weeks since the last time I saw TOP. I had not seen him in school. I couldn’t reach him at all. I wondered where he was now. I remembered we were walking home together last time. Where could he be?

Mom was just too happy when I told her that TOP was going to take care of the debt. She had already spent the money we were saving before. I didn’t even know what did she spend the money on. She had left for vacation. Great! She left me here all alone while she was having fun outside the country.

I took a day off from the academy today. Practicing had been really tough lately. Ever since that incident, Aaron had been very cold towards me. He was rougher. He wouldn’t smile. Not even a bit. I wondered what I did wrong to make him act so cold, even colder than he was before. It really hurt my heart to see him like that. And I just felt guilty somehow.

It was in the afternoon, I walked up the stairs slowly at my house. I was getting ready for my naptime when I heard someone rang the bell. I walked down the stairs toward the door. I opened the door slowly and to my surprise, Aaron was standing before me.

“What are you doing here?” I asked curiously.

He shrugged. “Master was worried about you being alone, so he sent me here.”

“Right.” I didn’t know if I should be mad or happy about him being here with me. A part of my heart felt relieved that he was here. I honestly felt very safe whenever he was around me.

“I also brought this. In case you were hungry.” He handed me over a lunch box. I looked at him, but he looked up over my head, avoiding my gaze. He refused to look at me. I began to wonder if Master had really sent him here.

Aaron walked into the house. He sat on the sofa, grabbed the remote TV, and turned the TV on. He really helped himself.

Great! Now I couldn’t take a nap.

I then walked toward the kitchen and placed the lunch box on a counter. I walked to the living room and took a sit on the sofa, beside Aaron. He still had his eyes fixed on the screen. It was like as if he didn’t care about my presence.

“Aaron, are you hungry? I can get you the food you had brought if you want to.” I offered kindly.

There was no respond from him. I scrutinized his face. His expression was unreadable.

“How’s your arm? Does it still hurt?” I asked concernedly and there was still no respond from him. Gee, What did he want?

“Are you not going to talk to me or what?” I got really irritated so I raised my voice a bit. And there was still no respond from him. Okay, That’s it!

I stood up and started walking up the stairs when I heard a doorbell, again. I walked towards the door and opened it. Three unfamiliar guys were standing at the door. They looked old enough to be my dad. They looked pretty scary like they were mafia or something.

“May I help you?” I asked and I half closed the door so Aaron wouldn’t be bothered inside.

“Is this Judy Wu’s house?” The biggest guy who stood in the middle asked. He looked like he was the boss as he was the only one who wore such expensive suit. He didn’t look very happy though.

“Yes, but she’s currently on vacation. She won’t be back until three weeks or so. Do you want to leave her a message?” I asked.

“And who are you?” He asked in an annoying tone.

“I’m Guigui, her daughter.” I smiled warmly at him, trying to be nice. “And you are…?”

“I’m Leo.” He said and the he continued. “So, you’re the girl.” Now I sensed that this would lead me to something bad. He smirked and then he ordered one of his men. “Bring that idiot here!”

“Yes sir!” His man said and left.

We waited and he came back after about two minutes. He was not alone now. He was with…

“You are… that uncle! TOP’s dad!” I gasped in shock. What made me shock even more was that his hands were tied and he was being pushed onto the floor, before me.

“What are you doing? Why did you do that?” I raised my voice a bit. Not that I didn’t want to be polite to older people. But he didn’t have to do that to TOP’s dad.

“Guigui, I’m sorry I couldn’t help.” Uncle Ray looked up at me. He actually knew my name. TOP must have been talking about me. But why was he sorry?

I kneeled down a bit to reach him. “Are you okay? Let me help you!” I offered as I held him, trying to help him stand.

“Thank you.” Uncle Ray said.

“So, tell me! Is this the girl?” The other uncle, whom I believed his name was Leo, asked.

“No, she’s not!” Uncle Ray denied.

“Don’t lie! Is she the girl?” Uncle Leo asked.

“What girl? Why are you guys here?” I asked anxiously. This was my home and I had the right to know of what was happening here.

“Little girl, if it wasn’t for you, this idiot would have given my money back!” Uncle Leo said.

“O-okay.”

“Don’t you get it? Your mom borrowed money from this idiot and he just let her free. And the worst of all is that that was all my money!” Uncle Leo raised his voice.

“He’s my boss.” Uncle Ray whispered.

“Yeah, I’m your boss. After you took all my money away, you tried to run with your beloved son. Well, you’re such an IDIOT!” Uncle Leo kicked Uncle Ray causing him to fly back into the house. I could see Aaron was shocked to see a flying man fall near him.

My body started shaking and I felt weak all of the sudden. This Leo guy wasn’t someone nice.

Uncle Ray looked like he was in pain. Now, I started to understand what this was all about. Uncle Ray was actually one of his men, but Uncle Ray tried to betray him by letting go my family’s debt. I knew it. I knew that wasn’t such a good idea to let TOP take care of the debt.

I saw Uncle Leo signaled his men. They started to make move into the house and ravage the house.

“NOOOO!!” I screamed as I saw one of the guys kicked the TV down. The other guy was busy kicking the table and chairs. “Please, stop! What are you guys doing to my house?”

Aaron immediately stood up and flew his eyes to the door. He looked shocked. “What the…? What are you guys doing?”

Those men ignored Aaron.

“NO, please stop!” I yelled.

Aaron walked towards me. “Guigui, who are they? What are they doing?” He asked me. He finally talked?

“They… uhmm….” I felt scared. I didn’t know how to explain everything to him. I couldn’t let him know about my family’s debt. No…

“I’m here to take my $5000 plus the interest.” Uncle Leo said. Now Aaron got to know everything. And the worst was that I didn’t even have any money to pay this guy.

Aaron turned to look at him. He looked at Uncle Leo from head to toe then he let out a sigh. “It’s you, Uncle Leo.”

“Aaron, you know him?” I asked and Aaron didn’t respond. I hated it.

Uncle Leo smirked in an evil way. “No wonder I feel like I’ve met you before. It’s Aaron Yan, the best boxer in this city. Haven’t seen you in a long time.”

“What do you want?” Aaron asked Uncle Leo. His tone was unfriendly.

“Like I said. I’m here to take my money that this girl owes me.”

Aaron turned to look at me as if he was asking if it was true. I tried really hard to keep my face looked innocent, and I failed. My eyes couldn’t lie to him. I was about to fall into tears now. I was getting scared.

“I-I d-don’t ha-have any m-money with m-me right no-now.” I stammered and my eyes were starting to fall in tears. I really didn’t have any. Mom took everything. And now some guys were ruining my house. I couldn’t take this. What were they doing to my house?

“You heard her.” Aaron looked back at Uncle Leo. He sounded calm.

“Well, I don’t want to know. All I want is my money back.” Uncle Leo’s voice was harsh.

I was really scared. What if he did something bad to us? He even brought his men here. He could do something bad to us.

“We’ll give it back to you, but can you please tell your men to stop ravaging her house?” Aaron pleaded calmly and politely.

“We? Are you going to pay for her?” Uncle Leo asked dubiously.

“Aaron, I don….”

“You know me well. $5000 and the interest.” Aaron said, cutting my sentence. What was he saying? It wasn’t easy to get $5000.

Uncle Leo laughed and then he signaled his men to stop. “This is why I always like you, Aaron. It’ll be good if you join my group. I don’t know why you always refuse to join my group though.”

Aaron smiled faintly at Uncle Leo.

“I don’t get why everyone is helping this girl. Ray and his stupid son were helping her from her debt. Now, even you!” Uncle Leo shook his head and took out a pack of cigarette of his pocket. “What do you guys see in this girl?”

Aaron only looked at Uncle Leo with his lips curled into a cold smile.

I looked at Aaron confusedly. I didn’t know why, but this uncle seemed to like Aaron a lot. Aaron didn’t feel scared at all towards him.

“Let me tell you, Aaron Yan. If you’re willing to join my group, I’ll forget about this girl’s debt. But it’s all up to you. So, I’ll give you one week to give me my money back.” Uncle Leo lighted one cigarette and it into his mouth. “You know that I hate liars, don’t you? You’d better pay up in time.”

A week? I couldn’t believe my ears. Where could I get $5000 in a week? Uncle Leo sounded like he was threatening us, no… He was threatening me. This had nothing to do with Aaron.

Aaron didn’t respond. He only looked at Uncle Leo, but Uncle Leo seemed to understand what was written in Aaron’s eyes.

“Bring that idiot with us!” Uncle Leo ordered his men. He turned around and waved before he walked away. A limo stopped in front of him and he got in to the limo with his men and uncle Ray, leaving me only with Aaron.

I burst into tears when Uncle Leo left. I had been holding back my tears back there. I turned around and looked at my house. It was a mess now. And I still had to pay the debt in a week. $5000 in a week. I really couldn’t take this anymore. I wish I was just dead already.

“What should I do, really?” I cried. More and more tears were just falling down my cheeks.

Suddenly I felt a pair of arm hug me from the back. I knew it was Aaron. He turned me around and pulled me into his chest. He hugged me tightly that I felt very safe and comfortable. I started crying louder. I wanted to let out everything inside my chest.

“It’s okay.” He said. “Everything’s going to be okay.” He gently my hair. Oddly enough, I believed in his words. I believed that everything was going to be okay, at least for now.