다른 세상 사람 (Alien)

Playing with Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

다른 세상 사람 (Alien)

Bobby sauntered along the hallways with headphones glued to his ears. Some old school hip hop song was playing as he pulled open the doors to the school gym. It certainly attracted the attention of the people who were gathered in circle there as all eyes were on him the minute he walked up to them. Bobby didn't mind and he couldn't care less. He was only there for some stupid detention. No, actually it was much worse than that. He preferred for it to be detention by picking up garbage or running laps at the school field, but no, Principal Kwon just had to put him on homecoming committee.

"Oh, great! More people for the committee!" a girl with straight, raven hair clapped her hands as her eyes met Bobby with much excitement. She extended a handshake with a smile plastered on her face but that just flustered Bobby who was definitely not used to bubbly people like her. And so, he just stared at her hand. "No?" she awkwardly put her hand behind her back. "I'm Jisoo, head of this committee. I've heard from Principal Kwon that a new member was joining us, so welcome! What's your name?"

"Bobby," he blurted. "Oh wow, cool. Like an American kind of name," she smiled again. Bobby found it weird though, like he never thought that his name was something to be happy about. "He better not act lazy on this. I'm not settling for a not perfect homecoming dance," Soohyun, the girl with slanted eyes commented. 

"It's not like I want to even do this," Bobby retorted. 

"Exactly. Gosh, why does Principal Kwon thinks it's a good idea to put someone like him here?"

Bobby chuckled amusedly. "And by like me, what do you mean exactly?"

"Oh?" Soohyun was taken aback. "Like, someone who belonged in detention, I don't know."

"Yeah but at least I'm normal not to volunteer for this punishment."

"Punishment?! Do you even have any idea..." Jisoo stepped in between the two before things could get worse. "Let's just start on discussing the theme. That's the main point of the dance," she began the meeting promptly. "Last year was Under the Sea. Any ideas for this year's?" 

"Can we like go retro? I really want a disco ball this year," Jinwoo commented. "Oppa, I told you the budget won't allow it. Sorry," she shrugged as the latter sighed. "Anything else? What about you?"

Bobby froze as he realized she was staring at him. "Me?" he pointed at himself and Jisoo nodded adamantly. "Maybe you have some great ideas you want to throw in," she sweetly smiled. "Not really," Bobby avoided eye contact with her just because he felt weirded out. How does she smile all the time?

"Aw, come on. There must be something that you have in mind."

"Look, I came here on today's notice. I just want to get this over with as soon as I can. So don't come to me asking for ideas, because I don't have any," he muttered. Jisoo was taken aback by his words but she just shook it off by asking someone else. Bobby didn't know why but on that particular day, at that particular time, he regretted the way he put his words. He might have came out harsher than he intended considering Jisoo's reaction.

Ah, whatever, what do I care?

 

"Just a bit more," Jisoo stretched her arm out to reach for the decorations on the top shelf but it was not reaching there. She wondered who put it up so high when obviously not all of them were tall. Just then an arm reached out for the decorations first and she turned around, only to find Bobby standing so close to her. Bobby hesitated for a second, whether he should grabbed the decorations or not. That position made his heart beat like crazy and he was scared that she could hear it. It was obvious nonse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter