The Remaining 90%

Playing with Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

the remaining 90%

Chaeyoung bobbed her head to the rhytm of her favourite song. She decided to silence the outside world to make her forget of all the problems and stress in school. It was night and she just returned from the self-study session at school. Chaeyoung found the session burdensome. Like wasn't the first 8 hours in classroom enough? Being a senior was really tough like everyone else said. It was so stressful. 

Two pairs of feet in the latest Nike showed up in her view. She slowly looked up and found herself in front of some student from her school, judging by his uniform. He looked up suddenly, his eyes met hers. "YAH!" he pointed his finger towards her which left her dumbfounded. She took off the headphones from her ears and left them resting around her neck. "Why...why you do this to me?! You can't!"

Chaeyoung flinched back as the strong smell of alcohol filled the air. She glared at him but it wasn't like he was aware of it. "Stupid girl..." he slurred as he tried to regain balance in standing. 

She knew him. She knew his face and maybe vaguely recalled his name. She knew that he was described as the nicest boy in school who always helped his friends and the teachers all smiled just at the sight of him. But they never spoke. They never really greeted each other but they were sure they knew each other's faces because somehow, Chaeyoung's path would crossed him almost everyday at school, and even at home because they actually lived in the same apartment complex. Strangers, but not really. 

Chaeyoung shook her head as she tried to clear her head from thoughts about him. Who cares? She put on her headphones again and tried walking away. But just then, without warning, Chaeyoung found herself splattered with...vomit?! She froze as the drunkard in front of her gaped, but then laughed. "You look so....ugly!" he laughed again, which only boiled her anger even more.

"YAHHH!!!!" she screamed, not being able to hold it in anymore. He was shocked for a second before continuing to laugh, again.

 

Donghyuk dragged his feet to the bathroom in the darkness. His eyes were barely open and he definitely felt like sleeping even more because his head felt like splitting, but nature called. Then, he dragged his feet to walk back to his room and continue his sleep. He lied down on his bed, closed his eyes and tried to go back to dreamland. 

After three seconds of shutting his eyes, he opened them again because he thought he saw someone else. Wait, what? His eyes widened as he realized that there was a girl lying on his bed, right then. He poked her shoulder and stood up straight when he realized she was real. Chaeyoung, who was disturbed being the light sleeper she was, groggily opened her eyes. She froze when she saw him.

"Don't scream," he said. Maybe there was a glint in her eyes but he somehow felt like she wouldn't listen to him. And so, he covered before she had the opportunity to scream. Chaeyoung protested in muffled voices, sounding angry. "Just don't scream. My mom's going to wake up and I'd get murdered by my dad for bringing a high school girl in my room," he warned again but she just rolled her eyes. "I mean it! Don't scream," she just nodded this time, frustrated by this creature in front of her.

"Okay, who are you and what are you doing in my room?" he let go slowly as he asked. "Isn't that what I'm supposed to say? You're in my room!" she grimaced as she walked to the switch to turn on the light. Donghyuk squinted his eyes at the sudden change of light in the room but when he opened his eyes again, he realized she was right. It wasn't his room. 

"Whaa...." "Why am I here?" Donghyuk tried remembering what happened and scenes of him drinking and vomitting onto her crossed his mind. "You seriously don't remember?!" she couldn't believe he would have a blackout after all the trouble he caused her that night. "No..." he feigned ignorance. "REALLY? Not the part where you vomitted on me? Or when my brother had to piggyback you? Or when he decided not to send you straight home because he's worried that you might get scolded? What were you thinking anyways? A high school student drinking, you must've gone mad." he was really ticking her off.

Just then, the door bursted open, revealing Chae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter