Only You

Playing with Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

only you

2019.

Jennie uploaded a photo of the ddeokbokki her friend had sent her with the caption of 'craving' on Instagram stories. She put her phone down as she sighed at her stomach grumbling. It was the only way for her to satisfy her craving since she was on a diet. Being an idol was torture, even when it had already been 3 years since Blackpink's debut. She loved performing on stage, writing her own lyrics, entertaining people with her songs, but the other 'perks' that came with it were just burdening her even more. The paparazzi, the netizens, the sunbaes, the variety shows, the diet, especially the diet.

After about thirty minutes of writing lyrics in her notebook lyric, she closed the book and decided that it was time for bed. If sleeping was going to reduce her hunger, then that might be her best option. But just then the doorbell rang and she was curious. It was 1 a.m., who in the world would ring someone's bell at a time like this. Dragging her feet to the front door, she was shocked when she saw the familiar figure on the screen. She opened the door and he immediately shoved her to what smelled like ddeokbokki. She figured her mind was just fooling her.

"It's yours," Hanbin was practically forcing her to take it. "Don't tell me this is actually..." Hanbin nodded and frustratedly sighed as he forced her to take it anyways. "Hanbin, you know I'm on a diet," she said. "That's why your telling the whole world about it on SNS?" he smirked. "Just eat for today. It's the one at the ahjumma stall that we used to always go."

Her eyes sparkled as she realized that it was her favourite stall, one that she couldn't go anymore nowadays because she was now a somebody. Exactly the 'perk' she meant. "Wait, you went all the way to Samcheongdong?" he nodded. "At midnight?!"

"Just eat it. I need to go back to the studio," he lowered the cap he was wearing. "Goodnight, Jennie."

"Goodnight," she still said it even when he already left. Looking at the ddeokbokki in her hands Jennie smiled. This was so Hanbin. Showing up at the middle of the night to gave her ddeokbokki just because she was craving for it. 

Maybe it was because she was the first person he were friends with ever since coming to YG. Maybe it was because they spent hours training maybe not together, but through the same process. Maybe because they understood each other and connected better than anyone could. Maybe it was because Hanbin had been there from the start and still was. But she always felt like she would not be alone at the end of the day. Like there would be someone who would just lend his shoulder for her to cry on and not say a thing. She loved that about Hanbin. She never would admit it but Hanbin was really a good friend to her. And she was grateful for that.

 

"Hanbin, just this one time, okay?" the manager hyung was busy persuading him to go on a variety show. President Yang had been actively trying to get his artists into variety shows as the fans demanded to see a different side of the idols. But Hanbin was very occupied with writing songs for iKon and for other groups. He was the most sought after composer at that time.

"No, hyung. I'll end up being dead due to exhaustion at this rate," Hanbin sighed. He didn't feel like doing variety shows nowadays. He felt like he needed to focus more on his music because all he had been doing for the past four years was joining the shows President Yang asked him to. He thought he needed a break from all that. 

"It won't be tiring at all! I told you you're going to Jeju Island and it's kind of one of those vacation slash variety programs. It'll be loads of fun! The cast is insane!" 

"Isn't there's too many of those nowadays?"

"But this one's different! The PD worked on '14 Days around Bali,' you know the one that had ratings over the roof?! And the cast, there's Seo Hyunjin, Kim Yoojung, Lee Jaehoon, uh...some Apink member, and some other comedian which I couldn't recall now. But it'll be a great opportunity for you to show the oppa side of you! Plus, you can't let Jennie do variety on her own. She'll die at that rate," the manager tried to give more reasons for him to accept the offer but Hanbin's attention only caught Jennie's name.

"Jennie?"

"Yeah, didn't I mention that she'll be doing this too?"

Hanbin's mind paused for a moment as his manager continued to give a hundred reasons of why he should do the program. He felt that no more words were needed if Jennie was to be involved. This is Jennie, the girl that he would run to if she needs him, the only girl who could calm him down when he was stressed, the girl who understood his feelings more than anyone because they shared the same dreams

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter