DSMN

Don't Stop Me Now

A/N: This story plan was started 2 years ago. I only sat down and finish it. Check out Smile Again and Aftermath for prior stories.

 


 

My silence is the beginning of my revenge.

 

Here Kyungsoo was, sitting at the cafe with his childhood friends... and Yixing. He was pissed, he could not understand how that of an angel found his way into Kyungsoo's yearly meeting with Junmyeon and Minseok.  

"Now there Soo, you've been staring at Yixing with the death stare for the past three years!" Minseok said, cutting into Kyungsoo's thoughts.
"And hyung has been saying that for the past three years too.." Junmyeon droned, sipping on a drink.

Kyungsoo had found out that Yixing were childhood friends with Minseok and Junmyeon, he then moved out when Jongdae was three. Yixing never knew Jongdae was the brother of Minseok and Junmyeon, only finding out at Jongdae's funeral service. Yixing was then feeling really guilty for causing his death, beating himself over it everyday for a month.. But from what Kyungsoo can see now, Yixing is long over it, seeing how happy he looks... as has been for the past 2 years.

Kyungsoo noticed that the drink Junmyeon was sipping on was actually Yixing's. He noticed their subtle flirts with each other, and Junmyeon's hands low-key rubbing on Yixing's thighs. Bleargh, they looked like how lovers would be. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and excused himself from the meet-up, he left early, as always.

 

One day I'm going to hurt you, I promise.

 


 

Kyungsoo was sitting in the school's canteen when Yixing and Luhan walked in. Unfortunately they got into the same university three years which was famous for both music, and sports, particularly football. Yixing and Luhan got into the football club at first try, and made it to the team in less than a month, a feat for freshmen. Now Luhan is the captain of the football team.

"How's your relationship coming along?" Kyungsoo heard Luhan asking. 
"I would say good so far, we're closer recently. He had hinted that we're going to do more, this weekend." Yixing excited voice filled his ears. 
"Do you mean--"
"Yeah, we're going to go to a private resort his family owned and do it there. I even bought the necessities! Just we need to decide where to do it, on the kitchen table, in the shower or-- "
"Ugh, too much info, Xing." Luhan cut in. "I don't need to know your kinks.." 

There was a short pause as the two ordered their takeaway lunch.

"How's it with your crush?" Yixing had asked. "Uhh.. Sehoon, isn't it?"
"Sehun. Oh Sehun." Luhan corrected dreamily. "The perfection.."
"Yeah yeah, have you asked him out yet?"
"I'm going to ask him tonight! He will agree! He has been giving me hints since forever!" Luhan became animated while talking about his new play thing.

The noise died down as the two left the canteen, leaving Kyungsoo deep in thought.

Oh.. Se.. Hun...?
That's the name of Jongdae's half brother.

 


 

Kyungsoo asked around and found out Sehun's daily routine includes flirting to girls at the gym. He waited there, trying to blend into the walls as - , everyone was so fit that Kyungsoo felt puny. Suddenly he heard screams and a tall figure with milky white skin walked in. 

Oh Sehun.

The boy that Kyungsoo knew had grew so huge that he was now taller than Kyungsoo. Sehun was casually wearing a denim shirt, jeans and black high top for shoes. A black beanie covered what seems like red hair, and he was wearing a pair of nerdy glasses that looked like what Jongdae would wear. His grin enticed the group of girls, his smirks made the girls swoon, and his popularity made the guys envious. 

However, Kyungsoo noticed that Sehun's smiles did not reach his eyes..

 


 

"Seshine-ie!" Kyungsoo had called out to the younger boy once he was done.

Sehun turned, wide eyed. Only one person would call him by that name--

"Umma!" Sehun exclaimed, before running towards Kyungsoo and pulling him into a hug.
"When did you get back?!" Kyungsoo asked, "You did not contact us at all!"

Sehun had gave the older one a sheepish smile.
"Because seeing you all makes my heart ache."
"..."
"The only memory I had of Jongdae hyung was with you guys."
"..."
"And seeing you guys.." Sehun choked up, eyes turning red. "See..ing you guys made me... think of him.."

Kyungsoo pulled Sehun into a hug.

"It'll pass.. "

 


 

Kyungsoo was pissed at Sehun for playing soccer with Luhan.

"Why are you having so much fun with Luhan?! Didn't you know he indirectly caused Jongdae's death?"

Sehun had looked down on the floor, biting his lips.

"I can't forgive them, EVER." Kyungsoo spat. "I'll take revenge! Don't stop me now!"
In a small voice, Sehun said. "I.. was going to take revenge the same way.. But.. It's my favourite sport!" 

Kyungsoo's expression was a look of outraged disbelief.

"How can you have fun with a... a murderer." He turned and stomped off.

Sehun was helpless.

"But... we've to enjoy while we still can..."

 


 

Sehun officially started going out with Luhan a month later, to the disbelief of his fangirls. Firstly, Sehun is gay? Secondly, a handsome dude like Sehun is gay? And lastly, Luhan was known to be a playboy who can't wait to stick his into every hottie! (Not that Sehun believes the rumours. Or did he?) However it still didn't stop Sehun from getting gifts, getting followed around. Even guys started to crowd around Sehun because-- as Sehun is openly gay now, he is of no competition and of no threat. Following him around gets them a chance of talking to the girls. Their relationship went on for a year, where they had eyes for no one else, whispered sweet nothings to each other, ate meals together, went to sports meets together.

Sehun had plopped down onto the bed once he reaches his dormitory room. Soon after, Luhan got onto their bed-- yes, their bed. Luhan had pulled some strings so they shared a room (unheard of as freshmen and seniors usually got different floors) and so that they got a king-sized bed instead of a double decker bed as per regulations. 

"Why my prince? Tired? Need some massage?" Luhan had asked, rubbing Sehun's six packs soothingly.
"Mmm, please, darling." Sehun murmured with eyes closed, allowing Luhan to flip him over.

Luhan pulled off Sehun's shirt, placing a few kisses on Sehun's shoulder before dribbling massage oil onto his back, rubbing it all over. After massaging the back, Luhan moved to remove Sehun's shorts, dribbling oil and started massaging his thighs. Sehun would let out a hiss whenever Luhan moved too the sensitive area, and Luhan smirked. That was what he wanted.

What Sehun didn't know was that Luhan just wanted to get into his pants tonight. What Luhan didn't know was that Sehun has since been prepared, to make Luhan had a hell of a (hard) time.

 


 

The next day saw Luhan limping to the doctors', dark circles under his eyes and reporting sick to school. Sehun looked for Kyungsoo, who was on the roof, lying down and staring at the sky. Sehun did not know how to start the conversation. Afterall, they had not spoke to each other since Kyungsoo's outburst. 

"Umm--" Sehun called out before he noticed that Kyungsoo's tears "What's wrong, hyung?"

Kyungsoo hurriedly wiped his eyes, and Sehun saw his bruised knuckles and black eye. "What happened?"

"I punched Yixing. I punched that bastard Yixing for going out with Junmyeon. I caught them at the tennis courts holding hands and kissing each other. Junmyeon went crazy at me, he shouted at me. He did not understand! He did not know that Yixing was the cause of Jongdae's suicide. He-- he loves Yixing, Seshine. I can see it in his eyes. He ing threw a tennis ball into my face because I punched Yixing. He ing screamed at me to leave."

Sehun sat down beside Kyungsoo. 

"Hyung, you know what?" Sehun let out a sigh. "I guess revenge isn't so sweet afterall."

Kyungsoo adjusted his position so his head was on Sehun's lap.

"I always thought revenge was supposed to be sweet. But why am I feeling bitter?"

Sehun gingerly touched Kyungsoo's black eye. 

"Hyung.. You know what? I took revenge too. I made Luhan suffer. But, why is my heart still aching? I feel like I'm the one suffering instead. I... I still am not happy."
"What would Jongdae do?" Kyungsoo wondered aloud. 

"Jongdae would smile, forgive, forget and move on."

Both boys turned towards the source of the new voice. Minseok stood at the door to the rooftop.

"Jongdae would not like to see you all mope around because of his death. Jongdae would want you guys to be happy and live your lives. Jongdae would, if Jongdae was alive."

"I'll need time."
"And time you do have. Let time heal all wounds." 

 

-

 


 

A/N: So Kyungsoo is finally trying to move on! I'm trying to think of some more side stories/continuation to this series of one shots. Check out Smile Again and Aftermath. I actually intended "Smile Again" to be a one time thing. Then more ideas grew. I always liked the Chensoo ship (thus my friend created my username) but I can only do Kyungsoo's one sided love for this. 

The best revenge is just moving on and getting over it. Don't give someone the satisfaction of watching you suffer.

Don't forgetsmile, forgive, forget and move on.