Day 1

Epiphany
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaemin suddenly woke up. His vision was dark, but not so dark so he assumed he woke up earlier than usual. He sat up, eyes still feeling heavy. Yesterday's events still played in his mind. He rubbed his face with his hands, groaning loudly. Everyone at school talked about him - about them; and he didn't like it at all.

"Are you insane?!" Jaemin shouted at Jeno once pulling him inside an empty room. "I said no, you idiot! What part of my rejection did you not understand?!" The former released a frustrated sigh, combing his hair backwards using his fingers. Jeno stood there, eyes glued onto the ground. 

"I know you'll still do it, nevertheless." He muttered.

Jaemin scoffed, not actually believing those words came out from him. "So you're using that as your advantage? Is that it?" 

Jeno closed his eyes and rubbed the back of his neck, "Don't put it that way. It's because I trusted you." The male looked up and locked eyes with the latter, "No one could do it best except you. We've been best friends for years, Jae. We're bros, did you forget? I thought you'll be accepting it because you wanted to help me."

"I – you're impossible." Jaemin sighed, ruffling his hair. He paced around the room, thinking about the situation he was forced into. "It's just for one week, Jae." Jeno continued, "One week and we'll stop. By then, I'm pretty sure Eunseo will stop bothering us, too." 

"Is the weekend counted?" 

Jeno shrugged, "Eunseo won't probably count those days." His answer only made Jaemin frown, yet he shrugged to his statement. All he had to do was endure it. Although he had a feeling the next days won't be as good as he think it will be. 

"Are you still mad?" He asked after a moment of silence engulfed them. Was he mad? He doesn't know. He didn't know anymore. He was mad that he actually got him to get into this situation, that all these moments he will be having with Jeno are all fake; but he was at the same time happy. Happy that he still got to spend these precious moments with him. At least it will make him happy.

"I'm not," Jaemin shrugged. "I guess." 

"Suits enough for me." Jeno shrugged too. "Let's go out later. We still have to convince a whole lot more people." Jaemin's lips twitched in annoyance but complied anyway. It was his plan, all he had to do was cooperate.

Jaemin looked at the digital clock. 6:12AM. He still had enough time to prepare. Getting up, the male went inside the bathroom the was connected from his room. 

It was fifteen minutes past 7AM when Jaemin was done preparing for school. Getting his bag, he jogged downstairs to greet a lively atmosphere from the kitchen. He put his bag down on the sofa in the living room before going to the dining area. "Good morning." He greeted, still curious about the liveliness of the place.

"Good morning, Jaemin!" Jeno's voice echoed in his ears. The said male blinked in surprise, finding him seat on the table, eating along with his parents. Jaemin ceased his eyebrows, hesitantly grabbing the empty seat and served himself breakfast. Although he wanted to ask him why he was here, he had too many thoughts in mind to ask him.

"Why didn't you tell us?" His mother beamed, which Jaemin found abnormal. She was too happy and he knows that his mother is usually cranky in the morning. "Tell you what?" Jaemin asked, not really getting any hint. "That you're dating Jeno, of course!" She reacted, "I told you your son is gay!" She pointed at her husband and Jaemin looked at them weirdly.

Jeno couldn't help but laugh at Jaemin's 'what-the-' look as he looked at his father give his mother some money. "You made a bet?" He asked in disbelief. "Hey, it was getting obvious." Mrs. Na raised her hands up in defense. Jaemin literally slapped his head in frustration, "Jesus. I'm not gay! Can't it be that I'm just very close with Jeno?"

Jaemin momentarily forgot about the whole plan. The situation he was in made him look like he was actually gay for Jeno and it was true; he didn't want anyone to know yet here it is, his secret slowly slipping out.

"Yeah, but eventually you did." Jeno in, grinning, "I think it's time for them to know, anyway. We've been keeping it for months now."

"Months?! Oh my," Mrs. Na clutched her chest, giving it a few hard taps. "May you both stay strong." Jaemin groaned as he quickly finished his food. "Careful, Jaemin." His father warned, eyeing him munch down the food in large bites. "I'm done," The younger male said, food still stuffed in his mouth.

Mrs. Na sighed, "Excuse him. He lacks table manners sometimes." Jeno could only chuckle and watch Jaemin put his plate on the sink, hurriedly going to the living room to get his bag and sped off. "Yah, brush your teeth!" Mrs. Na shouted at his son who was running outside, leaving the door open.

Jeno ruffled his hair, finding it rather amusing. He slung his bag over his shoulder and bowed, "I'll get going now. Thank you for the food!"

"Please remind him to brush his teeth later when he arrives at school." Mrs. Na

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter